Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

MP1, MEGAPORT LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Oct 15 2019, 12:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Aug 22 2019, 12:18 PM

MP1 made it through $10 this morning, but couldn't hold.

...but I continue to.smile.gif

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 22 2019, 12:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 22 2019, 11:51 AM

Chart
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=mp1
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 22 2019, 11:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 24 2019, 09:30 PM

Closed around $7.60 today after a good market update ahead of reporting season.

- and good buying subsequently; now $8.40

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 21 2019, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

Megaport accelerates growth trajectory delivering 78% revenue increase bolstered by significant rise in customers, Ports, and Total Services. Extending to 20 countries, Megaport reaches 528 Enabled Data Centres including 300 Installed Data Centres .

FY19 highlights:
● Revenue for the period was $35.1M, an increase of 78% from last year.
● Total monthly recurring revenue (MRR) for June 2019 was $3.6M, an increase of $1.6M, 82% YoY.
● Total Installed Data Centres was 300 at the end of June 2019, an increase of 79, 36% YoY. Total Enabled Data Centres was 528 at the end of June 2019.
● Customers increased by 44% YoY to a total of 1,490.
● Total Ports sold increased in the fiscal year to 4,069, a 48% increase YoY.
● Total Services sold increased in the fiscal year to 11,561, a 76% increase YoY.
● Average Revenue per Port in June 2019 increased to $887, due to increased service adoption. In June 2018, the average Revenue per Port was $720.
● The business generated a profit after direct network costs during the fiscal year of $11.9M, an increase of $7.5M, 166% YoY.
● Net loss for the full year was $33.6M.
● Successful capital raising activities of $60M were completed during the fiscal year.
● At the end of June 2018, the Company’s cash position was $74.9M.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 24 2019, 09:30 PM
  Quote Post

Well, MP1 continues to surprise, on the upside. Since breaking away from $4 in March this year, it has had six (6) higher highs, and any "higher low" retracements have been short-lived.

Closed around $7.60 today after a good market update ahead of reporting season.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 21 2019, 09:20 AM
  Quote Post

Bevan Slattery has sold 3,300,000 shares (equivalent to 2.46% of the Company’s issued capital) , underwritten by UBS AG, Australia Branch, at a price of $5.11 and distributed to institutional investors.

Following the selldown, Mr Slattery will continue to hold 18,162,607 shares in the Company (equivalent to 13.52% of the Company’s issued capital).

Mr Slattery will be using the proceeds from the sale to fund early stage development of two new technology ventures.S
- mature business? Slattery didn't take any up in the rights issue (though he went into SLC

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

nipper
post Posted: Apr 30 2019, 02:39 AM
  Quote Post

Megaport received applications in excess of $47.6 million ....

....based on an assessment of its capital requirements, [the board decided] to cap shares issued under the SPP to $10 million (2,500,000 fully paid ordinary shares), with applicants to be scaled back on a pro-rata basis.

Shares will be issued at $4.00 each.
- this company does this every time. One way to annoy small investors... Closed at $5.60

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 17 2019, 10:34 AM
  Quote Post

Global update - S/P pushing higher, above $5.30

3Q FY19 highlights:
● Revenue for the period was $8.96M, an increase of 8% from the last quarter.
● Total Monthly Recurring Revenue for March 2019 was $3.11M, an increase of $395K, 15% QoQ.
● Total Installed Data Centres was 264 at the end of the quarter, an increase of 19 across three regions, or 8% QoQ.
● Total Enabled Data Centres was 465 at the end of the quarter, an increase of 79 across three regions, or 20% QoQ.
● Customers increased by 7% QoQ to a total of 1,367.
● Total Ports increased in the quarter to 3,668, or 10% QoQ.
● Total Services increased in the quarter to 10,374, or 19% QoQ, of which VXCs increased in the quarter to 5,312, or 18% QoQ.
● Average Revenue per Port in December 2018 increased to $848, or 4% QoQ.
● At the end of March 2019, the Company’s cash position was $73.8M (including bank term deposits but excluding the up to $10M in proceeds from SPP).

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 15 2019, 07:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 13 2019, 08:49 AM

SPP @ $4.00 for existing s/holders .. but this will be scaled back
.... with the S/P at 4.70 and the share purchase plan still open for more than a week, I'd reckon participation will be high

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 5 2019, 04:07 PM
  Quote Post

Essentially, the cloud is just a metaphor for the internet. The dictionary definition of cloud computing is the practice of using a network of remote servers hosted on the Internet to store, manage, and process data, rather than a local server or a personal computer.

This means that for individuals, a benefit of using the cloud is that as remote servers handle much of the computing and storage, you don't necessarily need an expensive, high-end machine for the same outputs.

Some background, opportunities and risks

In mid-2017, computer scientists at Google’s security-research unit Project Zero helped discover two 20-year-old flaws in computer chips that were so widely used it meant just about every computer and network in the world was vulnerable to hacking.

Among those vulnerable to the microprocessor flaws were the providers of cloud computing, those that offer IT resources from data centres over the internet. By the time the flaws were made public in January 2018, however, the major cloud-service providers such as Amazon, Google and Microsoft had secured their systems and enhanced their reputations for competence and security.

The ability of cloud service providers to remind people of their worth when such a vulnerability emerged is among reasons why the practice of cloud computing has become a US$176 billion industry over the past 15 years or so.

The sharing of remote IT resources is expected to grow in coming years. Morgan Stanley estimates that by 2021, businesses will send 44% of application workloads to the public cloud - more than double today’s figure of 21%. US consultancy Gartner predicts the global cloud services market will reach US$278 billion by 2021. All up, cloud computing is proving to be a rare part of technology; it is surpassing predictions of its usefulness and doing so in a relatively trouble-free manner in an era when much technology is shrouded in controversy.

To be sure, any large, fast-growing industry is bound to stir up some issues. Data centres can have technical problems that put them temporarily out of service. Their large energy demands could attract criticism, although cloud computing is a more efficient use of resources at a society level and cloud providers are adept at maximising energy efficiency. Issues about ‘data sovereignty’ have prompted some governments to force cloud service providers to contain data within country borders. No part of the internet, including cloud data centres, will ever be fully secure. The European banking regulator worries that the outsourcing of core banking systems to the cloud is a systemic risk. Increasing market dominance by the likes of Amazon and Microsoft could attract the attention of anti-trust regulators.

It must be said too that for all the benefits the cloud offers not everything will shift to data centres. Cost-wise, for instance, cloud computing might be better suited to variable volumes of data processing. Certain core operational workloads might stay on the premises, as might critical IT and customised processing. The same goes for data that must stay on site for compliance reasons. Another brake on cloud growth is that applications such as autonomous driving still benefit from having computing resources closer to the data source.

But these caveats pale next to the bigger trends. Favourable economics, technological advancements and security concerns will prompt businesses to outsource more IT to the large data centres that comprise the cloud. In the foreseeable future, cloud computing is likely to fulfill upbeat expectations of its benefits without stirring up too much trouble.
- from Magellan, on a bigger trend. This local boat seems to be rising with the tide.

--------------------

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING