Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

250 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CZD, CALZADA LIMITED
Bill Gates
post Posted: Nov 22 2014, 09:23 AM
  Quote Post

Getting rid of AOD9604 ?

I sincerely hope that they take their time and get the best deal possible.
Otherwise....
One could be forgiven for suspecting that shareholder interests were not totally paramount.
And that wouldn't do now, would it ? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
[b]DARN, DARN, DARN, DARN! [/b]

moosey
post Posted: May 4 2012, 11:27 AM
  Quote Post

Bioshares 14 April 2012
Edition 450

Big Year for Calzada Ahead
with Two Clinical Trials Underway

http://www.calzada.com.au/files/uploads/Bi...es450rbpCZD.PDF
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Bioshares450rbpCZD.pdf ( 34.73K ) Number of downloads: 666

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

moosey
post Posted: Jan 29 2012, 12:31 PM
  Quote Post

http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/ebm...ne_wound_model_

Greenwood JE, Dearman BL
Comparison of a sealed, polymer foam biodegradable temporizing matrix against integra® dermal regeneration template in a porcine wound model. [Journal Article]
J Burn Care Res 2012 Jan; 33(1):163-73.

The aim of this study is to develop and optimize the first stage of a proposed two-stage skin graft replacement strategy. This entails creation of a material that can be applied immediately after burn excision to "temporize" the wound bed, become integrated as a "neodermis," resist contraction and infection, and provide the grounding for the second stage (an autologous, cultured composite skin). Four 8 × 8 cm wounds were generated in six pigs to assess and compare wound contraction using Integra® dermal regeneration template, a biodegradable temporizing polymer matrix (sealed and unsealed), and a secondary intention wound. All dressings were contiguous. Infection resulted in early spontaneous delamination of the Integra® marring the long-term comparison. The wounds treated with the sealed polymer thus contracted significantly less than the wounds treated with Integra® over the 28 days. Histologically, a thick layer of scar developed superficial to the Integra®, unsealed polymer, and in the secondary intention wounds when compared with the sealed polymer, where such a scar layer was characteristically minimal. No clinical signs of infection were observed for any polymer-treated wound. Once the Integra® silicone layer delaminated, wound contraction was aggressive. Optimization of the biodegradable sealing membrane is imminent, and the second stage of composite skin development is under way.

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

Said 'Thanks' for this post: carneius  

moosey
post Posted: Jan 29 2012, 12:02 PM
  Quote Post

When Calzada announced that the trial of Novosorb would use BTM and Foam, well I think most people thought they would be comparing it to the foam they use in burns treatment today? I know I thought that anyway, but it seems that wasn't the case, it seems Calzada were trialling a new foam they have developed themselves, it may need more refinement but it seems it will be the cheapest and best burns treatment on the market soon perhaps?

http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/ebm...te_and_delayed_

itle Split skin graft application over an integrating, biodegradable temporizing polymer matrix: immediate and delayed.

Author(s) Greenwood JE, Dearman BL

Institution From the *Adult Burn Centre and †Skin Engineering Laboratory, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia.
Source J Burn Care Res 2012 Jan; 33(1):7-19.

Abstract The objective of this study is to further investigate the NovoSorbâ„¢ biodegradable polyurethane in generating dermal scaffolds; to perform a pilot study comparing the previously used spun mat against a recently developed NovoSorbâ„¢ foam, ascertaining the optimum structure of the matrix; and to evaluate the successful matrix as an immediate adjunct to split skin grafting and as a temporizing matrix in a prospective six-pig study. A pilot study comparing a previously investigated form of the polymer (spun mat) against a new structural form, a foam, was performed. This was followed by a six-pig study of the foam matrix with three treatment arms-autologous split skin graft alone, polymer foam with immediate engraftment, and polymer foam with delayed engraftment. The foams allowed less wound contraction than the spun mats. The foam structure is less dense (cheaper to produce and having less degradation products). The material remained in situ despite clinical wound infection. Proof of concept was achieved in both treatment modalities in the main study. Split skin graft applied immediately over the polymer foam was able to engraft successfully. The result was "thicker" to pinch and "flush" with the skin surrounding the wound. There was no significant difference in the degree of wound contraction between the graft alone and the polymer plus immediate graft groups. Split skin graft also "took" when applied to the surface of a polymer that had been applied to a wound 11 days earlier, again with a thicker result, flush with the surrounding skin. Split skin grafts alone left a persisting depression. However, a significant degree of wound contraction (compared with the other two groups) was observed in the polymer plus delayed graft group. This has prompted further investigation into "sealing" the polymer foam with a membrane, to prevent evaporative water loss, when the foam is to be used as a biodegradable temporizing matrix. The studies indicate that the NovoSorbâ„¢ platform will allow the creation of two inexpensive dermal matrix products; an immediate scaffold to allow a thicker grafting result and a biodegradable temporizing matrix (BTM) for wound integration after burn debridement while donor sites become reharvestable. However, further modification on the BTM structure is necessary to further reduce wound contraction pregrafting.
Language eng
Pub Type(s) Journal Article

PubMed ID 22079917

http://www.woundsinternational.com/news/bi...n-victims-lives

Biodegradable seal to improve burn victims' lives
<h2 class="meta">Complex wounds, Infection, Skin integrity</h2> An inexpensive, biodegradable wound seal has been discovered, which aims to improve the lives of burn victims in developing countries, and protects burn wounds while replacement skin is being grown in a laboratory. In 2009, it was estimated by the World Health Organisation (WHO) that 95% of burn victims are from low to middle-income countries. Acute care is inconstant in these countries, and inexpensive ways of dealing with large populations of burn victims are needed.

The new sealing matrix, called Novosorb (Novoskin), made of polymer fibres, prevents infection and inflammation and protects damaged skin while patients wait for enough skin to be grown to cover their wounds effectively. Skin grafts can often dry out and shrink, as they do not auto-hydrate, which makes them uncomfortable.

Skin grafts also leave deep visible scarring, as they do not always resist wound contraction. They can also leave blemishing where the skin has been taken for a graft. Only a 10mm square of skin is needed to grow new cells in a laboratory and Novosorb keeps the wound site moist and protected until the new skin is ready.

'If we can get the price low enough you can use it anywhere and that's what I want to leave behind, a legacy of treating burns patients in poor nations,' said Novosorb developer, Dr John Greenwood.

Click here to see the original study.

Image: A young Afghan girl from Kandahar Province is treated for burns on approximately 30% of her body by Afghan doctors and U.S. military nurse mentors. Credit: isafmedia on Flickr.

--------------------

moosey
post Posted: Jun 3 2011, 11:47 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Jun 2 2011, 12:10 PM

Well we got an answer much quicker than I would have thought, via today's release from Calzada.

In it they state that they will be investigating the used of AOD9604 as a dietary supplement which will be oral, they say they will be looking at a new delivery method, what's the bet it involves TPM this time around!

It was a pretty good update all in all, things are starting to look up at long last!
Thank god they didn't hive off AOD9604 as they now say the money derived from the partnership with Phosphagenics for body shaper will be substantial!

Just to add to this, Dr Esra Ogru, Phosphagenics co CEO worked under Dr Frank Ng she did her thesis on AOD9604 for PHD so she is well and truly up with the mechanism that AOD9604 uses as well as TPM delivery , in fact I was told she was the one that found the path between the two.

--------------------

moosey
post Posted: Jun 2 2011, 12:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: dayz's post @ Jun 2 2011, 10:28 AM

Dayz , this was from http://www.bioinvest.com.au/Phosphagenics/.

Business model:
The company does "Production, sale and licensing of products for the nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industries." It is not a developing any block buster drug that cures diseases. Instead it develops and owns technologies for drug delivery that are Transdermal, Dermal and Oral (Phospha E, TPM).

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

moosey
post Posted: Jun 2 2011, 11:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: dayz's post @ Jun 2 2011, 10:28 AM

From what I have been told dayz, the TPM delivery applies equally as well as through the dermis, it can be via a nasal delivery or also oral, I am not a chemist so I don't fully understand the mechanisms involved, or why it would be better say orally as against what Metabolic tried when it went the oral route, but I am led to believe the outcomes are different , for what reasons I just don't know? perhaps someone better qualified may wish to comment?

--------------------

dayz
post Posted: Jun 2 2011, 10:28 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Jun 1 2011, 05:57 PM

Hi Moosey, I have not researched this specific trans-dermal delivery technology (so please correct me if I am missing something) but my initial feeling is that it will be specific for trans-dermal delivery and unlikely to extend to oral delivery. The conditions in the stomach are very different from the skin, i.e. acidic and with a alot more water around. My guess would be that any short response from Dr Esra might be because it is not a very good idea. Nasal delivery can be done just with a saline solution of peptide, but some additives are available for enhancement, I haven't seen reference to TPM as a nasal-delivery agent so I am not too sure if it is suitable. An extract from an old article is pasted below as some background.

"In the age of advanced peptide, protein, and vaccine research,

nasal administration of such compounds provides an

attractive delivery route. In case of oral administration, the

bioavailability of protein molecules tends to be relatively low

due to their large molecular size and rapid enzymatic degradation.

Because of their physicochemical instability and susceptibility

to hepato-gastrointestinal “first pass” elimination,

peptide/protein drugs are generally administered parenterally.

It is on this background that intranasal administration seems

a promising option. Most nasal formulations of peptide/protein

drugs have been made up in simple aqueous or saline

solutions with preservatives. Recently, more R&D work has

been directed towards the development of nasal drug delivery

systems for peptide/proteins. Currently, in the United States

only four intranasal pharmaceutical products for systemic

delivery have been marketed i.e. desmopressin (DDAVP),

lypressin (Diapid), oxytocin (Syntocinon), and nafarelin acetate

(Synarel)."

--------------------
Quisque suos patimur manes

moosey
post Posted: Jun 1 2011, 05:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: dayz's post @ May 21 2011, 05:37 PM

I went to the POH AGM yesterday , this is part of what I posted on HC (with a few minor changes) about the meeting and the conversations afterward!

Someone from the floor asked during question time whether AOD9604 could be used in conjunction with TPM for Oral delivery? something that I too was wondering, Dr Esra gave more a short response but more or less cut the question off very quickly? I'm not sure here but it seemed to me her body language was saying more than she did ? perhaps this is a path that Calzada may take, but it won't be cheap as it means full investigation as a drug again perhaps would be required? but I did ask Dr Esra in person after the meeting whether you could use AOD9604 in combination with TPM as a nasal spray delivery and she said (from what I recall, and not wanting to put words into her mouth, so I hope I got this right?)why would you bother when you could do that orally? so in a way she answered the question anyway I believe?

Anyway the meeting was upbeat for the most, and I am really glad that Calzada saw the error of their ways by pulling the idea of giving away half the AOD9604 tech to ATW and paying for the privilege of doing so, because it would seem that it may still have another shot in the locker.

--------------------

dayz
post Posted: Jun 1 2011, 01:05 PM
  Quote Post

Does anyone know what percentage of the profits or turnover from the cellulite cream goes to CZD ? Is it shared equally with POH ?
Thanks,
dayz

--------------------
Quisque suos patimur manes

250 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING