Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1638 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

Index Trading, xjo, dow, dax, ftse
early birds
post Posted: Nov 25 2020, 09:40 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 25 2020, 08:46 AM

good job nipper graduated.gif

not sure how long this bullishness can last??

it's like screaming hot atm..

nipper
post Posted: Nov 25 2020, 08:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 25 2020, 08:07 AM

Not my style to trade, but I had a bunch of transactions last few weeks. Sold all my gold, sold a range minnow speccies that were just bouncing along the bottom, bought value international (PMC @ 1.225) and piled into a med tech 4DX.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Nov 25 2020, 08:07 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 25 2020, 07:59 AM

really thought SPX gonna retests 3500ish or little lower before 26th/11
but as trump team start to do little transit to Biden team, that news plus Yellen will get the job, really drive the market up!

=================
The Bottom Line:
The vast majority of names that are NOT Mega Cap Tech stocks have kept the SPX near its highs. The RSP Equal Weight S&P 500 ETF has benefited even more. As noted in last night's Ten Tidbits piece, since the close of 11/06, the RSP is +7.6% vs. 2.1% for the SPX.

The consistent passing of the leadership baton has completely shifted to "the field" this month. Given the long-term RSP vs. SPX downtrend - which started in 2016, accelerated in 2019 and then became an all out crash in 2020 - it's clear how the recent relative strength still could be in the early stages. See charts below.

The bottom line is that the vast majority of ALL stocks are moving higher in unison. And that's why it continues to be important to focus on breadth. The SPX's Cumulative Adv-Dec Line has been leading for MONTHS. And if there's been one constant from October through November, it's been that.

Since 8/6, the GDX Gold Miners ETF is -25% vs. +6.7% for the SPX. It's now close to testing April's major breakout point (30).
==============

looks bullish as ever!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Nov 25 2020, 07:59 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 25 2020, 07:48 AM

How much before any pullback? Must be scaring the shorts and the catastrophists

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Nov 25 2020, 07:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 24 2020, 09:07 AM

expecting asx200 to move up to hit 6700 ---the round number today.
all market are really hot atm.. keep longs!!

early birds
post Posted: Nov 24 2020, 09:07 AM
  Quote Post

seems they start to shift money toward EU again.

"thanks giving" is a big date in USA at 26th/11. so US market is in "holiday mood"!!

for short term [this week} long EU market might be idea??

asx200 should be long as well as we don't have much "thanks giving spirit here"!!

early birds
post Posted: Nov 23 2020, 08:37 AM
  Quote Post

SPX keeps consolidating
and asx200 looks holds well as future points out another small gain today!!

as financial big mining stock heavy weighting on the asx200 index. i guess asx200 would be good relatively to other major market!!

nipper
post Posted: Nov 20 2020, 08:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 20 2020, 07:48 AM

I think the answer is in your previous post. Some of the unloved stocks (value + energy) have been sought, recently, and some of the glamorous highly priced tech and the like are losing their fans. So playing pure indexes may not work?

Rotation has taken a firm hold on the investment thinking of big global managers, according to the Bank of America/Merrill Lynch survey for November. The survey shows a net 24% of fund managers thinking that value stocks will outperform growth stocks, and a net 21% saying that small-caps will outperform large-cap stocks.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Nov 20 2020, 07:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 19 2020, 08:40 AM

The Bottom Line:
The SPX now is back near the top of its former trading range. While slightly discouraging, the prior trading range breakouts in 2020 weren't emphatic in the early stages either. Thus, simply holding near the upper edge of this range would be encouraging.

The SPX remains close to its Upper Bollinger Band, as well. While we don't need (nor expect) the index to ride the UBB for weeks at a time, if the SPX can respect the center line (the 20 Day MA) during pullbacks, the uptrend will remain in place.

While the Equity Put Call Ratio's 10 Day Moving Average remains historically depressed, it has oscillated between the low 40s and the high 50s since early June. It's now near the low part of that range, which has coincided with short term pullbacks.

The XLE Energy Sector ETF is at a key juncture now from various perspectives. In particular, both its daily and weekly 14-Day RSI indicators are at levels that have marked tops over the last few years.
=============================

it's Friday and SPX dropped more than 10 points as i'm typing .

asx200, to days it didn't going to the down side , got me little confused!! unsure.gif one thing i won't do is to chasing this market higher. on the fence for me today, hope you guys can give some view on the market!! tongue.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

early birds
post Posted: Nov 19 2020, 08:40 AM
  Quote Post

Germany - Like so many other European indices, the DAX is trying to form a bullish pattern after the huge snap back the last few weeks. It's doing so right under the same resistance zone that it was unable to puncture multiple times earlier this year. So far, so good...

======================

those major market will follow SPX to have some size pull back , but still really bullish--just consolidate

asx200, still think that 6475 today. as future will start at 6500 at opening bell i guess!!

1638 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING