Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

93 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CSL, CSL LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Oct 8 2020, 09:14 AM
  Quote Post

CSL Limited today announces that its subsidiary, Seqirus, has signed a final agreement with the Commonwealth of Australia for the supply of 51 million doses of the University of Queensland CSL COVID19 vaccine candidate (V451), should clinical trials be successful.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Sep 19 2020, 11:23 AM
  Quote Post

Spotlight on CSL Revenue Targets

https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2020/09/14/spotlight-on-csl-revenue-targets/

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 24 2020, 06:07 PM
  Quote Post

US allows emergency use of blood plasma treatment for coronavirus patients

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 19 2020, 01:21 PM
  Quote Post

softly, softly

CSL has 5 Covid related projects, the first being the partnership with the University of Queensland and the Coalition for Academic Preparedness and Innovation. This is in a Phase One study, and CSL has agreed to manage Phase two and Phase three registration and to manufacture the vaccine should the trials be successful.
I am pleased to advise that we now estimate first doses of the UQ vaccine will be available for ... emergency use by the middle of 2021," CEO Paul Perreault told a news conference. "This revised timeline is a result of further planning to align clinical and regulatory with the manufacturing activities and the obvious public health need to accelerate development as much as possible.

The second area of research is through the CoVIg-19 Plasma Alliance, which is a partnership of the world's leading plasma companies – Biotest, BPL, CSL Behring, LFB, Octapharma and Takeda. Perreault says this potential plasma-derived hyper immune therapy is beginning patient trials in the US and Europe this month.
The third option is a similar plasma product for the Australian market to be known as COVID19 immunoglobulin. This is being developed at the CSL Broadmeadows facility in Melbourne in a partnership with the Australian Red Cross, which has arranged for 500 donors to support the first batch of the product from the clinical trial.
The fourth option is a partnership with SAb Biotherapeutics to deliver a novel immunotherapy targeting COVID19.

The fifth program is a trial with the current CSL pipeline product Garadacimab to see if it has effect for patients suffering from respiratory distress or serious consequence of COVID19.

There is a sixth option in relation to COVID19 and that is the AstraZeneca vaccine proposal, which has the support of the federal government. Perreault said CSL was involved in discussions to advance this project and may be involved in the manufacture of the vaccine.

With all of these projects, whether it is preventative with the vaccine or preventing progression with a hyper immune or using a monoclonal antibody like Garadacimab, there is a risk of failure, even when we have selected opportunities we think make sense both scientifically and [for] efficacy, he said.

It is important that the public understands these risks and that no single vaccine or therapeutic approach is going to solve this global health crisis.

We are heartened by the extraordinary amount of scientific collaboration happening across the industry, academia and government, including many initiatives we are proud to be a part of and we remain cautiously optimistic.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 19 2020, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Aug 19 2020, 09:51 AM

the plasma biz is the powerhouse... Covid interrupted collections but having some 6 month supply helped smooth over things
It will be interesting with any virus vaccine. Might be some shift work coming up at Broadie, if the Oxford trials work.

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 19 2020, 09:51 AM
  Quote Post

CSL, another solid but not spectacular result.
Revenue up 6%, NP up 10%.
One of the very stocks to even pay a dividend, much less increase it by 7%.
The new Broadmeadows plant should be fully operational for this fin year.
Will keep holding as along term investment.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Aug 17 2020, 08:42 PM
  Quote Post

Talks with AstraZeneca include CSL potentially producing its vaccine under a licensing deal at its advanced manufacturing facility at Broadmeadows in the Melbourne northern suburb.
Development of the UQ vaccine candidate remains CSL's priority, a company spokeswoman said.

However, we are currently in discussions with AstraZeneca and the Australian Government to assess whether it is possible to provide local manufacturing support for the Oxford University/ AstraZeneca vaccine, should it prove successful, while protecting our commitment to the UQ vaccine.

We are assessing the viability of options ranging from the fill and finish of bulk product imported to Australia through to manufacture of the vaccine candidate under licence

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Aug 14 2020, 07:01 PM
  Quote Post

If CSL were to buy Merck, then CSL would get the Merck share of Moderna and Moderna would get all the combined revenues of CSL and Merck and all biotech IP and pipelines.
Could be a match made in heaven. Wonder what PFE and ALNY think of that.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

nipper
post Posted: Jul 31 2020, 12:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 31 2020, 11:50 AM

... start badmouthing the therapy and CSL will tank.

Technicals seem to not like it:
...just look at this broad top formation that CSL has been forming for the past nine months. It appears poised to break lower under $278 and head down to $250... " - Greg Tolpigin
https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2020/07/24/cra...fy-with-silver/

and the fund managers come in with their analyses:
Livewire Markets: Okay. We've got a couple of stocks that you both like. Can you tell me something you don't like right now?
Blake Henricks (Firetrail): Well, I'd say we are funding some of these purchases through something like a CSL where great business, but there is probably not the tailwinds that it has had over the last few years in the next little while. So that's a good funder for us.

Livewire Markets: Jun Bei, you got something that you are using to fund your Zip shares?
Jun Bei Liu (Tribeca): He took my stock! I was going to say CSL. We are not going significantly underweight, but CSL, it has done well and it is pretty expensive and its earnings are going to be downgraded. So that is a funder [for other Buys]...

Now $270, has not been this low since Oct 2019; and below the Covid panic, even.. So now we have total consensus it can only go down!! sadsmiley02.gif ...(= if good news comes, the snapback could be dramatic) wacko.gif

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: henrietta  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 31 2020, 11:50 AM
  Quote Post

AAAAGGGHHHH, Just what CSL needs.
Trump has endorsed the CSL approach to Covid vaccine.
From The OZ
US President Donald Trump has thrown his support behind a therapy to fight COVID-19, which Australia’s biggest health company CSL is developing with other plasma manufactures

At a White House roundtable with Mr Trump, CSL chief executive Paul Perreault says the company is weeks away from beginning a clinical trial of plasma-based hyperimmune therapy to combat COVID-19.

Mr Trump endorsed the trial which CSL - the biggest company on the ASX - will complete as part of a global alliance it forged with Takeda and other plasma therapy manufacturers earlier this year.

The therapy focuses on using antibodies found in plasma donated from people who have recovered from COVID-19 to help others fight off the high infectious disease that has killed 670,000 across the globe, infected millions of others and exiled Victoria from the rest of Australia.

Mr Trump said the plasma-based therapy was “a more delicate way of doing things”. He has previously advocated the use of hydroxychloroquine to ward off coronavirus, despite his own public health officials saying it is ineffective.

All the never trumpers will start badmouthing the therapy and CSL will tank.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

93 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING