Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

503 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > »    

Reply to this topic

CRICKET
henrietta
post Posted: Sep 7 2019, 02:12 PM
  Quote Post

Malinga makes a mess of NZ in a 20/20 game .......... 4 in 4 balls. Life in the old boy still.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/19386/c...-sri-lanka-2019

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

balance
post Posted: Sep 6 2019, 01:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 6 2019, 12:24 PM

And the spinner gets him "out" with a no ball just after he's scored his century. laugh.gif Thanks for the double!

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 6 2019, 12:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Sep 6 2019, 09:47 AM

Been away in the ouback with no phone reception. Imagine my surprise when we finallyget back in phone reception. What a player that boy Smith is.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

early birds
post Posted: Sep 6 2019, 09:47 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/companies/sport/smith-s...20190906-p52oia

Smith's pressure-laden knock, which dragged his team from 2-28 to 8-438, was the third double-ton of his Test career.
===============================

when aussie need him, he usually steps up--------one of the best player i've seen. skill, mental ..... you name it!!

hope this team can bring the urn back to Australia this time. tongue.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

henrietta
post Posted: Sep 6 2019, 07:55 AM
  Quote Post

That man Smith will be giving Root nightmares for a long time. What a great innings, and really helped by the lower order. Bowlers did well ( batting ), and it was great to get the new opening hope out cheaply.

A quick couple of wickets, preferably to Stark, and we'll be on the way.

Great stuff Aussies, and a memorable innings from Smith ........ again !!

Cheers
J

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 5 2019, 01:13 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Sep 4 2019, 10:42 PM

Lambshanks plays lucky but he seems a confident young bloke and is again taking the contest to the poms. ... And it must be about time that the SOS goes out once again for Joe Burns to replace Warner (

- too right

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Featured Stock Stories

triage
post Posted: Sep 4 2019, 10:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Sep 3 2019, 11:37 AM

Lambshanks plays lucky but he seems a confident young bloke and is again taking the contest to the poms. Hopefully he keeps developing as a test player.

And it must be about time that the SOS goes out once again for Joe Burns to replace Warner (for starters he is right-handed)

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

henrietta
post Posted: Sep 3 2019, 11:37 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 3 2019, 10:51 AM

Khawaja is out and Pattinson is having a “rest”. Smith and Stark come in. Not a bad selection, and I think they should give the Poms a good run for their money.

Cheers
J

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  early birds  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 3 2019, 10:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Sep 2 2019, 06:28 PM

Ya gotta wonder how many chances some players get versus the rest.
Is Khawaja worth persisting with??
He has had so many chances, and although at times he has looked langudly good, there have been many more failures.
Marsh? For heavens sake, how many more chances does he get??
If the track looks like being flat, use Siddle. He can bowl line and length for long periods, and his batting isn't that far behind Marsh.
Gotta feel for players who get one or two tests and then discarded.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

balance
post Posted: Sep 2 2019, 06:28 PM
  Quote Post

Starc quite likely and Smith definitely in. Whether Marsh plays or not may depend on the pitch. If it is a flat track, they will probably need the extra seamer. He's not genuine test quality with bat or ball, but he's not much worse than some of the players we've been carrying.

I'm not sure Marcus Harris will get another start. I think he and Pattinson will make way for Starc and Smith and maybe Usman to opener. He's been doing that anyway with our openers barely making a mark on the new ball. Patto's average is well over 30 with Hazlewood and Cummins about 18. Siddle also well over 30. If Marsh plays I think Wade may go.

With the openers going so poorly, it puts a lot of pressure on Usman. Wade may even go given he's done nothing since his century in test 1.

Usman has been poor too and you could legit drop the rest of the batsmen except Smith, Labaushagne and Head. Take way Smith and Labaushagne and the batting is pretty bad.

But... in saying that, few players are shooting the lights out. Bowling has been on top for the vast majority of time. The swing and seam movement has been prodigious. The fast bowling averages are damn good overall for both teams.

So Starc for Patto, Smith for Harris, Marsh maybe for Wade. Ideal? no, but it is what I think may happen.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

503 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING