Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

855 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Gold, Discussion
mullokintyre
post Posted: Today, 07:46 PM
  Quote Post

Gold and silver both crunched today,
might be time for a breather and a little consolidation.
be interesting to see what happens after the Northern Hemisphere opens up 2 nite.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 5 2020, 10:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 31 2020, 11:52 AM

Gold and silver both running ahead.
Making me nervous.
Will put some sells in tomorrow and take a bit of profit off the table.
Mick

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 31 2020, 11:52 AM
  Quote Post

Gold and silver starting a bit of a recovery rally.
Is it too early to see another upside??
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 29 2020, 03:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 29 2020, 02:44 PM

of course, there's a story behind the development

Two of the world's largest banks, HSBC and JPMorgan, have stopped buying gold from the Perth Mint, citing potential damage to their reputation and concerns the government-owned refiner could lose its London accreditation. The black ban follows revelations in The Australian Financial Review that the mint was buying up to $200 million of gold a year from a convicted killer in Papua New Guinea and that child labour and toxic mercury were present in its supply chain....
https://www.afr.com/companies/finan...st-ba...20200724-p55f3v

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 29 2020, 03:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 29 2020, 02:44 PM

ddoouubbllee ppoosstt

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 29 2020, 02:44 PM
  Quote Post

Formation of trueGold Consortium

Mine-to-marketplace gold supply chain assurance solution
ASX listed Security Matters Ltd (SMX) has entered into agreements with a wholly owned entity of Perth Mint to form the trueGold Consortium.
trueGold will utilise SMX’s unique molecular marking technology and blockchain platform to launch what it believes to be, the world’s first fully transparent mine-to-marketplace ESG focussed gold supply chain assurance solution.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  

Featured Stock Stories

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 28 2020, 01:22 PM
  Quote Post

Profit taking time.
After gold pushed within 20 bucks of the magical 2000, its suddenly dropped 40 bucks.
Silver after climbing to 26.47 high, is smashed back to 24.59.
The big question is, wi;ll it follow suit in the US market overnight??
Nothing in terms of funnymentals have changed, just the sentiment.Reckon they will both head down overnight.
Mick

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 27 2020, 11:52 AM
  Quote Post

gold futures trading at US$1943
I saw an estimate the other day, and I’ve spent hours looking for the source and can’t find it now, that total global financial assets are approximately $350 trillion. Tradeable gold and silver assets are approximately $2.9 trillion, or 0.8% of investable financial assets.
(If any of you can check these numbers for me I will be eternally grateful and you will receive much gratitude in return and maybe even dinner...)

What does this mean? It means that the vast majority of institutions have a tiny, tiny allocation to gold.

We all know the expression follow the money.

Who are the world’s most powerful and influential insiders?

You’re absolutely right, the central banks, and particularly now that they run the world. In fact central banks are the ultimate insiders, the mother of all insiders!

Central banks are increasing their exposure to gold as a way of reducing their exposure to negative yielding bonds and to hedge against a possible decline in the US$.

Furthermore, sovereign wealth funds see gold as an inflation hedge with a low correlation to other financial assets.

Let’s be clear the speculators are massively long gold and silver and it is severely overbought... no doubt about that.

However, can you remember a macro-economic and geopolitical environment as favourable, for gold, as the one we have today ?
Jonathan Pain

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 17 2020, 09:44 PM
  Quote Post

David brady, writing in Sprott Money has a very different take on gold.
He is very bearish on all markets.

Market fundamentals continue to pile up on the negative side. ECB sits on its hands—i.e., does nothing new—and the Fed slashes liquidity, all while commercial real estate loan losses mount, retail mortgage delinquencies soar at a record pace, and the $600/week for numerous Americans ends in two weeks. Throw in an escalating trade and geopolitical war between the U.S. and China and it’s not rocket science to see where this is heading.

However, this does not mean that the converse of being bullish on gold and other PM's.

My expectation is that when stocks fall, precious metals and miners will too, much like they did in March. Falling bond yields are unlikely to stem their decline because inflation expectations will probably drop even faster, causing real yields to rise. That said, I must emphasize again that this will be the last and best opportunity to buy Gold, Silver, and the miners given the helicopter drop and Fed printing to follow soon after, imho. Said differently, when stocks soar ahead of the November election, so do precious metals and miners—and then some.

Switching to Gold, specifically, as the biggest market in the precious metals space… I don’t rule out a test of the 2011 record high before we head down, but as I’ve said, I sincerely doubt we break it on the first attempt, and even if we do, it is likely to be a false breakout.

Multiple negative divergences across all timeframes continue to pile up, and it’s not a question of “if” but “when” they finally weigh on Gold, just as they did in March.

This seems a reasonable proposition, particularly as he says the precedent was set back in March.
It is food for thought, I may end up returning to mostly cash over the short term.

Mick

--------------------

Nopoo
post Posted: Jul 16 2020, 03:32 PM
  Quote Post

Gold Junior Updates on $9M Forward Gold Purchase Contract

https://www.guyanagoldstrike.com/news/2020-news-release/280-

--------------------
Nopoo

855 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING