Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

27 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

FLT, FLIGHT CENTER LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: May 25 2009, 08:27 AM
  Quote Post

I think they hit this wall some time ago and spent a lot of money developing an online presence. I don't know the details of it well.

The retail space risk was aggregated out by use of a franchise model.

Earnings are still good.

Still waiting for a takeover bid on this one. Founding fathers have options on eachothers holdings before anyone else. Therefore, majority holding can't be gained without their consent. It all comes down to what Scroo and Co is thinking.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

sabretoothed
post Posted: May 24 2009, 06:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: samson's post @ May 24 2009, 03:56 PM

Looks like more and more is moving to online. Especially plane bookings?

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

samson
post Posted: May 24 2009, 03:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: sabretoothed's post @ May 22 2009, 09:16 AM

And what percentage of FLT's revenues may this effect?

sabretoothed
post Posted: May 22 2009, 09:16 AM
  Quote Post

Got this email from Sing airlines

As a valued KrisFlyer member, I am writing to inform you that as a result of a commercial impasse with Flight Centre, Singapore Airlines airfares might not be available for purchase through Flight Centre retail outlets.

Singapore Airlines is still committed to giving our customers great value fares. Singapore Airlines has agreements in place with other major travel agents, and our flights can be booked as per normal through all other travel agency groups, or online at singaporeair.com.au

Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

sabretoothed
post Posted: May 1 2009, 10:54 AM
  Quote Post

This model is finished I reckon, WTF and other online are the future. We don't need that many travel agents around, and the economic downturn is training the public how to book directly online for the cheap flights, next they'll go wow I might as well get the hotel as well online...

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 28 2009, 07:55 AM
  Quote Post

Thats right. They have a controlling interest and first option on any of the other founding members shares if they choose to sell. But they are all getting a bit long in the tooth now so I wouldn't be surprised if they want to cash out.

The premium will be there at the end. In the meantime its all about flushing out the rest of them at the lowest price possible.

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

macduffy
post Posted: Jan 28 2009, 07:19 AM
  Quote Post

How do you see it shaping up?

Anything's possible of course but i would have thought that Turner and Co would need to see a hefty premium on today's depressed SP to be remotely interested.

plastic
post Posted: Jan 27 2009, 02:17 PM
  Quote Post

Not precisely but its all to with QAN, cards and points. wink.gif

--------------------

macduffy
post Posted: Jan 27 2009, 12:39 PM
  Quote Post

Hi plastic.

Do you have a source for that?

Cheers

plastic
post Posted: Jan 27 2009, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

Takeover coming. Looks like AMEX is going to take them out via Lazard.

--------------------

27 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING