Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Call Option buyer
nipper
post Posted: Feb 1 2021, 03:39 PM
  Quote Post

One way to make a bit of pocket money (GET THE TRADE RIGHT) ... (THEN MONETISE)

You will see he bought 50,000 shares at $14.8947 and 500 call options at 20 cents, that's twenty cents.

You will also see that his portfolio is now worth $46,034,545.47.

How do we know this?

Because he just posted the screenshot of his portfolio on https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

arty
post Posted: Apr 26 2012, 09:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: 7's post @ Apr 25 2012, 09:01 PM

an option confers the RIGHT, but not the OBLIGATION, to buy or sell at the strike price.
Unless you explicitly exercise the right on (or, in the case of American-style options, before) expiry, the options will lapse and the seller will have received the premium for free.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

post Posted: Apr 25 2012, 10:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Apr 25 2012, 09:15 PM

Wolverine, many thanks

wolverine
post Posted: Apr 25 2012, 09:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: 7's post @ Apr 25 2012, 09:01 PM

Unless you have completed auto-exercise paperwork the option will expire (worthless).

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

Said 'Thanks' for this post: 0007  

post Posted: Apr 25 2012, 09:01 PM
  Quote Post

Can anyone clarifies the following: A buyer buys a call option expiring within 2 months. The option keeps on going up and is well in the money. Let us assume the buyer does nothing when expiry times arrives. What happens next?

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING