Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TWE, TREASURY WINE ESTATES LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Oct 12 2020, 12:38 PM
  Quote Post

a mate has been in SA, now travel is possible. .... a well informed buyer, he said sales at the cellar door of Penfolds premium and masstige reds by the dozen are significantly cheaper than Dans or 1ere Choix.

Covid and pushy Chinese; which is more to blame>

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Stockpal
post Posted: May 11 2020, 05:57 PM
  Quote Post

TWE was mentioned here today. https://stockpal.asia/2020/05/monday-movers...s-today-11-may/

nipper
post Posted: Apr 9 2020, 10:54 AM
  Quote Post

More guffaw
Citi has labelled Treasury Wine Estates' plans to demerge its Penfolds business into a separate ASX-listed company a "distraction", valuing the company at almost half of what other broker had valued it at.

The broker held its 'neutral' rating on the stock but reduced its price target on the stock from $12.30 to $11.05 after valuing each of the two businesses. Citi said the "New Treasury" which would worth $2.9 billion while the demerged Penfolds business would be worth $6.5 billion.

On March 5, Bank of America had valued Penfolds at between $10 billion to $13 billion as a separate entity.

"Penfolds could be appealing and trade at 25x PE but needs to prove-up French and US sourced product, in our view. New TWE is likely to be a ~14x PE stock given falling volumes," said analyst Craig Woolford. "Unfortunately, the combination of valuation for these two contrasting businesses leads to an overall value of $11.06, near the current share price."

The broker said the Penfolds business would need to prove it can successfully create a French and/or US label to extend its growth, while its operating costs may also need to rise. It said the New Treasury had a more clouded outlook however, with volumes and sales falling and low single digit EBITS growth likely.

"Loss of Penfolds is a concern for its scale economies and clout with customers," said Mr Woolford.

Sadly this smells of throwing in the towel. The good bits will disappear in a foreign takeover.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 5 2020, 07:59 PM
  Quote Post

Same old twaddle
Treasury Wine Estates is worth about $20 per share should the company be broken up, with the value of the flagship Penfolds business alone substantially exceeding the current share price, says Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

Treasury Wine is part-way through a strategic review of its operations and with the share price having been flattened because of two profit downgrades and fears that the profit powerhouse of China will be severely hit by the coronavirus outbreak, the prospect of a buyout offer is rising

For a short-term one off scalp of excessive and hard to justify "fees" by the intermediaries, and a dubious lift to short term returns by the institutional holders, the future potential income flow is shifted to some OS tax avoiding transfer pricing vultures.

Once upon a time, a prescient observer commented "For every two dollars brought in for such buyouts, the new equity will take out one dollar each year (and adjusted for inflation) for the life of the asset held"

Short-termism is a disease. The only beneficial outcome is to define outcomes along these lines "..Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." -

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jan 29 2020, 09:14 PM
  Quote Post

TWE hammered today, down 25% reporting poor US numbers. That and China looking shaky with lifestyle impacting coronavirus.

TWE is forecasting EBITS growth of 5% to 10% in FY20 compared to its previous 15% to 20% guidance range. It also revised its FY21 forecast growth to a 10% to 15% range in yesterday’s announcement

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 26 2019, 04:31 PM
  Quote Post

with Michael Clark retiring,
... the turnaround of Treasury Wine has been nothing short of miraculous and has enriched investors who stood by the company — and Clarke himself, through share options and bonuses. Under his watch, the share price has rocketed from just over $3 to almost $19 and Treasury Wine has gone from pouring wine down the drain in the US to sitting on warehouses of superb wine that is getting better — and more valuable — with age.

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Oct 25 2019, 07:26 PM
  Quote Post

A new Seppelt prosecco in a can will be prominent over the next few weeks at Melbourne's spring racing carnival, including the Melbourne Cup.
Gawdelpus

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 24 2019, 11:34 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Aug 20 2019, 12:24 PM

OPINION - Elizabeth Knight
Insider selling: When executives sell shares, they better have a good reason
There is really no successful way to spin the news that a company's senior executives or directors have sold some of their shares.

The case of Kogan aside, research released last year by stockbroker Wilsons found that there was a correlation between insider sales and market underperformance.

The third example of insider selling comes from Treasury Wine Estate. Its chief executive Michael Clarke has sold stock three times over the past year - most recently in the days following the 2019 earninge result.

The market virtually ignored the share sale and instead concentrated on a positive earnings result that contained stronger than expected cash flows.

When Mr Clarke sold stock earlier this year the share price took a battering - as it coincided with a hedge fund suggesting the wine company had inflated its earnings.

Ultimately there is no easy way to cushion an insider's move to sell stock.

https://www.theage.com.au/business/companie...823-p52k4z.html

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 20 2019, 12:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Aug 15 2019, 10:12 AM

CEO has a tax problem - sells another load of shares. Market a bit more forgiving than in May this year when he sold 400,000 shares
Change of Director’s Interest Notice – Michael Clarke
The attached Appendix 3Y relates to changes in the relevant interest in the Company’s
securities held by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Treasury Wine Estates Limited, Michael
Clarke.

Mr Clarke has acquired 452,205 ordinary shares in the Company following the vesting of
performance rights under the F17 Long Term Incentive Plan, and a further 158 ordinary shares
in the Company following the allocation of matched shares in accordance with the 2017 Share
Cellar Plan.

In order to meet tax obligations relating to this F17 Long Term Incentive, Mr Clarke sold 47%
(212,537 shares) of the total number of shares vesting, pursuant to an irrevocable voluntary
advance election entered into with Board approval under which the shares were sold at the
opening of the trading window following the release of the Company’s F19 full year results.
Following these transactions Mr Clarke continues to hold a significant relevant interest in
1,583,066 Company securities, made up of 782,

Total short positions as at 13/8/19 = 4.11%
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 15 2019, 10:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Aug 8 2019, 02:06 PM

Not a good day to come out with a positive announcement.

TWE delivers 25% EBITS growth, Operating Cashflow up 36% F19 NPAT up 16% to $419.5m and EPS up 18% to 58.4 cps1

Announcement highlights
• NSR2 up 17% to $2,831.6m; NSR increase of 12% on a constant currency basis represents the strongest
organic growth rate in company history3
• F19 EBITS4 up 25% to $662.7m in line with guidance and EBITS margin accretion to 23.4%, up 1.6ppts
• NSR, NSR per case and EBITS growth delivered across all regions, led by volume growth and price
realisation in the Luxury and Masstige segments
• NPAT5 up 16% to $419.5m; EPS6 growth to 58.4 cents per share, up 18%
• Full year cash conversion 75.8%, ahead of the 60-70% guidance range, with Operating Cashflow7 up
36%. Lease adjusted net debt to EBITDAS 1.7x8
, an improvement of 0.2x in F19
• Globally, shipments are broadly in line with depletions and forward days inventory cover are in line with
the prior year9
• In Asia, increased allocation of Luxury and Masstige wine and outstanding execution through TWE’s
competitively advantaged business model delivered another year of stellar growth
• US route-to-market changes have been successfully embedded, with TWE now focused on leveraging
the new operating model to drive improved performance and margin accretion in F20 and beyond
• TWE has today confirmed the acquisition of French production and vineyard assets in the Bordeaux region
of France and announced the significant future expansion of Luxury winemaking infrastructure in South
Australia, both representing key investments that will support continuation of TWE’s premiumisation
strategy
• TWE reiterates F20 guidance of reported EBITS growth of approximately 15% to 20%10, with F20 full year
underlying cash conversion expected to be broadly in line with F19

--------------------

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING