Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

103 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 99 100 101 102 103 >   

Reply to this topic

How Can We Make ShareScene Better For You?
nkarp
post Posted: Nov 26 2003, 09:54 AM
  Quote Post

oops, i just posted something on a new topic that should of gone here.

can u move it in here?! cant be bother writing it again.

instant messaging would be great!

-----------------------------------
ph34r.gif DONE BY ADMIN ph34r.gif

nkarp
post Posted: Nov 26 2003, 09:52 AM
  Quote Post

It can be annoying when you post new information on a share that it gets grouped with a post that started 2 weeks prior. Having to scroll down through all the old and already read information.

Why cant there be different posts for the same share?

Maybe limit to one a day or something....

rotuma
post Posted: Nov 25 2003, 11:23 PM
  Quote Post

There is a board statistics section on your home page! ohmy.gif

And it looks like you guys based some of the format on my suggestions!

Thank you ... for listening to us wub.gif

--------------------
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has ever been taken from the Earth ..." Napoleon Hill

muzza
post Posted: Nov 25 2003, 05:39 PM
  Quote Post

Hi Guys,

Well Hotcopper is just about dead....if not dying.

At last a forum that actually looks like it belongs in the 21st century and not from the past.

This is very simliar to another forum I belong to...www.magpies.net, which has a very simliar look/feel and that forum is just great with over 1500 members and the number of messages/posts that flow is quite amazing when footy season is in high gear.

A couple of suggestions.....

Open up a number of seperate public forums:

ASX, ASX general, O/Seas stocks & news, General News, Commodities and get members to place messages within those forums. This will make easier to follow a post/thread and keep the board clean.

Also each member can report abuse (ramps etc) and you know they are unreliable member as with www.magpies.net reported members can have a yellow symbol placed in the bottom RH corner of each post...three strikes are you are out and banned....that will keep the rampers and the trouble makers away....

Long live asxboard.... rolleyes.gif

Lets go and get all the good posters across from HC and keep out the crap

Cheers
John

colaiscute
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 07:46 PM
  Quote Post

They got rid of it, and replaced it with a todays active posts link.

The navigator was pretty much useless in my opinion. What did you think?

If you still want to use it go to http://www.asxboard.com/index.php?act=buddy&s=

but really? what did you use it for other than today's active posts anyway?

If the community likes it they might put a link to the navigator elsewhere.

tell me what you think, and if you liked the navigator, tell me what functions you used and why you liked them, and i will see what i can do for you.

--------------------
colaiscute

rotuma
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 07:36 PM
  Quote Post

Where's the navigator! mad.gif

--------------------
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has ever been taken from the Earth ..." Napoleon Hill

Guest_kismet_*
post Posted: Nov 24 2003, 01:23 PM
  Quote Post

Although I've used a web-mail address, I think limiting registrations to one per person and insisting on a genuine non web-mail address is essential to the integrity of this forum (and it's members). There will always be some smarty that gets around this issue, but I believe it's a good start.
Should you so enact, I will have no problem in supplying my "paid for" e-mail address.

Another feature that I liked from the "old hotcopper" was 12hr page lengths for topics. Scrolling is much easier once a page is loaded, and loading times now with fast processor speeds and broadband are not the consideration it once was, however, even then it was still more acceptable than consistently loading many pages just to check back a few hours.
Updating of "new posts" could happen automatically on return to the "topics page".
whadayathink? rolleyes.gif

The_Muns
post Posted: Nov 23 2003, 08:38 PM
  Quote Post

Just tried finding your link on google, didn't find it or I'm blind :|

May be getting better exposure on the search engines might improve your user numbers.

ineedhits.com has a nice free search engine registery app and there are others out there. May be you've already done this, as I know it usually takes up to six weeks to become live.

--------------------
The_Muns

People who follow me are bigger fools than I.

influxweb
post Posted: Nov 22 2003, 11:45 PM
  Quote Post

Yep! Thats another good option. I'll talk it over with everone and get something happening real soon.

Thank you thank you
Andrew

rotuma
post Posted: Nov 22 2003, 11:32 PM
  Quote Post

Yes, I understand. It would take up some room on the home page ...

Perhaps to get around this, you could just include a new button next to "user settings" called say, "member stats" or something along those lines. Then you could include something like:

Forum Statistics
There are ...... Posts in ..... Topics in .... Forums
Last Post on .. / ... /2003 at .. : .. pm
Last Post by .....
There are ...... Forum Members
..... forum members joined today
The Newest Forum Member is ........
There are ... Active Users online, ... Guest(s) and ... Member(s)

I hope this helps! smile.gif

--------------------

103 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 99 100 101 102 103 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING