Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

FLC, FLUENCE CORPORATION LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Apr 6 2019, 06:54 AM
  Quote Post

FLC still out there, Tim Boreham does a write up:
https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2019/04/04/thr...ication-market/

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

cooderman
post Posted: Aug 23 2017, 01:35 PM
  Quote Post

If FLC consolidates around this price in the next day or two, it may be worth risking a trade.

Chart at about 1.30pm

Attached Image

nipper
post Posted: Aug 5 2017, 01:22 PM
  Quote Post

Fluence Corporation (FLC)

Speaking of water, about the only Australian aspect of the globalised Fluence (formerly Emefcy) is it happens to be listed on the ASX. But foreign provenance didn't preclude us from owning Russell Crowe and the late John Clarke and we would claim Lorde if we could. So on these precedents, we shamelessly declare Fluence an Aussie company taking on the world with its patented reverse-osmosis water purification technology.

Backed by US venture capitalist Richard Irving, predecessor Emefcy listed via the back door in late 2015, raising $14m at 20c apiece in the process. Shareholders of the ASX-listed Emefcy recently approved the acquisition of US counterpart RWL Water, owned by billionaire entrepreneur Ronald Lauder.

Emefcy stock had done well since listing, racing to as high as $1.07 on management's promise of selling low-maintenance purification units to users such as resorts and small towns.

Emefcy's units are based on membrane aerated biofilm reactors, which push the unpure water through the filters using 90 per cent less energy than traditional reverse osmosis.

Earlier Emefcy cited an average set-up cost of $US277,000 for a 100 cubic metre a day plant, compared with around $US660,000 for a standard facility. Fluence (former Emefcy) director Ross Haghighat says Chinese buyers want the packaged kit, rather than having to acquire bits and pieces to build a plant. "It's like a Lego kit with all the critical components," he says.

Recently the $US13bn water treatment sector has undergone consolidation, with the bigger operators such as GE and Veolia taking out mid-tier companies.

Tim Boreham is editor of The New Criterion.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 10 2017, 12:12 PM
  Quote Post

Israeli firm and ASX listed Emefcy Group (EMC) has developed a Membrane Aerated Biofilm Reactor (MABR) product that enables wastewater to be reused for specific purposes such as crop irrigation. Emefcy has designed its technology for remote areas, invariably in poor parts of the world that suffer from severe water shortages.

At start of May 2017, the company announced it has three new commercial agreements in China ... "Anything that looks to contribute solutions to China's extremely serious water issues is likely to receive investor interest," Tom King, chief investment officer of Nanuk Asset Management, said. "But a lot of these smaller companies have a lot of value ascribed to the future."

and indeed "value ascribed to the future" seems to be the case. Since the May Ann and recent update where EMC "recently achieved a number of key operational milestones" the SP isn't budging.

The move to buy RWL looks a bit inhibiting, too : Emefcy and RWL Water Announce Binding Sale and Purchase Agreement (Combined company to be renamed Fluence Corporation Limited and provide a comprehensive suite of decentralized water solutions for a rapidly growing global market)

--------------------

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING