Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

1586 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Index Trading, xjo, dow, dax, ftse
joules mm1
post Posted: Jan 17 2020, 03:22 PM
  Quote Post

observation, eb: something diff, $BTC looks like it's on a break out move

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

joules mm1
post Posted: Jan 17 2020, 11:03 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jan 17 2020, 09:08 AM

some kahuna testing against the wind there, eb ?
uber bully indexes at the mo
China news due at 1pm today AEST

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Jan 17 2020, 09:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jan 16 2020, 10:08 AM

took few shorts on SPX when US market start cash market trading, and added more shorts this morning when it closed.

my stops for SPX is set at 3350, target for the down side is 3260 within a week.
trade is set, this time i rather bet little more than i like for this choppy market. it's Friday, don't think many willing hold long position through the weekend........

trying to pick the bottom and top of the markets is a looser's game, but 20 years on i still playing this 'foolish game' some times. just with far better knowledge , stop loss to protecting myself.

early birds
post Posted: Jan 16 2020, 10:08 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/14/warren-dema...n-iran-tip.html
Presidential contender Elizabeth Warren is demanding a federal investigation into whether President Donald Trump provided advance notice of the deadly strike on Iran’s Gen. Qasem Soleimani to stock traders who may have profited illegally from the tip.

---------------------------

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/15/irans-rouha...iddle-east.html

U.S. troops are “insecure” in the region today, and EU troops “might be in danger tomorrow,” Rouhani declared, according to a Reuters translation, marking the first time the leader has directed a threat toward European forces in the region. He demanded the U.S. leave and accused it of making the region insecure, saying it should “apologize to Tehran” for its “previous crimes.”

-------------------------------------

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/15/china-trade...ossibility.html

===================================

weak up in the morning to read all these type of headline, with US market in clear over bought zone. my finger is itchy for the shorts..........

early birds
post Posted: Jan 15 2020, 04:51 PM
  Quote Post

from FA point of view

even Peter Costello warned investors about record low rate around world, too much risk for risky assets................. from today's AFR.

as i said ----we have no way to know that WHEN the bomb will be off... but when it dose we will see a lot of sorry ass....that include all those major central bankers...

early birds
post Posted: Jan 15 2020, 04:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jan 15 2020, 11:51 AM

Actually, while you TA chaps are waiting for the next big kill, how much credence do you all put on RSI??

===============

when daily and weekly RSI all into over bought zone ----above 70's , then a sizeable pull back from index comodities , currencies .these heavy traded thingy.
it worked for me many years by now. if you guys look at historic chart, you can see that clearly. no need fancy tech , very straight forward.
of course , there is NO bullet prof algorithm or formula that works all the time.
RSI just one of many indicators ----in this case works for me most of time, now i can see it flash warning sign , so i put up my one bob for peoples here.
it's all just my humble opinion .
hope you guys put up yours like joules ,mick nipper............
we share it to each other either you agree it or not . tongue.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 15 2020, 03:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Jan 15 2020, 02:24 PM

Thanks Joules for your response, though I have to admit I am not really much wiser.
Perhaps its best if I just keep out of these things.
Sometimes a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

joules mm1
post Posted: Jan 15 2020, 02:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jan 15 2020, 11:51 AM

am currently long the $xjo

the RSI is useful when applied in two different ways
preamble is; the 14day setting is of itself arbitrary, so you need to observe what works best depending on the time frame you are trading
so that leads to specific context, that is, the setting you use versus the time frame youre in versus the phase of the trend/congestion zone
there is a lot to go thru, so this is a brief looking into my thoughts, it's diff for each player
keep in mind RSI does not inform you of the health of a trend it can only give you a frame work of conception in advance but you need to do two things
in my humble opinion: know the context and the relative size at playthis also requires some experience or at least some time in observation of the "personality" or "propensity" of the action of the RSI relative to the phase youre trading .....keeping in mind youre trading the right hand side of the screen, the weight of your observation is going to effect your risk decision
but not necessarily your ideas of the trend or the larger phase youre in, it is somewhat lateral and cannot be applied as a linear approachkeep in mind the ideas applied TO the RSI are different to the ideas applied FROM the RSI ....this is a trap many fall into as they apply risk on a linear approach to (any) this indicia
also keep in mind that the RSI is "boxed" so it cannot be default give insight into trend
thus, I say, it is like russian dolls in effect in some time frames, keep in mind that these are time-frames within a phase of tradeso, the price precedes and drags alone the RSI, i use 9day setting, too close too many whips, it is far too easy to misinterpret the RSI setting with the context of price (price has it's own context and it is distorted within the RSI) so in this instance price + RSI is its own context but does not relate to the phase directly so
it is easy to see a divergence and incorrectly apply that divergence when the context of price action is not itself correctly understood by the trader

this last sentence is most critical to understand, so, reread it......
maybe a doodle thread is in need here, Mick .....am happy to contribute so long it's not energy into dead air .....maybe we could call it the non-CUV technical doodle thread !!

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  nipper  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 15 2020, 11:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Jan 15 2020, 11:32 AM

Actually, while you TA chaps are waiting for the next big kill, how much credence do you all put on RSI??
Personally, I had always felt it was one of those bits of info that is very accurate after the event rather than as a predictive element, but then I know FA about TA.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

joules mm1
post Posted: Jan 15 2020, 11:32 AM
  Quote Post

$xjo making new altime highs
cfd retail is 92% short today
that, is very bullish

--------------------

1586 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING