Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

APA, APA GROUP
moosey
post Posted: Dec 21 2012, 02:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: promnian's post @ Dec 21 2012, 01:48 PM

The drop should be good for the dividend reinvestment brigade?

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

promnian
post Posted: Dec 21 2012, 01:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Dec 21 2012, 01:34 PM

yes div 17c 21/12/2012 and pay day is the 13/3/2013

Said 'Thanks' for this post: moosey  

moosey
post Posted: Dec 21 2012, 01:34 PM
  Quote Post

What gives with APA today, do they go ex divvy or something? decent drop for no news!

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

wren
post Posted: Aug 9 2012, 04:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: rsboyd's post @ Aug 9 2012, 11:09 AM

Hi rsboyd,
Many Bonds,notes etc require an investment of $50k--not sure how that sits with you.
At present these are value.........
AXA Fixed yield – 11.73% (price $86.25) – running yield (income) 8.70%pa
AXA Floating yield – 13.43% (price $73.50) – running yield (income) 6.73%pa

If interested call FIIG .Paul Gray is a dealer there who knows his stuff. Have no connection with FIIG but hold AXA and Swiss re Bonds.

You may also have a look at AYF.This is a listed Fund which invests in high quality Hybrids.Straight shooters who will provide you with meaningful research.Pays 8% with some additional Fr. Credits.
Best of luck.

rsboyd
post Posted: Aug 9 2012, 11:09 AM
  Quote Post

APA Group is a defensive infrastructure stock which around its current share price and recent distributions provides a 7% unfranked yield. They are now offering a long term notes issue which will give an estimated ~8.2% unfranked interest.
Would anyone like to comment on the suitability of accepting this notes offer or are shares better liquidity. Also are there any better offers around.

moosey
post Posted: May 4 2012, 11:01 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ May 2 2012, 12:54 PM

It seems APA weren't the only ones sold off!

MISC axes 1,400 jobs

Malaysian International Shipping Corporation (MISC)
is laying off some 1,400 employees worldwide this year following its exit from the container shipping business, Seatrade Asia online reports. The second phase of retrenchment will be carried out on 30 June after a first phase was executed on 31 March, according to local media reports. The company said it has extended a reasonable severance package to affected staff and provided support to assist the affected employees in managing the change in their careers.

MISC, the shipping arm of state oil firm Petronas, announced its exit from the liner business last November due to the larger-than-expected investment necessary to stay relevant in the industry. "Our focus in recent years has been on providing maritime and transportation solutions for the energy sector, and hence, the bulk of our resources are dedicated towards growing our energy-based business segments," said Fiona Clare Pereira, group corporate affairs general manager at MISC. "Notwithstanding the present depressed freight environment, we see growth prospects for both the petroleum/chemical tanker and LNG tanker markets over the longer term," she said. Source : PortNews

Number 124 *** COLLECTION OF MARITIME PRESS CLIPPINGS *** Thursday 03-05-2012

News reports received from readers and Internet News articles copied from various news sites

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

wolverine
post Posted: May 2 2012, 11:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wagalucci's post @ May 2 2012, 09:44 PM

The Petronas stock was placed by Smith Barney at or around the lower range of the price range I was given last night. Considering it has gone to a number of institutional and professional and private clients I am not that surprised it all got done.

This placement has been mooted for a week or more but the chinese walls were in place so my guy knew something defensive was going to be placed but didn't know what stock.

I believe Petronas took advantage of the 50bp cut to get it away. My opinion only. I have no proof just pulling it out of my arse.

Pretty obviously the reason it dropped is the stock was done at a slight discount to market.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

wagalucci
post Posted: May 2 2012, 09:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ May 2 2012, 01:00 PM

But why that stock and not the others around the place. My other "dogs" weren't even touched. (maybe thats why they are dogs)

My question is that WHO has been buying these stocks. At close its 133mil shares traded ( = 133mil x $3.85 = $512+mil .... thats a lot of money.) I would think that if there was so much interest in this stock and like you say the 50BP drop is the cause they must know somethning. But why at the same time did it drop 6% of its closing price of yesterday.

Again someone must know something.

wolverine
post Posted: May 2 2012, 04:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: andy1kinobi's post @ May 2 2012, 04:23 PM

50bp drop is a positive for owning APA due to the yield and defensive characteristics relative to cash.

I was referring to the ease in placing the stock when cash is less attractive by 50bp.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

Said 'Thanks' for this post: andy1kinobi  

andy1kinobi
post Posted: May 2 2012, 04:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ May 2 2012, 01:00 PM

Why would the 50bps move affect it? My first thoughts are that the value of the yield would increase relative to bank interest. My reasoning for the drop would be that some big supporting money is looking elsewhere to invest after a good run. Market interprets this negatively, but the yield got bigger. Did other infrastruture stocks came off a bit too possibly as a result?

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING