Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

AVJ, AVJENNINGS HOMES LIMITED
stezz
post Posted: Aug 12 2010, 03:01 PM
  Quote Post

AVJ looks set to break its downtrend from Oct 09 in the next day or two (if not today). Return to dividends and an NTA backing of 1.08 along with the chart, convinced me to buy .

silentreader
post Posted: Nov 3 2009, 10:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Financial Chatter's post @ Oct 23 2009, 10:25 AM

Guinness Peat had tried unsuccessfully to secure a board seat many years ago.They invested in AVJ for the huge discount to the assets. I am not sure where this will lead too. despite their large shareholdings, it is not easy to force changes in a company. Hope they can succeed.

Financial Chatte...
post Posted: Oct 23 2009, 10:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Aug 3 2009, 03:28 PM

I see that Guinness Peat want AVJ wound up because of the significant discount to NTA

hungry
post Posted: Aug 3 2009, 03:28 PM
  Quote Post

Might be time for a revesit here. Recovery started after the other builders took off without it?

Financial Chatte...
post Posted: Dec 1 2008, 01:12 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Financial Chatter on Thursday 09/08/07 12:27pm

So Louis has fallen (on his own sword). Taken long enough to happen

Financial Chatte...
post Posted: Aug 9 2007, 12:27 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: david_j_c on Thursday 09/08/07 12:21pm

definitely register your protest. This Singaporean mob need a shake up. Unfortunately there is little chance of GPG nominees getting the nod but at least it might force the current board to make some proper decisions
I would fully support the company's assets being put up for sale as GPG have suggested, and secondly I would support the sacking of the current MD. He has been hopeless.

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

david_j_c
post Posted: Aug 9 2007, 12:21 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Financial Chatter on Monday 08/01/07 08:14pm

Has anybody a view on voting for the GPG canditates for the board? According to my broker the conflict of interest claimed by AVJ is extremely minor. And does anyone know the rules for voting on board positions? Is it a majority for each position, or some sort of pro-rata system? If a majority the SCGD vote will carry the day, but is it a good idea to register a protest vote anyway?

David

Financial Chatte...
post Posted: Jan 8 2007, 08:14 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: hawleybeach on Monday 08/01/07 05:15pm

Not so sure about that. If a company was not desparate to lock in some profits in the current financial year, why would it give away future revenue by developing the block in a JV arrangement rather than on its own. I suspect that the bank have said sell some of the assets to reduce the debt expecially since the company seem incapable of making much of a profit.
The MD should be sacked - he is totally incompetant - or is he just managing it badly under direction from the major foreign shareholder so that they can make a cheap takeover offer at a low ball price.

hawleybeach
post Posted: Jan 8 2007, 05:15 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Financial Chatter on Tuesday 18/05/04 06:57pm

ANNOUNCEMENT: AVJennings Annouces Joint Venture with Macquarie Real Estate Equity Funds

AV Jennings are expecting to make a profit of $7,000,000 on the establishment of the Joint Venture PLUS a proportion of the development profits PLUS ongoing fees

And the price has only risen by 7 cents following the annoucement this morning ... perhaps not to the $2+ it was trading at in 2004 ... but it can surely hit a lot higher than it is now when people see that Macquarie are involved

Financial Chatte...
post Posted: May 22 2006, 11:27 AM
  Quote Post

I mean GPG. They have a substantial holding including some significant option agreements entered into in the last two months

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING