Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLX, SILEX SYSTEMS LIMITED
moosey
post Posted: Mar 26 2009, 03:09 PM
  Quote Post

I am at a loss to understand how it works exactly, it seems that the computer places a buy at the bid price every 3 or 4 mins? maybe just to send the price back to the bid price if a sale at the ask happens which is a higher price ? but it doesn't always follow that pattern, I have tried to anticipate the next buy on a number of occasions, and |I am usually right in that it will be for one share at the bid, but it doesn't always work? but the SP has been heading north now for a while, it has been nearly six months since we last saw this price!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

kingsleadhat
post Posted: Mar 26 2009, 02:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gulf's post @ Mar 26 2009, 02:25 PM

I do not expect much joy, however I would love to hear the rationale for selling 2 shares 1 second after 4,000 trade at a price 1.7% lower than last trade. Obviously not trying to sell at highest VWAP!! Also, clearly the program is reactive - ie automatically trades (ie next second) based on last trade. It is (tantamount to) price manipulation which is clearly illegal. It creates a false market. It is condoned by ASX, therefore ASX is responsibly for creating a false market. Maybe I should ask ASIC, but suppose that would be like asking Mick Kelty if the AFP are up to scratch. It's enough to make one an anarchist. wink.gif

gulf
post Posted: Mar 26 2009, 02:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Mar 26 2009, 01:16 PM

reading back through ASX correspondence DMA participants can "slice and dice an order for other purposes" what does that mean ?

moosey
post Posted: Mar 26 2009, 01:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kingsleadhat's post @ Mar 26 2009, 12:58 PM

The brokers get to see that level,they hold a priveleged position that we lowly shareholders are not privvy to, the ASX makes the rules, guess who own the majority of the ASX shares, you guessed it -: the brokers, it's a nice little job for the boys isn't it?

You scratch my back and well scratch yours! bastarrrrrrds.

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

gulf
post Posted: Mar 26 2009, 01:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kingsleadhat's post @ Mar 26 2009, 12:58 PM

will be interesting to get a reply.

kingsleadhat
post Posted: Mar 26 2009, 12:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gulf's post @ Mar 26 2009, 12:41 PM

Sent to ASX via their web site:

Down ticking
Can you please investigate computer trading in SLX. For example, today at 1:51:09 4,000 shares traded at $4.17. At 1:51:10, 2 shares traded at $4.10. This happens frequently and for investors without depth information would encourage a seller to sell at the last trade($4.10) rather than the higher price where volume is being transacted ($4.17). This practice brings the ASX's reputation into disrepute

gulf
post Posted: Mar 26 2009, 12:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Mar 25 2009, 11:25 AM

bot back on and working the SLX price back down .Also note RDF 24 sales of one share in a row and the ASX call this normal and unremarkable !!

moosey
post Posted: Mar 25 2009, 11:25 AM
  Quote Post

See what happens when the bot is switched off? I don't see one bot rade today, the price will find a natural level and fluctuate around that point IMHO! and that is a fair market, not this other automated trading BS.

--------------------

moosey
post Posted: Mar 25 2009, 10:53 AM
  Quote Post

The pressure is slowly building! a few months from here we will know the results of the test loop hopefully, small volumes sales, but they are on the way back up, and I can just imagine where it will be if they come out with some decent news on all their other ongoing programs, I hope they have fixed the solar problem with the electrical cross connection issue
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

moosey
post Posted: Mar 24 2009, 06:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gulf's post @ Mar 24 2009, 11:32 AM

Thanks gulf for the info, but when Richard Flynn, Manager ASX Surveillance said he, "has confirmed on a number of occassions that this type of trading is normal also confirmed that "ASX runs an anonymous market "

Well I believe it does to a point,for the priveleged few, but as far as we lowly investors are concerned we are not in the loop, not so for the Brokers who are in bed with the ASX, it's their way of showing us just who runs the show, the fox is in charge of the hen house!

The whole thing stinks, it smacks of cronyism IMHO, its a job for the boys, only available to the "exclusive brethren"!

--------------------

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING