Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

944 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Oct 12 2019, 06:55 AM
  Quote Post

Apparently the success or failure of the US - China trade deal all depends on how Nero feels on the day.
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 6h6 hours ago One of the great things about the China Deal is the fact that, for various reasons, we do not have to go through the very long and politically complex Congressional Approval Process. When the deal is fully negotiated, I sign it myself on behalf of our Country. Fast and Clean!

But he must be in a good mood at the moment. Subject to change though and I suspect also on whether the USMCA gets through the Senate. But the real catch is to see it happen in the market place. Perhaps next week is the week. Long weekend in the US this weekend. Perhaps we have to wait until the eve of Thanksgiving. Or, perhaps it will all be revealed in the missing AGM notice.

Make me a Motza Archa.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/stocks-ti...al-phase-1-deal
Trump Says "Phase One" Of China Trade Deal Reached, Tariff Hike Delayed, Enforcement Plan 'Still Being Worked Out'

Stocks cemented their best weekly performance in months on Friday after President Trump and Chinese Vice Premier Liu He - in a replay of their joint press conference from April (where the two men announced that the two sides were 'close' to a deal, which would assuredly be reached within a brief time frame) - revealed that Washington and Beijing had agreed to what Trump described as a "substantial, 'Phase One' deal.
During the ensuing press conference, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin revealed that Washington would delay tariff hikes that were scheduled for next week (However, Trade Rep Robert Lighthizer said Trump hasn't made up his mind about the hike set for Dec. 15).

According to Trump & Co., the deal includes agreements on IP, financial services companies' access to the Chinese market, and purchases of American agricultural products by Chinese firms.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Oct 11 2019, 06:14 PM
  Quote Post

Things are looking good but we know the Americans love their theatre so its a question of will they or won't they? Because its almost a given that when it gets to the top of the pecking order its pretty much a done deal.
Personally, I think they will go for the theatre option but we will see the outcomes of the negotiations come out in the market first before the deal is announced.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...ase-tariff-pain

President Donald Trump said the first day of high-level trade negotiations between the U.S. and China on Thursday went “very well” and that he plans to meet with the top Chinese negotiator Friday.------------------------------------------------------------------“Unlike much of this week’s noise, the announcement of a meeting tomorrow is significant,” Clete Willems, a partner at Akin Gump who served previously served as a trade adviser to Trump. “I’ve been in that room in the past, and the president’s direct involvement has always helped move things forward.”

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 11 2019, 04:54 PM
  Quote Post

Where the hell is the AGM notice? Maybe they have something to hide.
Make me a Motza Archa.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 11 2019, 09:40 AM
  Quote Post

Looks like ddRNAi has had some success in its endeavours. But it won't be BLT which gets the upside.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/new-vaccin...change-your-dna

The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) has launched efforts to create a vaccine that would protect people from most flu strains, all at once, with a single shot. This shot would be a DNA-based vaccine that will literally change your body’s DNA.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 11 2019, 07:58 AM
  Quote Post

Any funny looking trading in the last half hour today is the clue. Keep a watch on for it. Might not be in BLT either. PYC is my bet.

Seems BNYMC is playing the game. Same game we've seen in a few others. Especially the agricultural sector.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 11 2019, 05:00 AM
  Quote Post

He can stretch it all the way to Thanksgiving if he wants.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago Big day of negotiations with China. They want to make a deal, but do I? I meet with the Vice Premier tomorrow at The White House.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 10 2019, 05:42 PM
  Quote Post

And now, just as the end of school holidays are upon us the HC pumptards go quiet. Guess they're away with their kids. Can't think of any other reason. lol

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 10 2019, 12:18 PM
  Quote Post

It's worthwhile observing the Annual Report was issued very early this year but the AGM notice is very late. Yet in the meantime huge volumes and wild price movements have taken place. Who the seller is hasn't been made clear.

You can't tell me it's not because of what is in the AGM notice.

Make me a Motza Archa!

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 9 2019, 08:51 PM
  Quote Post

US and China meet Thursday and Friday. As my broker buddy says, nothing ever happens during school holidays. To wit, it must all be happening next week. They finish this weekend. Seven weeks until Thanksgiving. Next week is still a bit early for it.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/stocks-ra...tial-trade-deal

CHINA WILL BE OPEN TO PARTIAL U.S. TRADE DEAL DESPITE TECH BLACKLIST

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Oct 8 2019, 05:42 PM
  Quote Post

Why are they holding out on the AGM notice?

--------------------

944 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING