Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

VRL, VILLAGE ROADSHOW LIMITED
ft2tak
post Posted: Aug 23 2013, 05:11 PM
  Quote Post

VRL will be close to $20 in a couple of years.... Any thoughts?

The Pro
post Posted: Feb 2 2011, 02:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Feb 1 2011, 10:51 AM

All aboard, VRL share price ticking up nicely each day.

--------------------
I made it and then lost it and then made it all back, never to lose it again!!!
.............. Lost it again!!!!!!!
.............. Making it back again!!!!

wolverine
post Posted: Feb 1 2011, 10:51 AM
  Quote Post

INTENTION TO ACCEPT TAKEOVER OFFER FOR AUSTEREO
Village Roadshow Limited (“VRL”) notes the announcement made today by Southern Cross
Media Group Limited (“SCM”) that a subsidiary of SCM intends to make a takeover offer for
Austereo Group Limited (“AEO”) at an offer price of $2.05 per share (inclusive of any dividends
payable by AEO), increasing by 10 cents per share if SCM acquires a relevant interest in AEO of
at least 90% (“SCM Offer”).

Looks like this was a good pick a week or so ago.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

wolverine
post Posted: Jan 25 2011, 12:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: The Pro's post @ Jan 25 2011, 12:04 PM

A slow burn for VRL but it looks like there is $5 in them if the ducks line up in a timely fashion.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

Said 'Thanks' for this post: The Pro  

The Pro
post Posted: Jan 25 2011, 12:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Jan 24 2011, 11:10 AM

Gday All, Asset Sales and Buy Backs lead me to believe that a Privatisation of the business will occur sometime this year. VRL was a much unloved stock for some time, in my experience its sometimes those stocks that produce outstanding returns, patience is required. Without a lot of Institutional investors it was always going to take a bit longer for the share price to gravitate towards fair value.

Cheers

--------------------
I made it and then lost it and then made it all back, never to lose it again!!!
.............. Lost it again!!!!!!!
.............. Making it back again!!!!

wolverine
post Posted: Jan 24 2011, 11:10 AM
  Quote Post

The rumour that Austereo may be closer to being sold last week has fired VRL up. Last $2.94 up another 10%.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

wolverine
post Posted: Jan 15 2011, 10:48 PM
  Quote Post

The recent agreement to sell 'the aquarium and attractions' will reduce their debt allowing them to resume dividends. The net cash after repayment of debt inside attractions is apparently $115m. They seem to spinning off a bit of free cash.

A quicky scan of the chart shows a bit of potential on a break over $2.60ish but it looks ok if you like buying a few in anticipation of it testing this level.

The Pro was all over this if you read back a few posts and the debt reduction is only going to help.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

wolverine
post Posted: May 27 2010, 08:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: The Pro's post @ May 26 2010, 12:12 PM

Hi Pro

Right you are. I have typed that post terribly and it definitely reads like there is an additional $1.3B in off-balance sheet debt. You just can't trust anyone there days eh wink.gif

My point is that the level of debt is very high relative to their market cap which explains their cheapness. If VRL can lower their debt the PE will take off.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

wren
post Posted: May 26 2010, 11:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: vida's post @ May 26 2010, 09:44 PM

Hi vida,
If you wish to be successful in the Market ,ignoring what 'an article said' is a good start.The Pro produced an argument as to why VRL may be a buy.Personally,I'm not a Fundamental Trader however one can appreciate the reasoning.Who cares what an article says.Following the opinion of others is frequently a direct path to the poorhouse-without passing go.This especially applies to Broker 'Research'.A broker or article writer is usually trying to sell you something which is good for them but often not for you.

vida
post Posted: May 26 2010, 09:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: The Pro's post @ May 26 2010, 12:12 PM

everything is oversold lately, a lot of cheap or cheaper than before stocks creating buying opportunities, but they will only get cheaper as the bears are out, every bear is out of its cave an article said the other day..

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING