Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

21 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > »    

Reply to this topic

KKL, KOLLAKORN CORPORATION LIMITED
moosey
post Posted: Mar 28 2008, 04:06 PM
  Quote Post

It would appear that the Aussie DoD likes Mikoh too.

http://www.defence.gov.au/dmo/news/ontarge...8/mar08/inn.cfm

MIKOH

Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is gaining momentum, but questions persist about physical security. In most deployments, there is no way to detect tampering. Introducing counterfeit goods is as easy as transferring the RFID tag from the original item.

Australian-based MIKOH delivers certainty for RFID through its Smart&Secure platform. The patented, tamper-evident technology allows RFID users to know with certainty if critical assets have been compromised.

“Smart&Secure is an obvious fit for the defence market. Improved visibility and assurance is needed to track weapons, classified documents and other sensitive assets across the entire chain of custody,” says Matthew Blomfield, Mikoh’s CEO.

MIKOH’s Smart&Secure products are tamper-evident seals that disable RFID functionality if tampering occurs – a functioning RFID tag indicates the asset has not been compromised. A more advanced version alerts an RFID reader that the tag has been compromised without disabling RFID functionality, enabling ongoing retrieval of data stored in the tag.

An active market for Smart&Secure is electronic vehicle registration (EVR) and electronic vehicle identification (EVI). MIKOH recently supplied Smart&Secure-enabled RFID tags to Bermuda for its nationwide EVR system.

Bermuda requires that an RFID tag be affixed to the windshield of each of its roughly 47,000 registered vehicles. Each tag stores the vehicle’s registration status, which can be monitored remotely by police officers at normal driving speeds. The EVR tags must include tamper-evident functionality to prevent unauthorized transfers from one vehicle to another.

Bermuda expects to recoup its initial investment within the first year of deployment. Over the next five years, the country anticipates an US$11 million return on its initial investment with additional benefits gained through streamlined environmental and safety inspections.

The U.S. Government Customs and Border Protection Agency also uses Smart&Secure for EVI. Smart&Secure tags are deployed within its Free and Secure Trade (F.A.S.T.) Program. The tags allow pre-screened vehicles to jump the queue during border crossings, saving time for international trade carriers.

Blomfield says “Smart&Secure tags only work for one specific vehicle. The tamper-evident platform disables RFID functionality if anyone removes the tag for any reason, flagging border authorities to take a closer look during inspection.

The success of Smart&Secure led MIKOH to create SecureContainer, a reusable container featuring a unique closure system. Disposable plastic inserts slide into the container doors to secure all contents with a single Smart&Secure RFID tag. Because the seal only makes contact with the disposable plastic inserts, no cleanup is needed before reuse, making the process fast and easy.

“SecureContainer is an ideal tool for transporting classified documents,” says Blomfield. “MIKOH is also pursuing pharmaceutical supply chain applications in government and commercial sectors, allowing distributors and manufacturers to meet global e-pedigree requirements.”

Each year, the pharmaceutical industry loses an estimated US$32 billion to product counterfeiting and theft. Worse, pharmaceutical tampering can lead to patient death as reported with recent claims of Heparin counterfeiting.

This month, MIKOH announced a deal with Pelican Products to provide retrofit kits to enable Smart&Secure and SecureContainer functionality to the company’s rugged cases. Pelican claims an estimated 10 million cases currently in use across the globe.

“MIKOH continues to explore partnerships that expand target applications and market reach for our technologies and solutions. Pelican is a trusted name with proven products. We’re delighted to incorporate them into the extended MIKOH family of partners.”

Taking SecureContainer a step further, MIKOH’s SecureEnclosure product is based on intellectual property licensed from the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA). The closure mechanism consists of reusable housings that bolt onto existing transport containers. Disposable plastic inserts slide into the housings to create a seal, which can then be secured by Smart&Secure RFID tags.

“MIKOH products are used at the highest levels of both the Australian and U.S. governments,” says Blomfield. “This solid foothold continues to grow as RFID adoption expands.”

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

gulf
post Posted: Feb 29 2008, 12:28 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Tuesday 19/02/08 07:47pm

Share issue announcement this morning - now pre open - is this news we are waiting for ??

moosey
post Posted: Feb 19 2008, 04:47 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: gulf on Tuesday 19/02/08 02:38pm

The burning question here gulf is whether they will use the lable which has tamper tracking incorporated, or the cheaper version which only has visible evidence of tampering? I am thinking it may be the former, that gives them proof immediately that a lable has been tampered with, as against one that only shows up visually, which is probably no better than an existing lable, although the cheaper lable can be read at distance? so which is it to be? either way if they are required in large numbers then either would be a shot in the arm for the SP I suppose.

BRING ON THE CONTRACTS!!!

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

gulf
post Posted: Feb 19 2008, 01:38 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Friday 18/01/08 09:19pm

Very unusual announcement from Mikoh with a price list (Retail whatever that means) Are they trying to show the gross revenue from a 60M EVR sale and would they get this price per tag for 60M. At last some action.

gulf
post Posted: Jan 21 2008, 10:12 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Friday 18/01/08 09:19pm

Announcement of order for two printers and update on Note Printing Australia.The year has started well.

moosey
post Posted: Jan 18 2008, 06:19 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: iseeitall on Friday 18/01/08 06:23pm

JWT on HC says Mikoh were talking of $5 for each tag,going by what MIK said at the last AGM. he seems thinks that perhaps they may have made a deal with 3M for perhaps $3, but that is still $240 million before costs? and that is only on a small part of the US I believe, and it is ongoing as well, not just a once off thing, what will they bring in if the system is adopted pretty well world wide? that sort of money would be astronomical (is that how you spell it?) lol.

M

--------------------

iseeitall
post Posted: Jan 18 2008, 05:23 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Friday 18/01/08 04:20pm

Thats the Million(s) dollar question isn`t it?

I wonder what sort of discount 3M get for volume?

Either way it`s a real deal with a real company whilst the world has almost ended the last few days!

Patience is required but the inexorable rise from sub 10c looks like it is not based on hot air...

moosey
post Posted: Jan 18 2008, 04:20 PM
  Quote Post

MIKOH and 3M to target GLOBAL RFID Vehicle applications (Rego)

It is expected that projects planned for commencement early in 2008 will require Mikoh to supply in excess of "60 MILLION" Smart and Secure tags in the "INITIAL" rollout, with "ONGOING" supplies thereafter.

and this is only the "START" in the US and the rest of the world,I wonder how much per tag Mikoh will make, any guesses?

Well done Mikoh.

M

--------------------

gulf
post Posted: Jan 18 2008, 09:38 AM
  Quote Post

Todays announcement confirming the MOU with 3M sounds very positive to me.Unfolding as per the AGM.
Interesting to see how the market reacts

moosey
post Posted: Nov 14 2007, 12:50 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: gulf on Wednesday 14/11/07 12:32pm

I found this on Google re Mikoh, it may have been posted before as it's a couple of months old but it just adds more weight to the uses for secure RFID tags!

MIKOH to Address RFID Tag Physical Security at LogiPharma 2007
Business Wire News ReleasesPublished: 09/05/07 07:56 AM EDT
Released By:
MIKOH Corporation

MIK

NewsvineCommentMIKOH Corporation (MIK), a leading company focused on ensuring the physical security of RFID tags, is set to address the current hole in RFID at LogiPharma 2007. MIKOH’s Andrew Strauch, vice president of product marketing and management, will present a featured session entitled “The Hole in RFID Security: Preventing Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Loss” at the show.

WHO: Andrew Strauch, Vice President, Product Marketing & Management

WHAT: The Hole in RFID Security / LogiPharma 2007 Presentation

WHERE: Lowes Philadelphia Hotel – Philadelphia, PA

WHEN: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 3:05 p.m. EDT

WHY: The pharmaceutical industry is under fire, facing FDA and e-pedigree regulatory demands to safeguard against supply chain tampering, theft and fraud. According to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the industry loses $32 billion each year to counterfeiting alone. While RFID is promising, a physical security hole must be addressed.

RFID can actually disguise theft and counterfeiting.
Conventional RFID tags can easily be moved from one item to another without affecting the RFID function.
Nothing prevents someone from opening a shipping carton, removing all RFID tags and placing them on counterfeit items.
It’s even easier to remove the RFID tags and leave them in the empty carton.
Join Andrew Strauch in a discussion on securing RFID within the supply chain. He addresses the physical security hole by outlining application possibilities of tamper-evident RFID technologies. MIKOH guests can register with code 10352.002XQW48 to receive a 25 percent discount.

LogiPharma 2007 presents three days of useful knowledge sharing and idea exchange on the challenges and issues surrounding pharmaceutical supply chain management. The educational forum gathers supply chain professionals in the industry who are open to new strategies and learning about new technologies that can contribute to supply chain sustainability and cost-efficiency

--------------------

21 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING