Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2   

Reply to this topic

BESBS, Buy Early Sell Before Spud
bam_bamm
post Posted: Dec 12 2013, 02:34 PM
  Quote Post

NEN is one i'm currently watching. Didn't want to name it until I actually acquired shares.
Have noted a lot of bot activity today.

Annaliese has covered it extremely well in the thread.

But you're right Brierley, the old fashioned BESBS play is hard to come across these days. That was my reason for starting the thread. I find it hard to keep an eye on a handful of oiler's, let alone the 100's that are listed.
Together, we all might just be able to find those elusive trades.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

flower
post Posted: Dec 12 2013, 02:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Brierley's post @ Dec 12 2013, 12:39 PM

Its hard to find good BESBS plays these days.

Spot on. The ones you really want are the major game changers for the promoter, a company with a depressed SP, but having an excellent prospect about to spud.

Companies like SEH, SUR, and probably many more are constantly drilling especially the majors like BHP, WPL, STO etc. It's the minor players with real potential to double/treble SP's either pre spud, during the drilling, pre TD (total depth), or following success.

The only one that springs to mind right now is CVN which is well covered in it's thread.

Potential here on success is 20c plus, today's SP pre spud is 5.6c.(According to respected analysts)

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

Brierley
post Posted: Dec 12 2013, 12:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bam_bamm's post @ Dec 12 2013, 11:33 AM

Its hard to find good BESBS plays these days.
Small cap oilers are out of favour and rife with SEPBS which takes the wind out of the sails for any prespud/preresult profits

SEPBS Spruik Early Placement Before Spud

But there still are a small few that have a good run. PCL ran from ~3c to ~18c in the leadup to Mbawa for example.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 12 2013, 11:45 AM
  Quote Post

John Campbell has a weekly (subscription) newsletter called Oil and Gas weekly ( oil and gas weekly )
He often identifies BESBS plays for those interested.
I have subscribed in the past,
but ceased some years ago when I figured there wasn't enough legs left in the sector to make a decent buck.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

bam_bamm
post Posted: Dec 12 2013, 11:33 AM
  Quote Post

I'm hoping this thread might gain a little traction, and be of financial benefit to those who participate.
As the Topic Title suggests, it's a thread for posters to inform other Sharescene users of predominantly Oil and Gas stocks, who will be spudding wells in the not to distant future.

I envisage that posters will leave short posts in this thread, with all further stock specific discussions to be had in the relevant stock thread.

--------------------

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING