Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

Reply to this topic

MYL, MYANMAR METALS LIMITED
mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 28 2020, 11:24 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks to member Neil03 who put me onto this share.
Its been a meteoric rise over the past few days, up 50%.
penny shares always carry some inherent risks, but this one carries a few extra.
Firstly, its main asset is a 50% joint venture in Myanmar.
The govt owns the other half.
The tenements are quite attractive, Myanmar was one of the highest volume producers of Lead and Silver in the early1900's.
Not exactly a sovereign stable state, but it seems to be improving( or maybe just not getting any worse?).
The fact that the govt owns half means that approvals , licenses etc will be no problem/
And pesky items like environmental effects of mining lead won't bother the govt.
There is also the attraction of Cheap labour.
In previous posts, it was mentioned that mark Creasy was the largest shareholder in the com.
This is a plus , as he is very knowledgeably and his Yandall investments vehicle has an excellent track record.
Against this, Yandal's 11% holding has been pushed back into second place behind Perilya Limited. which owns a sizeable 18%
Perilya Limited is the carcass of the Perilya mines, which was privatised by the Chinese majority owners and delisted from the ASX back in 2012.
It still operates mines in Broken Hill.
Their website looks like it is still an OZ company, but all the notices stopped in Dec 2013.
It is owned by a number of Chinese companies.
These Chinese connections will most certainly be useful in smoothing the way with the Myanmar Govt.
So, I am wondering what are the risk rewards with MYL?
If the share price fell back below 0.06 cents mark, I might take a small slice, but I think all the potential good news is factored in.
Given their cash position of 15mill, and with about 3.2 mill in expenses per quarter, they can keep going for at leat another year.
I suspect that then Perilya will inject some for funds and increase their stake in the Co.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 24 2018, 08:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 1 2017, 02:29 PM

Updated chart & presentation released today - https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180724/pdf/...qn7867b5c1m.pdf
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 1 2017, 02:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 1 2017, 02:14 PM

Yes - that's the downside. Some of the worlds best resource projects are found in some of the riskiest parts of the world. I was surprised to see Creasy there.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Nov 1 2017, 02:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 1 2017, 02:01 PM

The Namtu Bawdwin Mines, in northern Shan State, Burma, were the world's largest source of lead, and one of the world's largest sources of silver before the Second World War.

- tough 'country risk' sell

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 1 2017, 02:01 PM
  Quote Post

Wasn't aware of this stock before but saw Mark Creasy recently became its biggest shareholder. Stock has already had a decent run - currently 8.9c. Could be one to watch, after DYOR

REPORT FOR THE QUARTER ENDED 30 SEPTEMBER 2017
• The name of the Company was changed to Myanmar Metals Limited (ASX:MYL), the
constitution was revised and modernised, the registered office was relocated from Melbourne
to Perth and a new website was launched in September 2017
• MYL aims to become a significant regional metals producer with a substantial asset base in
Myanmar focusing on zinc, lead, silver and copper
• John Lamb appointed as CEO and Executive Chairman October 2017
• Share Placement completed in August 2017 raising $3m at $0.04 per MYL share to fund due
diligence activities on the world-class Bawdwin Pb/Zn/Ag/Cu mine
• Drilling results announced in September 2017, which validated historical records and tested
“halo” zones adjacent to existing open pit and underground working
• Maiden JORC 2012 compliant Mineral Resource estimate announced in October 2017: 41.4
million tonnes grading 7.5% Pb, 3.5% Zn, 0.33% Cu, 178g/t Ag in the Inferred classification and
ranking amongst the world’s best undeveloped base-metal deposits
• CSA Global Scoping Study to assess an open-pit mine development at Bawdwin and to provide
a basis for Myanmar Government permitting is underway and expected mid-November
• Shareholding structure beginning to mature with Mark Creasy’s Yandal Investments now the
largest shareholder after conversion of its two outstanding loans into MYL ordinary shares

Attached Image

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING