Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

259 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TLS, TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED
early birds
post Posted: Yesterday, 03:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Yesterday, 02:28 PM

Telstra is still a yield play
Tony Boyd

Telstra looks like holding on to its position as a reliable dividend yield play despite a decidedly negative market response to its 2020 profit numbers.

Chief executive Andy Penn was not rewarded for issuing relatively positive 2021 profit guidance and nor was the market cheering the decision to slash the company's return on invested capital (ROIC) target from 10 per cent to "greater than 7 per cent".

But the dividend hunters who rely on public companies to fund their living expenses will be less concerned about the 6 per cent slump in the Telstra share price on Thursday.

Telstra's Andy Penn is one of the few CEOs giving profit guidance. David Rowe

Dividend hunters have had a horrible year, especially those who invested in managed funds which promised "reliable income" from backing higher-yielding companies with attractive levels of franking credits.

Most of these funds suffered capital losses and dividend cuts because they were loaded up on bank stocks, utilities and infrastructure companies. Some of the funds suffered negative returns in excess of 20 per cent in the year to June.

early birds
post Posted: Yesterday, 02:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kahuna1's post @ Yesterday, 11:54 AM

if it's 12 ff cps next year, it still a good yield at 3.15ish with current interest rate will stay low for long time [over 2 years]

it is still a buy for me for investment . what else can we see value ??

dyor as always !!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kahuna1  

kahuna1
post Posted: Yesterday, 11:54 AM
  Quote Post

Howdy,
TLS results spell to me ... a cut dividend in 2021 and beyond around the 12 cent mark.
The 2021 ... forward call they said was not good. In fact very poor. This is outside COVID19 factors and NBN stuff is rolling off.

Suspect its value somewhere, but a long way away from here.

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Yesterday, 10:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Yeah, I agree Eb, bought a few this morning .
Down over 20% since its recent high.
Can't see TLS going broke any time soon.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

early birds
post Posted: Yesterday, 10:23 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/companies/telecommunica...20200813-p55l7x

Telstra has reported a full year profit of $1.839 billion, down 14.4 per cent on the previous year but within the telco's guidance range.

Shareholders will receive a final fully franked dividend of 8˘ per share, bringing the total dividend payout for the year to 16˘ per share, fully franked.

Revenue for the year was down 6.1 per cent to $23.71 billion, while total income was down 5.9 per cent $26.16 billion. However, earning before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) was up 11.5 per cent to $8.91 billion. Free cash flow was up 31.5 per cent to $4.03 billion.

But the boost to earnings was largely thanks to an accounting change in the way rent expenses are reported. After taking that change into account, on a like-for-like basis EBITDA was down 0.3 per cent to $8.4 billion.

===========================

i really thought a lot of peoples working from home that helped telco sector as whole, how TLS been hit by virus is something that i didn't expect!! weirdsmiley.gif

bought few more now, just think about yield!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rlane  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 9 2020, 11:11 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 9 2020, 10:58 AM

Sounds grim. And a cold front on the way?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Aug 9 2020, 11:11 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 9 2020, 10:58 AM

Sounds grim. And a cold front on the way?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 9 2020, 10:58 AM
  Quote Post

How could things possible get any worse??Here I am stuck at home in stage 3 COVID lockdown, and even if I wasn't in lockdown, ts the winter, so its cold, we and miserable outside.
So what happens?
No 1. The gas central heating control unit has a spanner symbol on it, it needs maintenance. Fixeruppers can't get a bloke here till next Tuesday. Its down to 10 degrees inside the house.
No2. our NBN phone/internet connection has died. After spending a frustrating 45 minutes waiting for Telstra to get back to me, then spending another twenty doing all the troubleshooting tests (that I had already done), they say that they MIGHT get a fixerupper bloke out here on Thursday.
Hot spotting to a mobile phone just doesn't cut it when you have multiple devices.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Aug 8 2020, 11:46 AM
  Quote Post

looks a stable operation
... a data centre with a thirty year lease. That's telling us something; pretty hard to see anything usurp digital the way it disrupted the old ways.
Telstra has its challenges, with the NBN being successful in itself but a financial trainwreck. Then mobile comes along. But TLS has nearly 70% of the retail market and the best network.

Talking about the network, one analyst said:
Infrastructure is probably the most attractive on the assumption that it can be successfully separated from the retail assets. Telecommunications infrastructure provides a long-term steady cash flow, which is highly valued by the market. Unfortunately, in Australia, there are no pure play communication tower investments. Telstra's communications infrastructure are part of the overall business and have not yet been demerged as a separate business; similarly with TPGs cable infrastructure.
That may be about to change after a restructure announced last year, which resulted in Telstra splitting its infrastructure assets into a separate business segment called InfraCo. InfraCo consists of exchanges, ducts, data centres, subsea cables, fibre and 8000 towers that host networking equipment.

Towers and other parts of InfraCo generate revenue from servicing Telstra alone. If this division was separated from Telstra, these assets could increase revenue by servicing other telcos.

A tower that now services only Telstra could service all three mobile networks. Competitors would have to supply their own networking gear, but the infrastructure owner could earn three times as much revenue.

Mobile network towers are a natural monopoly and it makes little sense to duplicate a network once it has been constructed. There is no duplication of water pipes or electricity wires and the same can apply to mobile towers. This is an important opportunity for investors to grasp.

The dealmakers and short term opportunists will be all over this. TLS will succumb to the siren call, especially as your point (looks like a stable operation) can be engineered into long life assets that can be sold with a higher yield than offered in other parts of the money markets.

Might be worth holding some TLS to get some scraps that fall from the table.

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Aug 5 2020, 08:41 AM
  Quote Post

Telstra enters agreement to sell Clayton data centre
Wednesday 5 August – Telstra today announced it had entered an agreement to sell its data centre
complex in Clayton, Victoria, to Centuria Industrial REIT for $416.7 million.
The sale includes a triple-net lease-back arrangement which means Telstra will retain ownership of all IT
and telecommunications equipment, as well as ongoing operations and responsibility for building
upgrades and repairs, future capex requirements and security. The sale has no impact for Telstra
customers.
The lease is for an initial period of 30 years with two 10-year options for Telstra to extend the lease.
Telstra CEO Andrew Penn said the sale was another marker of progress on the company’s T22 strategy.
“As part of T22, we have an ambition to monetise up to $2 billion worth of assets to strengthen our
balance sheet. This deal means we have now reached over $1.5 billion,” Mr Penn said.
“Data centres are an incredibly important part of the digital ecosystem and we continue to own and
operate world-leading facilities in Australia and overseas."
The 3.2 hectare complex is just 25km from the Melbourne CBD, and incorporates 10 buildings, including
Telstra's newest 6.1MW data centre and its adjacent 6.6MW data centre and associated energy centre.
The transaction is expected to be completed by the end of August. The transaction will generate $416.7
million in proceeds. Due to the long tenure of the lease-back, the transaction will not be treated as a sale
under accounting standards, therefore no accounting gain will arise.

===========================

looks stable operation .....

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

259 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING