Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

25 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

PRN, PERENTI GLOBAL
blacksheep
post Posted: Jun 13 2018, 11:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: JSB's post @ Jun 13 2018, 07:24 AM

How very lucky indeed biggrin.gif

Mega lucky, I'd say lmaosmiley.gif At least those analysts who predicted a circa 27% downside got ASL right - see below extract from article I posted under STOCK PICKS 2018 thread

Sometimes mining is all about luck, and Sayers and Bartlett were lucky indeed. They saved $31.5 million and $12 million respectively by selling out earlier in the year. Too bad for the institutions that bought stock off them.

Best and Worst
ASX 200 stocks with largest upside/downside and at least 5 analyst ratings - includes SYR, BPT, ORE, GXY, ECX,ALS, and others

At the other end of the spectrum, the 14 analysts tracking Beach Energy Ltd. have a price target more than 27 percent below where it closed Friday, while those who follow commercial services company ALS Ltd. forecast a similar decline from current levels

SP up slightly this morning - $2.00 up 5.53%
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: JSB  

JSB
post Posted: Jun 13 2018, 07:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jun 12 2018, 12:44 PM

https://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/ron-s...20180612-h11a6e

How very lucky indeed biggrin.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Jun 12 2018, 12:44 PM
  Quote Post

Massive SP drop this morning following their Project Update ann

Hummingbird Resources Plc (Hummingbird) – Yanfolila
African Mining Services (AMS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Ausdrill (ASX: ASL) has
confirmed that following the recently advised security incident, mining operations at Yanfolila
are now operating at full capacity and development works have commenced at the Komana
West deposit.

Process Minerals International Pty Ltd (PMI) - Wodgina
Contract negotiations with respect to the Wodgina project continue with PMI. Whilst we remain
in discussions with PMI regarding the contract scope and possible opportunities beyond the
Wodgina project, we now expect the value of the contract to be approximately half the
previously announced $180 million over the initial three years.

Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines (KCGM) – Super Pit
Ausdrill advises that due to the recent wall failure at the Super Pit, our scope of works has
currently reduced by 35%
whilst the client reviews the longer-term mine planning. At this stage,
it is difficult to provide a definitive timeframe for the reduction and we continue to work closely
with KCGM as they develop their future plans.

https://thewest.com.au/business/mining/ausd...s-ng-b88863901z
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: JSB  

blacksheep
post Posted: May 30 2018, 04:00 PM
  Quote Post

Clash in Mali kills three at Ausdrill mine project
Peter WilliamsThe West Australian
Wednesday, 30 May 2018 12:32PM

At least three people in Mali have died in a clash between security forces and opponents of a mining project expansion in which WA contractor Ausdrill is involved.

Ausdrill today said it had confirmed that employees of its African Mining Services subsidiary were safe.

Hummingbird Resources, operator of the Yanfolila goild mine, said it understood the deaths occurred when a group of opponents acted to stop the company from carrying our site preparations

The company has been informed by the Malian National Guard that while upholding the rule of law, requested of them by the Government of Mali, a security incident occurred,” Hummingbird said in statement.

“Very regrettably, we have been informed that this incident has led to the loss of at least three lives(two of which are believed not to be Malian nationals).

“The company expresses its sincerest condolences to the families of the deceased and others affected by this incident.”

UK-listed Hummingbird said its employees and contractors were safe.

AMS has a $147 million, three-year contract to provide mining services for Yanfolila. It had expected to employ about 450 mostly local workers at the project.

Hummingbird said it had previously agreed with local community leaders, the Mali’s Ministry of Mines and local government to extend mining operations within its permit area to the Komana West deposit.

“In recent days, a limited number of people in the local area have disputed the company’s plan.” The company said the opponents had acted unilaterally to stop the preparatory work.

The Mali Government holds a 20 per cent stake in the mine. Hummingbird said 95 per cent of the workforce were Malian nationals.

https://thewest.com.au/business/mining/clas...t-ng-b88851538z

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 27 2018, 02:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: JSB's post @ Feb 27 2018, 02:27 PM

I bet he didn't think of that biggrin.gif

Mind you, I think if I were in his boots I would have done the same - one never knows what happens to the fortunes a company when you leave it in someone elses hands. He did the hard work, he should be able to walk away with the rewards. He's been in the job a long time - 30 years I think.

--------------------

JSB
post Posted: Feb 27 2018, 02:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Feb 27 2018, 01:29 PM

...could have put it in escrow if that's really what he's concerned about?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 27 2018, 01:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Feb 26 2018, 03:27 PM

Good timing I guess - SP on a high

Ausdrill founder and outgoing managing director Ron Sayers says he sold his $100 million stake in the drilling services group to avoid lingering uncertainty over the holding.

Mr Sayers confirmed this morning that the stake was offloaded last night to institutional investors via a block sale.

Ausdrill shares closed on Monday at $2.86.

Mr Sayers said the sale took advantage of the trading window available for company officers after the release of yesterday’s interim results.

“Further, following my decision to retire, I also wanted to ensure that speculation regarding a sale of my shareholding did not distract investors from the ongoing strong performance of the business,” Mr Sayers said.

“I remain fully committed to the company I founded until a new managing director is ready to assume the leadership.”

Mr Sayers earlier this month announced he was retiring after nearly 30 years at the helm of Ausdrill.

https://thewest.com.au/business/mining/depa...l-ng-b88757258z
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 26 2018, 03:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Feb 1 2018, 11:14 AM

SP up 7.92% today following release of 1H FY18 results
Overview
■ All key safety indicators improved during the period
■ Sales revenue of $439.7 million, up 17.9%
■ Profit from continuing operations of $35.3 million, up
163.5%
■ Basic earnings per share 10.31 cents per share, up 140.3%
■ Fully franked interim dividend of 3.5 cents per share
declared
■ More than $400 million in contract extensions and new work
won since 30 June 2017
■ Cash reserves of $218.6 million and improved gearing of
17.5% provides strong balance sheet and flexibility to fund
growth
■ On target to achieve earnings guidance of 40% uplift for
FY18
■ Operating cash flow impacted by increase in working capital
for three new project start-ups

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 1 2018, 11:14 AM
  Quote Post

Up 5.36% on this news -
AUSDRILL RECEIVES LETTER OF INTENT FOR NEW CONTRACT AT WODGINA
Diversified mining services company Ausdrill Limited (ASX: ASL) is pleased to
announce that it has received a letter of intent for a new three-year contract with
Process Minerals International Pty Ltd (PMI), a subsidiary of Mineral Resources
Limited, at its Wodgina lithium mine, located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
Final award is subject to finalisation of contract terms and conditions, and the execution
of the contract.

The contract is expected to generate revenue of approximately $180 million over the
three-year term. Ausdrill will provide drill and blast services at the Wodgina project,
using 29 drill rigs and 150 personnel on site.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Aug 18 2015, 03:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Apr 30 2015, 11:52 AM

I keep this on my watchlist to remind me of at least one smart decision I made.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

25 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING