Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

28 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SYD, SYDNEY AIRPORT
alonso
post Posted: Jul 28 2020, 03:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 27 2020, 01:41 PM

Personal & holiday travel will probably try to get back to normal as soon as the covid situation normalises here, subject to the limits that foreign countries remain under for who knows how long.
But business travel is the one I see as the big holdback. Companies that have and do become used to Zoom etc meetings and conferences could very well see travel costs as an easy target for cost cutting.
I don't know what proportion of air travel is taken up by business, but it must be a big chunk.
Another issue is that the climate lobby, having seen how business can operate remotely, might see it as an issue to campaign on.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

nipper
post Posted: Jul 27 2020, 01:41 PM
  Quote Post

Citigroup has a SELL rating on Sydney Airport, concurring that international travel is unlikely to resume anytime soon and warning investors that the high debt levels and falling revenues will put pressure on cash flow covenants. SYD had net debt of $8.6 billion at the end of 2019 with debt running at 6.6 times earnings

Sydney Airport chairman Trevor Gerber said in May that the company had enough liquidity to manage its operations until the end of 2021.

But analysts at RBC Capital Markets say the airport could come close to breaching default levels when its debt covenants are tested in December, and that banks could push it into an equity raising if it seeks covenant waivers

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 21 2020, 09:59 PM
  Quote Post

Analysts at Macquarie have warned that Sydney Airport's earnings may be hurt by Virgin's collapse into administration, but said a restructuring of the collapsed airline may allow domestic flight slots – which airlines book for landings and take-offs – to be opened up for international flights, which make more money for airports.

Aeronautical services accounted for nearly half of the airport's 2019 group revenues, contributing $739.3 million.

A Virgin restructure could also allow Sydney Airport to reorganise its terminals, Macquarie analysts said.

"Virgin’s potential restructure may allow for a reconsideration of T2 [the current Virgin hub] and its use with scope for Virgin moving to T1 [the international terminal] and Qantas using T2/T3 along with a down-sized T4 [a proposed new terminal] as the additional capacity is reduced."

Analysts do not expect most domestic flights in Australia to resume until October, and are forecasting international flights will not restart until January 2021.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

jacsar
post Posted: Apr 20 2020, 08:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 20 2020, 04:14 PM

this says a lot.... https://wolfstreet.com/2020/04/19/munger-no...ocks-companies/

nipper
post Posted: Apr 20 2020, 04:14 PM
  Quote Post

And then there's Covid-19

Australia’s biggest gateway, Sydney Airport, will borrow $850m and scrap its half-year dividend after recording a 97 per cent fall in passenger numbers this month, and warning of more of the same to come.

But in a surprising move, the airport has given its employees a “six month job guarantee” promising to preserve all jobs on full pay until October 1.

Domestic passengers plunged 97.4 per cent and international travellers were down 96.1 per cent in the first 16 days of April compared to the same period last year.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 24 2019, 12:07 PM
  Quote Post

We saw strong [incoming passenger] growth in 2018 from emerging markets. Vietnam grew by 18%, India grew by close to 14%, and the Philippines grew by over 8%. These are all big markets with large populations and are easily reachable from Sydney in a single flight".

"It is likely that 2019 will see more subdued growth in passengers across the board - we have seen that in the first 4 months of this year - but to a certain extent this was to be expected when we have just come off a number of years of extraordinary growth."
Geoff Culbert, CEO, Sydney Airports

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Jan 14 2019, 12:13 PM
  Quote Post

Xx

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jan 14 2019, 12:12 PM
  Quote Post

Went to the mall for a bit of shopping... took a wrong exit and nearly got run over by a 'plane !!

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 2 2017, 11:57 AM
  Quote Post

Ahead of a May 8 deadline, Sydney Airport informed the government today it will not take up an opportunity to build a second airport. It said the project was not in the best interests of shareholders after receiving the terms for developing and operating a planned airport in western Sydney in December.

"The development of a new airport is an exciting opportunity for western Sydney," managing director Kerrie Mather said. "(However), Sydney Airport's decision not to accept the WSA notice of intention on the terms provided is in the best interests of our investors who represent millions of Australians through their superannuation funds. "Despite the opportunities that WSA will present, the risks associated with the development and operation of WSA are considerable and endure for many decades without commensurate returns for our investors."

The federal government has confirmed it will build, own and operate the second Sydney airport at Badgerys Creek after Sydney Airport rejected the project

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Dec 21 2016, 08:47 AM
  Quote Post

Sydney Airport Holdings Ltd (SYD) will have four months to consider and respond to the Western Sydney Airport Notice of Intention, which sets out the terms for SYD to develop and operate the Western Sydney Airport.

SYD has the right of first refusal to develop and operate Sydney's second airport. SYD were disappointed the NOI did not feature any Commonwealth funding, and therefore believe the investment proposition to be challenging.

- that's the public posturing, at least.

--------------------

28 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING