Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

135 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 >   

Reply to this topic

AUD, Australian Dollar Discussion
balance
post Posted: Jul 6 2005, 08:37 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: crowman28 on Sunday 12/06/05 02:00am

oz $ certainly being given some stick of late.i read 72-73 should be it though.

with US economy doing ok and rates still in upward bias it likely puts the crashing dollar / gold thru the roof theorists out of the loop for now.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

crowman28
post Posted: Jun 12 2005, 01:00 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: neutron on Saturday 11/06/05 11:10am

Anyone willing to take a guess how much the AUD will fall against the USD??

My take is 72 cents will be the lowest perhaps. Can't it this level being broken this year.

neutron
post Posted: Jun 11 2005, 11:10 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (neutron @ Thursday 12/05/05 02:30pm)

If the majors do fall hard under the weight of the USD over the next few days (very likely now) it means GOLD must decouple from the USD, otherwise we could see GOLD also break its LT uptrend (USD).

and decouple it has...

LSM
post Posted: May 12 2005, 03:29 PM
  Quote Post

At least we will know either way very soon. All this indecision is sending me insane, too many mixed signals. The frustration is unbearable; maybe I should take a holiday and come back in a few weeks. weirdsmiley.gif

Rgds
LSM

neutron
post Posted: May 12 2005, 03:21 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks Lizard.

Agree LSM.

It will be very interesting seeing where the AUD, Gold and other majors are trading come Monday morning.

Though short-term speculators are of little consequence to the forex market, the same can't be said for larger, long term players.

Many of these must now decide whether its time to take profits and cover USD shorts or ride out the strength in the USD on the assumption USD weakness will re-assert.

Expect volatility and some nasty spikes, there would have been a lot of small trades entered on the USD long-side last night after the breakout. These may need to be punished first before the true direction is revealed.

LSM
post Posted: May 12 2005, 03:07 PM
  Quote Post

Gold in $AU has been range trading for years. If gold does decouple from the $US then I expect fireworks in the aussie goldies, they have really been hammered recently. I am not so sure that decoupling will occur though. Why would it? Gold went up because of: a) war and b) a falling $US. There is no more war and the $US is looking good again seeing interest rates are higher and yields in the US are becoming much more attractive against the risk of current US debt.

I expect gold to go down from here in all currencies and the aussie goldies will unfortunately face asx oblivion.

They’re on their last breath. Lest we forget.

All the best
LSM

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

Lizard
post Posted: May 12 2005, 02:58 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks Neutron. I have been watching the forex charts and hoping you would comment!

neutron
post Posted: May 12 2005, 02:30 PM
  Quote Post

Last night saw the long term trend line broken for EURUSD pair.

Forex markets are cruel and one last attempt at pushing the USD under water must be considered, however illogical it may seem.

If the majors do fall hard under the weight of the USD over the next few days (very likely now) it means GOLD must decouple from the USD, otherwise we could see GOLD also break its LT uptrend (USD).

neutron
post Posted: May 8 2005, 03:25 PM
  Quote Post

Again we are right above a lot of major support levels for majors against the USD, courtesy of Friday's NFP's.

As has been discussed here previously, USD downtrend must be considered mature and we should be alert to confirmation of major tops.

Reversal's of longterm trends don't come along very often (obviously) so they provide unique opportunities.

It will also be interesting to see how the Asian currencies hold onto their recent gains against non-USD majors.

neutron
post Posted: Apr 27 2005, 04:33 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks for your view Kahuna, most of the forex stuff tends to be TA based.

My understanding is that the USD downtrend is indeed mature and we must be alert to signs of a new trend.

Of course these things tend to happen when we have given up all hope and a sharp spike down in the USD index could be expected in this stage of the cycle.

Just had a very nice move down in the EURUSD, moves are so much cleaner when our American friends are still asleep.

Let's see if 1.2900 can hold - could all in turn around again tonight on the Durable Orders, either way, should be a good session.

135 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING