Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TTS, TATTS GROUP LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 17 2017, 10:58 AM
  Quote Post

Currently in a TH pending announcement re ACCC decision on the Tabcorp/Tatts merger.

The $11 billion tie-up of wagering giants Tabcorp and Tatts is in the home straight, again, after the Australian Competition Tribunal once more gave its approval to the deal on Friday morning.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/tabcorp-...116-gzn8wh.html
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Oct 5 2017, 07:24 PM
  Quote Post

Online gambling company Lottoland, which lets Australians punt on lottery outcomes rather than buy tickets in the draw, could come under tough new restrictions.

New South Wales has become the latest gaming jurisdiction to signal a clampdown on online bookmakers including Lottoland who take bets on lottery outcomes, a business sometimes referred to as "synthetic lotteries".

"Synthetic lotteries do not have the same level of consumer protection as domestic lotteries," Deputy Premier John Barilaro said.

"Our concern is that many customers buy tickets in a synthetic lottery, believing they're entering a lottery, when in fact they are betting on the outcome of that lottery."
... though sadly the eager participants in such products don't necessarily have the skills to differentiate, reacting to the headline jackpot rather that the underlying construction of said offerings.

"Lotteries are a tax on those who didn't pay attention during mathematics or probabilities classes when young"

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Oct 19 2016, 10:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Oct 19 2016, 09:35 AM

and bringing out the headline punsters:

Jackpot for Tatts shareholders

Tatts investors look set to win big from the Tabcorp deal and the benefits could balloon should a rival bid arise

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Oct 19 2016, 09:35 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 10 2016, 02:23 PM

Well, it looks like TAH is going to get that free gift now that they have announced the merger.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Oct 10 2016, 02:23 PM
  Quote Post

Tatts Group is one of the biggest companies on Sandon Capital's radar. The fund managers think its wagering and lotteries businesses should be separated and they would no support a zero-premium tie-up with Tabcorp. Tatts should spin off or sell wagering, argues Gabriel Radzyminski. "Having a physical network of betting shops was incredibly valuable. It's not anymore, the world has changed," he says.

"We believe that if lotteries were a standalone business it would be significantly more valuable than being bundled up with the wagering business. Generally speaking our view is the market reverts to the lowest common denominator."

Campbell Morgan, also of SNC, thinks that lotteries is a "phenomenal" business and has properties similar to infrastructure. "There is no ongoing capital requirements," he says. "Over the 40-year life of the licence all the capital is upfront. This is why it's such a great business. It's actually working capital negative because you pay out after the customer buys the ticket. It's a self-funding business."

That's why they think a zero-premium merger with Tabcorp would only benefit Tabcorp shareholders. "Given what we think the lotteries business is worth, it would have been a free gift of over a billion dollars to Tabcorp shareholders, that is how we saw it," says Radzyminski.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: BobE  abner29  

watchmaker
post Posted: Mar 22 2015, 09:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: DJB1974's post @ Apr 20 2011, 07:25 PM

Amazing, the worlds largest asset manager has taken up a sizable position in TTS and nary a murmur. Then to boot, NAB have done the same

Said 'Thanks' for this post: grevillia  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

countess
post Posted: May 26 2011, 07:42 PM
  Quote Post

These guys who run these gambling businesses r very astute and r forward planners and have a lot up their sleeves. the divi u get is very good and with the mining boom already started then they will want a share of the miners money by hook or by crook. I say, hold and add if u c a positive move on the price today.

DJB1974
post Posted: Apr 20 2011, 07:25 PM
  Quote Post

Any thoughts on Tatts? will it go back up to its high levels of $2.60 in december or is it doomed to hand around where it is now?

BSA
post Posted: Jan 6 2009, 08:27 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: BSA on Monday 29/12/08 08:21am

At resistance of ascending triangle and 9 month basing pattern.

Closed above on increasing volume, but not knee wobbling volume....
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

BSA
post Posted: Dec 29 2008, 09:21 AM
  Quote Post

At resistance of ascending triangle and 9 month basing pattern.

--------------------

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING