Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

IFM, INFOMEDIA LTD
dr_dazmo
post Posted: Oct 3 2011, 03:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ May 26 2010, 10:12 AM

Looks like the buyback is the floor price of $0.175 (although I could be wrong).
They must be chasing a solid return. Based on the recent dividend history, the return would be about 13.7% Fully Franked.
The recent fall of the $AUS should help results along too.

I picked up a small number today.
Time will tell

Cheers
Dr_Dazmo

--------------------
Always remember the Golden Rule - Those with the Gold make the Rules!

arty
post Posted: May 26 2010, 10:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ May 24 2010, 08:23 PM

Nice one, wren;
You can be laughing smile.gif
And with their share buy-back underway, you should be unconcerned.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

wren
post Posted: May 24 2010, 08:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ May 24 2010, 07:36 PM

Hi arty,
Interesting' as my ( very different scans) resulted in buying a few at 24.5 a few days ago.Now for the difficult bit----------making a profit!

arty
post Posted: May 24 2010, 07:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Nick1970's post @ May 24 2010, 06:47 PM

That's true, Nick:

I scan indeed the entire market, using several different algorithms and filters.

IFM popped up on each of the 3 occasions marked on the chart below; but I do have to wait for confirmation - like crossing an obvious trendline and/or the applicable volatility envelope.

Apart from that, I have quite a network of like-minded traders behind me; if I miss a hit, someone else is likely to e-mail me about it. (Thanks Rosco smile.gif )
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Nick1970
post Posted: May 24 2010, 06:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ May 24 2010, 01:25 PM

Hi Arty

You must scan the whole market I am guessing to dig this one up...I have held for several years...yielded well but has been a poor investment to date. I am thinking the AUD coming off has pushed this higher...the only buyers of this stock of late have been the company themselves I suspect.

Cheers

Nick

--------------------
Use a stop loss every time.

arty
post Posted: May 24 2010, 01:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Monteverdi's post @ Oct 1 2007, 07:44 PM

Three very quiet years later...
The weekly chart suggests a bottom may be in, and if 26c were broken, IFM could become a "Buy".

Attached Image

Daily volume needs to pick up though...

Attached Image

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

Monteverdi
post Posted: Oct 1 2007, 07:44 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: thejadsta on Monday 01/10/07 06:49pm

I have never seen the point of subscribing to an expensive newsletter and then having to do your own research as well.

In my experience the chart will tell you most, or all, of what you need to know.

Regard,
Monteverdi.

--------------------
I could be wrong, of course.

thejadsta
post Posted: Oct 1 2007, 06:49 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: normc on Monday 09/07/07 10:32am

thanks for the advice fellas... i've restrained myself from my usual impulse buying (which has often got me into trouble) and just been watching this one from the sidelines...
I jumped in on the band wagon way to early on a few of Itel Investors recommendations without researching myself which has unfortunately backfired big time - its a shame i didn't take heed of your advice earlier!
Despite this i'm encouraged by the recent announcements of further contract extensions with IFM but the rise in the Aussie $ bothers me (you cant win them all!) This continued strength i guess will inevitably only damage the bottom line further, and unless there is a fundamental swing in the trend (or another massive fallout in the Subprime market in the USA) i cant see the aussie weakening significantly enough to improve IFM's prospects. It just looks to have lost its appeal, even with the healthy 6% dividend yield.
However I am still torn between what is fundamentally still a profitable and efficiently run business and the damaging effects of the aussie $. i am watching the sp and charts closely for any swings in the trend but i think i'm just gonna hold off on this one...
keep me posted if you see or here anything positive or have any advice! i'm all ears!
cheers

normc
post Posted: Jul 9 2007, 10:32 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: tomhar on Saturday 07/07/07 04:51pm

I agree with Tom on this one. I've held IFM for a couple of years now. Their industry has become far more competitive in recent years. They are not just competing with other similar products, but also with customers own internal systems.
To retain contracts, they have had to cut prices. They have not had a super big new customer come on board for a long time.
Despite all this, they have a good product and seem to run a good business. I continue to hold for the yield of about 6% fully franked.

As for Intelligent Investor, as you are new to the Stock Market, it is probably a good newsletter. Some good info on how the market works and how to read and analyse company reports. As for their stock picks? Well their best ones do well (as you would expect in a bull market). But they have had some bad ones as well. For a long time they were recommending MRL as a strong buy, only to see the share price collapse by about 50%.

I subscribed for a couple of years, but stopped a couple of years ago. I had followed two of their tips which cost me dearly. Bought MRL and held too long. SOld ALL way too early on their recommendation. ALL doubled in price after Intelligent Investor put a Sell recommendatioin on them. My only subscription now is to FNArena, a web based investment news service. If interested you can get a free trial of their service before subscribing. They don't do stock recommendations, but do publish summaries of reports and recommendations from a number of big broking houses.
http://www.fnarena.com/index2.cfm?type=dsp_trial

My thoughts are use Intelligent Investor tips as a prompter to do further research yourself. Don't ever buy shares on the basis of someone elses recommendation without understanding the business, opportunities and risks yourself.

tomhar
post Posted: Jul 7 2007, 04:51 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: thejadsta on Saturday 07/07/07 01:35pm

depends on your risk profile,,dont think you would be taking much risk with Intel.Invest. picks,as far as I know they are not brokers but value investors and their picks are unlikely to evaporate,like a lot of mining IPO's recently listed. CRS falling over was probably a bit hard to forsee as company disclosure may have been lacking,anyway an occasional wipeout stops us going to sleep and I hope 1 little CRS is not going to stop I.I from an occasional resource pick. IFM are probably good value @$0.66 ,they have the recent departure of the boss who I believe cashed in and this infernal high Au$ ,beating up profits,on a pos note they just renewed a 3 yr contract .If you reckon Au $ will come dowm to say 75c then they are probably a buy , dont expect too much,just a steady dividend.
good luck Tom
ps I hold IFM

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING