Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

PRG, PROGRAMMED MAINTENANCE SERVICES LIMITED
alonso
post Posted: Mar 9 2016, 03:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Mar 8 2016, 08:50 AM

That was good enough for me today.
I thought I might do some real bottom feeding and spend it on CCV

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

alonso
post Posted: Mar 8 2016, 08:50 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Mar 4 2016, 01:36 PM

I nearly cashed in yesterday. See what today brings.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

arty
post Posted: Mar 4 2016, 01:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 12 2016, 10:49 AM

Nice recovery.

Attached Image

Flag breakout could happen any moment. After trading the initial leg up, I hold again.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Feb 12 2016, 10:49 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Feb 4 2016, 10:14 AM

The final dividend, estimated at 5cps, won't come for a few months yet. You may even have to wait till July before it goes ex-div again. I do agree though that a vicious sell-off like this may offer some quick trading opportunities. If $1 holds, I could be tempted, especially with the AGM coming up.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

alonso
post Posted: Feb 12 2016, 09:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Feb 4 2016, 10:14 AM

You would think this has bottomed now although in this climate nothing is certain.
I bought just a few at a little higher than today's price.

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Feb 4 2016, 10:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Jan 20 2016, 09:32 AM

Maybe these would be worth a buy & hold now. Div 5 cents coming.

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

alonso
post Posted: Jan 20 2016, 09:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 9 2015, 10:54 AM

Well I don't get too much right, but selling SKE instead of accepting & holding PRG looks like it was one of them.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Nov 9 2015, 10:54 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Sep 28 2015, 01:08 PM

Took some profit off the table (average $2.92) as resistance @ $2.95 appears too strong to break this time.
Lifted trailing stop for the remainder to Close Below $2.82; if that level breaks, a pullback to $2.70 or $2.63 becomes more likely.

Attached Image

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Sep 28 2015, 01:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Jul 8 2015, 10:54 AM

copied from SKE thread:
We still receive 0.55 PRG for every SKE share held. At current trading, that gives us still a conversion advantage in the order of between 4 and 15c, depending on whether you bring the franking credits to bear or not.
I sold PRG and bought SKE last week for almost 30c arbitrage advantage per PRG share to be allotted.

Take SKE at $1.73, PRG at $2.73
The calculation goes:
SKE dividend $0.25, leaves net $1.48; divide by 0.55 is $2.69 per PRG share or 4c profit
Include 10.7c Franking Credit, and the equation becomes $1.373 divided by 0.55 is $2.496 per PRG share, a 23c profit.

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Jul 8 2015, 10:54 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 25 2015, 11:13 AM

Decisions Decisions! As I see it, there is still a margin of advantage in buying SKE but the margin of advantage is narrowing.
Next point is the chart for PRG is not looking too bright, so a hold on it is not so attractive.
Maybe overall it's best to take a small profit on SKE but I'm still thinking there could be a longer term benefit.

--------------------

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING