Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

44 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

PNN, PEPINNINI MINERALS LIMITED
HeinzK
post Posted: Apr 28 2007, 07:40 PM
  Quote Post

ALP votes for uranium

Labor leader Kevin Rudd has won his battle to dump his party's no new uranium mines policy at the ALP national conference.

The vote means the Labor party will remove its 25 year old ban on new mines, and allow uranium to be exported to countries which have signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Members of the ALP at the conference voted 205 to 190 to defeat a bid by Labor frontbenchers Anthony Albanese and Peter Garrett to keep the ban.

Mr Garrett claims the risks associated with uranium mining outweighed any benefits.

Mr Rudd said he recognised that states and territories would take their own decisions on whether to approve new mines and Federal Labor did not support a nuclear power system for Australia.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Dont take me too seriosuly. I was dropped at birth.

HeinzK
post Posted: Apr 10 2007, 05:52 PM
  Quote Post

ASX ANNOUNCEMENT
10 April, 2007

Joint Venture Documentation Finalised for Sinosteel Corporation Alliance

Sinosteel Corporation (Sinosteel) and PepinNini Minerals Limited (PepinNini) have signed a Joint Venture Agreement and a Management Agreement in Beijing on 9th April, 2007 at a ceremony attended by representatives from both Companies as well as Chinese and Australian Government officials. Under the Joint Venture Agreement an unincorporated joint venture has been formed to manage and operate the development of the Crocker Well and Mt Victoria Uranium Deposits and other commodities in the Curnamona Province of South Australia.

Under a Sale Agreement also signed in Beijing, Sinosteel will pay PepinNini A$28.5 million (less payments of A$3.5 million already received) for a 60% stake in the Curnamona Province project following South Australian Ministerial approval for the transfer of the tenements and formal approval by the Chinese Government for the transaction. In addition Sinosteel will contribute A$11 million exploration expenditure over a 2 year period for uranium and other commodities within the Project tenements.

The Joint Venture Management Company will be based in Adelaide and will undertake further
exploration with the objective of preparing a Bankable Feasibility Study for the development of
the Crocker Well Uranium Deposit to produce at least 600 tonnes of U3O8 per year for at least 10 years. It is the intention of the Joint Venture to get into production as soon as possible to take advantage of the current uranium market.

--------------------

HeinzK
post Posted: Apr 4 2007, 07:37 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Daz on Tuesday 03/04/07 08:42pm

Daz, yes, 40% of Crocker Well, all there other exploration areas including there massive Nickel sulphide deposits are 100% PepinNini's. SP should sky rocket soon.

--------------------

HeinzK
post Posted: Apr 4 2007, 07:32 PM
  Quote Post

Mining company eyes Peterborough infrastructure

Wednesday, April 4, 2007. 2:13pm (AEST)

The head of a mining company looking to establish a uranium mine in South Australia's north-east says Peterborough, not Broken Hill, could be used as a hub for mining companies working in the region.

General manager of Pepinnini, Phillip Sutherland, says with Honeymoon and several other ventures in the region, mining companies are looking for a base for their operations, and Peterborough has a lot to offer.

"It does have a major road corridor through the town," he said.

"It does, as I say, have a major railway corridor through the town.

"There's power and water and it does have infrastructure that could support mining projects."

--------------------

HeinzK
post Posted: Apr 4 2007, 07:30 PM
  Quote Post

China's Sinosteel wins Australian govt approval to invest in uranium projects

04.04.07, 4:02 AM ET

SYDNEY (XFN-ASIA) - PepinNini Minerals Ltd said the Australian government's foreign investment review board (FIRB) has advised that it will not object to China's Sinosteel Corp Ltd acquiring a 60 pct interest in the assets of PepinNini Resources Curnamona Pty Ltd.

The listed Australian company's unit holds exploration licenses in the Curnamona province of South Australia, which includes licences covering the Crocker Well and Mount Victoria uranium deposits.

PepinNini said the approval facilitates the progression of a strategic alliance previously announced with Sinosteel to jointly co-operate in the development and operation of the Crocker Well and Mount Victoria deposits.

In September last year, Sinosteel agreed to pay PepinNini 28.5 mln aud for the 60 pct stake in the Curnamona Province projects.

--------------------

Daz
post Posted: Apr 3 2007, 08:42 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: HeinzK on Sunday 25/03/07 06:36pm

heinz u seem to be up to date with PNN

have u done a breakdown of profits for PNN

so say if they go ahead with all this, does that mean PNN will effectively own only 40% of the uranium deposit?

therefore 40% of the profits?

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

HeinzK
post Posted: Mar 25 2007, 06:36 PM
  Quote Post

Uranium mine to cost $160m: Pepinnini

Chinese-backed uranium explorer Pepinnini Minerals Ltd says it will cost about $160 million to develop its Crocker Well uranium mine in South Australia.

Pepinnini said it hoped to start production at Crocker well, what is likely to be Australia's fifth operating uranium mine, in three years.

Australia has three operating uranium mines - Olympic Dam, Ranger and Beverley - with the Honeymoon mine in south Australia expected to come online in the first quarter of 2008.

Pepinnini is backed by China's second largest iron ore exporter, Sinosteel Corporation.

--------------------

HeinzK
post Posted: Feb 22 2007, 09:31 AM
  Quote Post

$85.00 per pound...

Weekly Spot Ux U3O8 Price

--------------------

HeinzK
post Posted: Feb 9 2007, 12:11 PM
  Quote Post

Fourth SA uranium mine closer

CAMERON ENGLAND

February 08, 2007 01:15am
Article from: The Advertiser

PEPINNINI Minerals's Chinese uranium deal was formally signed yesterday, guaranteeing a $40 million investment to develop the company's South Australian uranium projects.
Under the proposal announced in September, the Chinese Government's Sinosteel Corporation will pay $28.5 million for 60 per cent of PepinNini's Curnamona Province project, comprising the Crocker Well and Mt Victoria deposits in SA's east.

They could be now developed into a uranium mine within two years, PepinNini's Adelaide-based general manager Phillip Sutherland said.

Sinosteel will also pay $5 million towards further drilling and a bankable feasibility study on the resource and $6 million on exploration for other commodities.

NSW-based PepinNini recently leased an Adelaide headquarters and is looking at engaging experts to do the feasibility study, examining the economic viability of mining the uranium resources.

"We have had preliminary meetings with a number of companies that we are considering giving the task of preparing the study to," Mr Sutherland said. "That would be all systems go now. We'll determine who will do it for us and get it under way."

The deal also involves Sinosteel paying a non-refundable $1 million to PepinNini for exclusivity over the projects while the final government approvals are obtained.

PepinNini shares jumped 24.3 per cent on the news, closing 34c higher at $1.74.

--------------------

garry w
post Posted: Feb 8 2007, 09:50 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: HeinzK on Wednesday 07/02/07 05:08pm

Yep and now their rushing to get back in,, all is good, regards garry w

--------------------
'Your only as good as the worst stock you hold' Garry W

44 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING