Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

91 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CSL, CSL LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jan 16 2020, 09:09 AM
  Quote Post

well, CSL hit $300.00 soon after the opening bell this morning.
There was a quick retreat from there, almost to be expected. Mere observer sport, really, but something to write about

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jan 6 2020, 01:20 PM
  Quote Post

A research note out of Morgan Stanley suggests CSL shares could hit $290 over the next 12 months with a bull case valuation of $359. The key to the bull case valuation is the healthcare giant's Phase 3 trial drug candidate CSL 112 as a treatment for heart attack patients.

It has three potential "catalytic events" over the next 18 months according to the analysts.

Morgan Stanley is forecasting the group will deliver $US4.68 in earnings per share (EPS) over fiscal 2020 on revenue of US$9,129 million. For fiscal 2021 it expects EPS to climb to $US5.50 on revenue of $US10,231 million.

In total it's tipping growing immunoglobulin sales to help deliver a 3-year compound EPS annual growth rate of 13 per cent with fiscal 2020 "above or at the top end of guidance.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Dec 30 2019, 09:37 AM
  Quote Post

Heart-stopper: CSL's $800m heart attack trial
As far as investments go, CSL Limited's $800 million all-or-nothing bet on a treatment to stop recurrent cardiovascular events is a heart-stopper.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/heart-stopp...53iog.html?btis

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Dec 19 2019, 05:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Dec 19 2019, 01:59 PM

A misspelled one. Doesn't detract from the point I make however. The point of confusion was that both were/are federally sponsored. As are NZ's CRI's.

Imagine how the original investors must be feeling now. They must be in all the best graveyards around town.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

jacsar
post Posted: Dec 19 2019, 02:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jacsar's post @ Dec 19 2019, 02:30 PM

both formed 1916...my apologies

jacsar
post Posted: Dec 19 2019, 02:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Dec 19 2019, 09:58 AM

A simple search.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSL_Limited

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 19 2019, 01:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Dec 19 2019, 09:58 AM

you copralitic dufus.

Would have to be the insult of the year.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Dec 19 2019, 09:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Dec 19 2019, 09:02 AM

With CSL having come out of the CSIRO stable
no it didn't, you copralitic dufus.

Maybe it was Credit Suisse?

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Dec 19 2019, 09:02 AM
  Quote Post

With CSL having come out of the CSIRO stable and having unheard of success from listing, I have to wonder why the Kiwis didn't take a leaf from the same book by listing something from their Crown Research Institute suite. The universities have all set up commercialization arms but as far as I know, not the CRIs. Which is surprising since they once had an Australian serial entrepreneur as the CEO.

Something must be missing in the equation because I can't believe the money spent over the last 20-30 years has yielded nothing the market is interested in.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

nipper
post Posted: Dec 13 2019, 12:11 AM
  Quote Post

CSL does not fit the mould of the typical company in the top 200 which pays out 60 to 70 per cent of earnings in dividends. CSL's dividend yield is about 1.5 per cent and its payout ratio is less than 50 per cent.

"We are not a high divvy stock not because we don't want to pay a high dividend," CEO Paul Perreault says. "We want to reward the shareholders, but we also want to balance that against the capital demands because we're a highly capital-intensive company.

"When you look at the size of our facilities and what we have to do, these are massive biologic manufacturing facilities with a lot of stainless steel and filtrators, lyophilisers, pasteurisers and other big, heavy equipment. "We also want to make sure that the R&D investment and the expansion of the translational medicine through our commercial activities is all being invested in."

- trading at 40x forward earnings

--------------------

91 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING