Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

BUD, BUDDY PLATFORM LTD
nipper
post Posted: Jul 30 2020, 06:45 PM
  Quote Post

ASX MARKET RELEASE 20 May 2020
LIFX Receives A$700k in EU/UK Orders for LIFX White Smart Lights; European TV Campaign Launches
SUMMARY
● LIFX has received purchase orders to support the initial stocking requirements for LIFX White in Europe totalling nearly A$700k
● This is the single largest order for the European market that the Company has ever received, and further supports the growth goals management has for Europe in 2020
● This order will provide initial stock for the U.K., Italy, France, Germany and Spain, is expected to be replenished with subsequent orders in due course, and is incremental to orders regularly received for the Companys remaining range of lights by European retailers
● LIFX lights to be featured in first ever European television ad campaign by Google and Tink.de starting this week.

ASX MARKET RELEASE 28 July 2020
LIFX Launches New Smart Light with U.S. Retail Partners Amazon;
SUMMARY
● LIFX will launch sales of its new low cost white smart light, the LIFX White, at Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) and Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) in the US on Monday
● LIFX White is a new low cost product, and forms a significant strategic component of the Companys Big Eight Goals for 2020
● LIFX White is launching exclusively as a stand alone light with retail partner Amazon and LIFX.com, while it is launching exclusively in a two pack configuration with retail partner Best Buy
● The launch of this new product reinforces the Company relationships with these large retailers which sought a smart light product that could be sold in large scale quantities but that was priced for affordability and whole of home deployments.

ASX MARKET RELEASE 298 July 2020
LIFX Displaces Osram in German DIY Stores; New POS Rollout

getting traction; SP up

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 24 2019, 03:34 PM
  Quote Post

For a company that competes head on with Dutch multinational Philips and its Philips Hue bulb, home-grown smart globe maker Lifi Labs (LIFX) has hidden its light under a bushel over its short seven-year life.

Now owned by the Adelaide based ‘cloud’ minnow Buddy Technologies – until recently Buddy Platform — now’s the time for LIFX to shine in the publicly-listed limelight.

Buddy recently completed the acquisition of LIFX by paying its vendors $US26.5m ($37m) cash, plus another $US24.5m of Buddy shares. Buddy partly funded the cash component by raising $18m in a placement, at 8c a share.

Given the LIFX products were developed in Melbourne, it’s a case of buying back the farm but sentimentality only goes so far: after a poorly received March quarter report that sent Buddy shares tumbling, subscribers to the raising are some 30 percent underwater.

Initially funded by crowd funding platform Kickstarter to the tune of $1.3m, LIFX succumbed to the siren call (and venture capital dollars) of Silicon Valley Most of the company’s development team remains in Melbourne.

Having sold two million bulbs to one million households in 100 countries, LIFX runs a close second to market leader Philips in an otherwise fragmented sector.

“In every market LIFX punches well above its weight,” says Buddy CEO David McLauchlan. "It’s a phenomenal company; it’s great to be bringing these guys back to Australia.”

LIFX certainly bulks up Buddy’s top line. In the March quarter, Buddy generated revenue of $1.134m, up 124 percent but proforma turnover would have been $8.75m with the inclusion of LIFX. In calendar 2018 LIFX generated $US38.5m of revenue and lost $US3.4m, but expects to be profitable in the current year.

Buddy’s quarterly statement pointed to calendar 2019 revenue growth of 70-100 percent – and first profits. But punters appeared less enamoured with the company’s cash burn of $3.24m and expected current-quarter burn of $15.2m.

The Trump administration’s decision to impose a 12 percent tariff on most of Buddy’s products also doesn’t help, although rivals are in the same boat.

Buddy also carries debt of $13.4 million via a line of credit, reduced by $9.12m. The remainder will be repaid this year, after which the company enters in a $20m working capital facility with the factoring house Scottish Pacific.

While Buddy has burnt shareholders in the past, there’s no doubt LIFX is surfing the growth of home voice devices such as Amazon’s Alexa and Google Assist (now in one out of every three US homes).

But for these gee-gaws to be of any use, households need the wi-fi connected globes. Helpfully, light sockets globally are pretty similar.

Designed to last 22 years but guaranteed for two years, the LED globes sell for $20 to $30 for the basic units and more than $100 for the deluxe versions, which can include infrared lighting.

“Prices have come down and functionality has gone up,” McLauchlan says.

The acquisitions bring heavy-hitting investors Sequoia Corp, Qualcomm Ventures and Blackbird Ventures to the Buddy register, joining existing Buddy investor and McLauchlan’s erstwhile employer Microsoft Corp (whom we have vaguely heard of).

Post the issue of 337m vendor shares, Buddy bears a $100m market capitalisation with 1.8 billion shares on issue. But with the combined entities losing $12m, the light bulb moment will come when the promised black ink materialises.
Tim Boreham

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 2 2018, 06:43 PM
  Quote Post

BUD gets a mention in this AFR article -
Meanwhile Buddy Platform is another small cap to have endured a trading suspension while the ASX sought more clarity on its new contract announcements.

Shares in the Adelaide-based environmental software company, which counted a venture capital firm set up by pop star Lady Gaga and her former manager among its early investors, were suspended on Friday after the bourse was dissatisified with details it provided on four contracts which the company forecast in its September 2017 quarterly update to have aggregate revenues of $52 million.

The bourse had sent Buddy Platform the 'aware query' letter on January 23, four days after publication of the Financial Review investigation of over-hyping of client win announcements by GetSwift.

Buddy Platform's main product is Buddy Ohm, a real-time energy usage monitoring system which the company labels as a "Fitbit for buildings", which tracks energy usage and claims to help companies make savings on electricity, gas and water bills.

By the December quarter update, released on January 31, management's revenue forecast for signed contracts had grown to $69.3 million, albeit only $428,000 of actual revenue was reported in the quarter (up 5 per cent from the previous quarter). Meanwhile operating cash outflows had ballooned to $3.21 million, up 25 per cent from the previous quarter's $2.56 million outflow.

Buddy Platform's share price was suspended at $0.22, down from a high of $0.40 in November 2017.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/business/getswift-flunk...p#ixzz55wFFN9Wu

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Oct 9 2017, 08:53 PM
  Quote Post

Sales of Buddy Ohm, a system of connected sensors and devices installed in commercial buildings to monitor, analyse, manage and reduce energy use, has developed considerable momentum in the six months since.

“The reason we’ve gone from 6 cents to 24 is because we’ve distributed the product through the first major channels,” said Buddy founder and chief David McLauchlan.

“In the Caribbean, it’s through the largest telco in the territory – 70% plus market share.”

McLauchlan told Business Insider that telcos find connected devices attractive because it encourages higher ongoing use of their mobile networks.

“It’s absolutely perfect for them. There isn’t a carrier in the world that isn’t interested in putting more stuff on their network that they can monetise,” he said.

“The worst way for them to monetise is sell you a SIM card for you to put your [device] on. If they can sell you the thing, and they can monetise that on a monthly basis, happy days. That’s why this has been successful.”

Read more at https://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-shar...cLHqTPJzDRYR.99

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 1 2017, 10:07 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bg99's post @ Aug 1 2017, 09:47 AM

Indeed, yes. On the threshold of being classified "Sophisticated. It was so different to the usual 'insider manoevering' usually observed.

--------------------

bg99
post Posted: Aug 1 2017, 09:47 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 31 2017, 04:08 PM

Every chance they are investors from the US (with the other base being in Seattle)...... so they definetely could not have SMSFs and I imagine trust accounts based in Aust (though I don't know anything about trust laws)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Jul 31 2017, 04:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bg99's post @ Jul 31 2017, 03:20 PM

Buddy turns the IoT data generated by smart city infrastructure into a valuable asset.
In other words, we make smart city data insightful and actionable.

Buddy advances the Quantified Economy by providing the infrastructure by which businesses and organizations can, in real time, access and analyze the data generated by connected devices.

I have never seen a Top 20 list (one of the slides) with mainly individuals (not even trusts, SMSFs, etc)

--------------------

bg99
post Posted: Jul 31 2017, 03:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bg99's post @ Jul 16 2017, 10:44 AM

some heavy price action today on recent investor presentations see http://www.marketindex.com.au/asx/bud
am free carried now on this one..... you are a good BUD Arty

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

bg99
post Posted: Jul 16 2017, 10:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bg99's post @ Jul 15 2017, 04:00 PM

There are plenty of challenges in this area though..... one will be
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-16/crow...attacks/8711312

bg99
post Posted: Jul 15 2017, 04:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 2 2017, 12:21 PM

Nice one Arty, thanks to you I got in on this under 8c and am not selling...... like the look of the ventures, directors etc....am willing to see where this goes

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING