Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

321 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

General Moderator Discussion
ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jul 17 2008, 04:38 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Thursday 17/07/08 03:40pm

Hi Gary,

I suggest you pass on the message (via PM, Email, Phone) to those SS members that do post there.

I have made that simple request to some of the core "dual" (SS + Yahoo) before , yet it seems to be ignored OR viewed as an attempt to get people to use only one forum.

I am very close to adding a new rule into the TOU... something about provoking people into causing TOU violations (I'm not silly I have seen SS members challenging (on Yahoo) banned members to again post on SS)

Thanks
Matt

moosey
post Posted: Jul 17 2008, 04:10 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ShareScene.com on Thursday 17/07/08 04:30pm

Matt, I very rarely post on Yahoo and I try and refrain in answering any of the basher posts there, but I do read it, along with other sites, I like to gather information, and I see that as my right, this same person has repeatedly attacked me and blamed me on many occasions for something I did not do, the way I see it is that I am dammed if I do and dammed if I don't, I won't answer their posts, but it is giving me the Sh*ts

Cheers Gary

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jul 17 2008, 03:30 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (ShareScene.com @ Thursday 17/07/08 02:41pm)

Further to this....
How many times have I asked that moderators to leave Yahoo (especially the MST topic) alone?

Any post on Yahoo is seen as "pissing" in their spot, so they in turn then try and "piss" onto ShareScene.

It's got to a point in which I almost don't allow ANYONE from the two (major) cites in the USA to join to ShareScene, as 9-10 times they are Yahoo bashers trying to get "back onto" ShareScene after been banned in the past.

In short, it's a waste of my time and while I've been VERY, VERY understanding until now I've got sick of it.

Yahoo has no multiple account policy (none they really police) so you can never control what occurs there no matter how much you try, it's a battle that can NOT be won...

To me it's simple, if you see a mix of PRO and NEG you accept it to be balanced.

If you only see PRO or only see NEG you accept it's not balanced and after a while stop using that news source.

If some SS member stopped fighting the NEG on Yahoo the NEG side would take over and within a week or two it would be very clear to anyone the opinions expressed are not balanced. Within another couple of weeks the post level would drop (the NEG side isn't silly, they won't post anymore then they need to or they know they face appearing unbalanced)

One to two months... the MST Yahoo topic would be dead, it's about time people start to think about how to win the war VS how to win the current battle.

Cheers
Matt

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jul 17 2008, 03:11 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Thursday 17/07/08 10:32am

Hi Gary,

LG shows moderator actions, not Administrator actions.

He did violate the TOU, the part about multiple accounts (which seems to match his Yahoo actions)

Cheers
Matt

moosey
post Posted: Jul 17 2008, 11:02 AM
  Quote Post

Morning all,

I saw this post on Yahoo,
I got booted from the SS board 16-Jul-08 04:07 pm I didn't violate ShareScene's rules. NOT ONE! I got booted for publicly questioning MoD's motivation for selling his shares at this critical time.

I posted the truth as I see it. The truth hurts. I greatly underestimated Moose's and Tban's ability to tolerate shareholder dissent of any kind. These guys are sad, sad fellows. Rating :
(No ratings)Rate it:
frankgrbb

I,m not sure if he was banned? I checked the logs and I see no mention of him being banned, I presume it was Frank G on the MST thread?
If he was banned then he has definately outed himself as the same person as frankgrbb on Yahoo, a rather unsavoury character who posts under multiple aliases on that thread and it was a job well done if in fact he has been booted as he says!

Cheers Gary
biggrin.gif

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

ShareScene.com
post Posted: May 30 2008, 12:46 PM
  Quote Post

Afternoon Moderators...

We don't talk that often anymore (we should fix that) ANYHOW, I was just reviewing the monthly competition we run and I noted a pattern (interesting one)

I reviewed the Top 10 for the last 4 competitions and then filtered by any names that appeared more then once, the results:

76.53% bermuda May
26.61% bermuda Feb
80.32% cab Feb
54.53% cab Oct
8.74% cab Aug
47.08% davo22 May
93.07% davo22 Oct

While all 3 names are impressive, I noted "Cab" was missing from this month's round Top 10. He's currently 14th (out of 155) 38.66%

8.74% Aug
54.53% Oct
80.32% Feb
38.66% May

Thats an average of 45%.

Worth watching IMO, his picks this month are... EXM, WMT & HAW

Thanks
Matt

moosey
post Posted: May 1 2008, 08:44 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ShareScene.com on Thursday 01/05/08 06:06pm

Matt I wish to discuss something with you, but not here, can you PM me please so I can PM you back?

Cheers Gary

--------------------

moosey
post Posted: May 1 2008, 05:13 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ShareScene.com on Thursday 01/05/08 06:06pm

Thanks Matt.

--------------------

ShareScene.com
post Posted: May 1 2008, 05:06 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: moosey on Thursday 01/05/08 04:18pm

I've post suspend both...

No IP match, but both are from NZ and the posts are very a like. When they cry about not being able to post I'll get some more out of them

Cheers
M

moosey
post Posted: May 1 2008, 04:48 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: ShareScene.com on Thursday 01/05/08 05:41pm

Sorry I thought I had posted both, as you can see below one is maddog and one is MADDOG8 and they are both new members?

maddog
Posted Thursday 01/05/08 03:57pm

( 5 posts)
(0%)
TRADING HALT, looks interesting. Unfortunately on a day when the gas sector is running hot. AOE up up up. QGC up up up.

MADDOG08
Posted Monday 21/04/08 11:24am

( 2 posts)
(0%)
EWC looks like its hitching a nice ride with the rest of the lng sector (AOE AND QGC). All PERFORMING well............
looks like the smart money is in this sector.

Cheers Gary

--------------------

321 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING