Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

22 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

RSG, RESOLUTE MINING LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 9 2018, 12:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Aug 7 2017, 03:48 PM

Aussies have eyes on world's first fully autonomous underground gold mine in Africa's Mali
ABC Goldfields By Jarrod Lucas
The rollout of driverless trucks, loaders and drills at the $US223 million Syama gold mine in Mali should be complete before the end of the year.

Perth-based Resolute Mining said the only jobs likely to go in the shake-up are the highly-paid foreign workers being flown in at great cost, with the 1,500-strong workforce made up of about 80 overseas professionals.

"Rather than focusing on putting in wells in local villages and handing out school books, we're focused on upskilling, training and empowering the local workforce," Resolute's managing director John Welborn said

]Automation 'not about cutting jobs'[/b]
Mr Welborn estimated the rollout of automated equipment at Syama will cost an additional $10-$15 million upfront, but he said it will boost productivity, cut mining costs by up to 30 per cent and increase safety.

There will be about 22 pieces of automated equipment operating at Syama.

"Automation is often seen through the prism of a vehicle factory where you blow the whistle and sack 200 of your assembly line workers and replace them with robots or a large group of sewing machine operators who can be replaced by a machine," Mr Welborn said.

"That's not how we see automation.

"I often get asked about the political impacts of automation in Africa, with the perception that governments will be concerned we're laying off workers.

"What we're doing has very little to do with reducing workforce — it has everything to do with efficiency and productivity."

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Aug 7 2017, 03:48 PM
  Quote Post

News from Diggers & Dealers -> extract

Resolute Mining is eyeing a potentially game-changing discovery adjacent to its 8 million-ounce Syama underground mine in Mali.
Addressing delegates at the Diggers and Dealers Mining Forum in Kalgoorlie today, managing director and chief executive John Welborn said the Nafolo discovery had the potential to transform the scale of Syama.

https://thewest.com.au/business/diggers-dea...i-ng-b88560563z
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Sep 6 2016, 09:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bg99's post @ Sep 6 2016, 08:04 AM

so, it's 100% franking or 990 Fineness?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

bg99
post Posted: Sep 6 2016, 08:04 AM
  Quote Post

RSG moves into the ASX200, fully franked gold coins ? looks like they are taking a stake in MSR

nipper
post Posted: Aug 30 2016, 03:03 PM
  Quote Post

It's the ultimate golden handshake: resurgent gold miner Resolute Mining has hatched a novel plan that will allow its shareholders to receive their dividends in the form of actual gold.

Resolute, which mines gold in Africa and Queensland, announced this morning that investors with 5,000 Resolute shares or more can elect to be paid their dividend in gold through The Perth Mint.

Resolute managing director John Welborn described the policy as "unique.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mcart117
post Posted: Feb 16 2014, 08:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 3 2014, 02:47 PM

RSG seems to be approaching a fib level and an historic resistance level. On the board there is resistance at 70c, with nearly 300k of sell orders at the close. I am one of them, reasonably close to the front, but I can't decide whether or not to pull it and hope for a surge on to the 50% fib level around 78c. Gold powered on, after our close, in the Western markets to finish just shy of 1320, a level not seen since early November. Coincidentally (or not) that 70c resistance for RSG was not quite hit on 7 November last year. And it was all blood and tears for several weeks after that.

I'll decide what to do in the morning. weirdsmiley.gif

mcart117
post Posted: Feb 4 2014, 09:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 3 2014, 02:47 PM

Thanks Arty, nice chart.

I don't follow Range Resources (RRS), but RSG has treated me well in the past and I'm hoping it will again. Might have bitten off more than it can chew recently, but here's hoping for a swift recovery!

arty
post Posted: Feb 3 2014, 02:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 24 2014, 12:54 PM

tried a few swingers, but quit the last one earlier today. Not enough in it.
Split the cash between TRY (yayy!) and RRS (very speccie!)

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mcart117  

arty
post Posted: Jan 24 2014, 12:54 PM
  Quote Post

It's been a fair slide over the years,
... but the weekly chart seems to suggest a recovery in progress. Indicators resemble those in mid-2012.

Attached Image

On the Daily chart, recent Sell/ Short arrows are being overturned.

Attached Image

I'm not buying yet, but set an alert for a break of Primary Resistance (FTFF) at 65c - probably a little lower for luck.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mcart117
post Posted: Nov 20 2013, 12:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Nov 20 2013, 06:12 AM

Nor mine, but thanks for that snippet, Triage.

I've read that RSG not only bought shares but also lent about $85m, so it probably makes sense to grab an asset out of the mess. I also read something about $25m being spent by Noble on an office fit out - sounds a bit like that catholic priest in Germany!

Anyway the SP has recovered a bit now, and gold is not moving, so the market must be absorbing the idea with better humour.

Wait and see now I guess. smile.gif

22 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING