Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

REX, REGIONAL EXPRESS HOLDINGS LIMITED
mullokintyre
post Posted: May 13 2020, 02:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 13 2020, 02:34 PM

And I should have added to the list below, that fuel is the cheapest its been for a long time, and like;ly to stay that way for the forseeable future.
Plus the owners of the bvig airports are not likely to require a mortgage on fort knox to obtain a slot at the airport, nor charge high fees for seices such as parking.
And theres probably a few more I haven't even thought of.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 13 2020, 02:34 PM
  Quote Post

An interesting announcement from REX that it is expanding into becoming a domestic carrier, as distinct fro its regional routes.
From THE OZ

Regional airline Regional Express says it could be operating its own domestic services by March next year.

In a statement released to the market on Wednesday, Rex said it was exploring the feasibility of its own domestic services in the wake of Virgin’s collapse, saying it would require equity funding of around $200m.

Rex said it was talking to several parties about backing a $200m capital raising to support a capital city expansion plan set to take shape over the next two months.

The airline said it was seeking to have a high capacity qualification added to its air operators certificate to support the plan, which would reportedly involve leasing 10 narrow-bodied jets to add to its existing turboprop fleet.

Investors welcomed the news sending the airline’s shares up almost 30 per cent to $1.16 after tehy resumed trading following a halt called on Tuesday.

This makes sense for many reasons.
Firstly, its fleet of aging SAAb 34's will need replacement. Its average fleet age is around 24 years, and the aircraft are longer being made. The older 34's could be eased out and gradually replace by regional jets.
Secondly, it gives a better career path fro its pilots to go from turbine to jets. They may see less cannablising of their staff to larger airlines.
Thirdly, there are legions of unused jets everywhere that could be leased for a pittance, so no great capital outlays.
Fourthly, there are legions of crews to fly and maintain these jets.
Fiftly, it sends a message to QANTAS and VA, that they will have more compettion.
Sixthly, the potential buyers of VA will start thinking that VA may not be such a good deal ( would be good for QF and REX if VA never returned). and as corrollary to that, if VA were cheap enough, REX Singapore owners would be able to get in a lowballbid for the entire airline.
And finally, John Sharp their chairman has very close links with the government, and seems to be able to squeeze funding for refional areas that benefit REX greatly.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

alonso
post Posted: Apr 25 2020, 03:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 21 2020, 01:08 PM

When we get back to normal or near normal regional travel, which could be just weeks away, REX could rocket to stardom.
$1 is within reach even before then but afterwards, with Virgin grounded, pre-crash levels are not beyond the realms of possibility.
This I Believe, as Eric Baume used to say (You have to be past your Best Before date to remember him).

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

nipper
post Posted: Apr 21 2020, 01:08 PM
  Quote Post

Regional Express (Rex) has today signed a Commonwealth Grant Agreement under the COVID-19 Regional Airline Network Support program announced by Deputy Prime Minister, the Hon Michael McCormack, on 28 March 2020. Under the program, regional airline carriers will be provided assistance to maintain a minimal weekly schedule to regional and remote ports. The RANS program will provide funding for up to six months with an initial approval for six weeks.

Under the Grant Agreement, Rex will receive funding to operate 1-2 return services a week to most destinations on the Rex network.

If you look at the announcement, of the 76 service requests, some 38 were approved.

WA (services regulated by state govt) gets one flight a week ex-Perth to Albany, Esperance and Carnarvon.
Qld (services regulated by state govt) gets a mix, but all One flight a week on Northern routes ex Cairns and Townsville, as well as ex-Brisbane. Most are multi-stop routes out west.
Qld (unregulated): one a week Townsville-Cairns, Cairns-Mt Isa, Cairns-Bamaga
SA (unregulated) get most services, one flight a week; Pt Lincoln, Mt Gambier, Broken Hill, Ceduna, Whyalla, Kangaroo Is.
Vic (unregulated) get all services, 1-2 flights a week: Mildura, King Is/ Burnie, Albury/ Wagga, Merimbula
NSW (unregulated): 1-2 a week to most places, Cooma, Moruya/Merimbula, Broken Hill/Dubbo, Orange, Bathurst/Parkes, Grafton/Lismore, Wagga, Albury, Griffiths/Narrandera,

(Glaring exception Armidale .... tough luck Barnaby ?)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jan 6 2015, 12:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Mookie's post @ Jan 6 2015, 12:20 PM

Rex just picked up the best routes from a failed FNQ airline - took the gulf but not Cape York routes ex-Cairns

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Mookie
post Posted: Jan 6 2015, 12:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Tylergold's post @ Jan 28 2011, 09:30 PM

Been having a look at REX. Made around a $10m profit last FY. Fuel costs were $38m and carbon tax on fuel was $2.5m (not sure if it is included in the first figure). A 40% reduction in fuel costs saves them around $15m pa.

Has seen some share price improvement but nothing like QAN who certainly has been a far worse performer over the last couple of years.

With oil in a steep bear market it certainly makes REX one of the beneficiaries - http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30687669.

Featured Stock Stories

Tylergold
post Posted: Jan 28 2011, 09:30 PM
  Quote Post

not a great company low rates of return, capital intensive. i'd keep away better opportunites elsewhere

4thekids
post Posted: Jan 18 2011, 07:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: chookboy's post @ Jan 18 2011, 05:14 PM

I got in for the Divi and sold ex-div at slightly higher than the purchase price. I think it has an excellent future but trading volumes are low which makes sizable trades hard to execute unless you're patient. I have it on the watch screen and will look to re-enter on increased volume or closer to this year's divi (small parcel again). Would not be suprised if it makes $1.40.

4TK

Said 'Thanks' for this post: chookboy  

mistagear
post Posted: Jan 18 2011, 05:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: chookboy's post @ Jan 18 2011, 05:14 PM

Chook,
Not sure if this will mean anything to you, Kahuna 1 was buying this one last year around the $1 level. He was keen on it's fundas/divvy ratio etc. My objection at the time was the lack of liquidity and the risk involved with all airlines, as well as lack of trading range and volatility.

Looking at the current chart (weekly due to liquidity), at least it is trading above the latest signal bar but not the signal bar prior and seems to have a bit of demand arriving (might be divvy chasers ???).
Resistance to the $1.25.
Several aspects continue to exclude me from trading this stock but GL if it suits your trading plan. The $1 to 90c area looks a better bet if it has a slip

Cheers, M

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

Said 'Thanks' for this post: chookboy  

chookboy
post Posted: Jan 18 2011, 05:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: 4thekids's post @ Aug 31 2010, 09:22 PM

Anyone still following this one? I have seen that some brokers have the stock valued at $1.40, at the moment trading in the $1.10 to $1.16 range.

--------------------
Don't count your chickens until they hatch!

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING