Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Tools to research the markets, To research the past and to prepare for the future
cso1
post Posted: Dec 12 2004, 08:05 PM
  Quote Post

http://stockcharts.com/charts/performance/SPSectors.html

http://stockcharts.com/charts/summarycarpet.html

Livas1
post Posted: Dec 12 2004, 06:08 PM
  Quote Post

Hi everyone

I thought it would be interesting to start a discussion on what tools/websites people use to research/stay in touch with the markets.

So what do I mean? For example:

A daily email with a summary of the Aussie market?
A daily summary of what took place overnight in overseas markets?

In terms of research:

What tools do people use for asset allocation decisions?
How do people decide which sectors will be likely to perform well/not well over a given period?
Methods for staying in touch with market trends (eg oil/china effect/nanotech etc etc)

So I guess there are two aspects to this topic.. one what do people use for a summary of the past, and two, what do people use to help them invest for the future? graduated.gif

I figure it would be great to share the tools/methods/websites people use as part of their trading and investment strategy.

For example, I use a couple of research reports that combine TA and FA. I receive daily emails from some US websites. I guage sentiment from speaking to colleages.. etc etc.

Look forward to the discussion! lmaosmiley.gif

Cheers
Livas1

--------------------
LIVE BIG
Embrace the moment!
Life is a journey not a destination
The only thing that moves markets is surprise...
"The wisest men follow their own direction" - Euripides
People sell stocks for many reasons, but they buy for only one...

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING