Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Nice features
colaiscute
post Posted: Nov 18 2003, 11:23 AM
  Quote Post

hahaha... how did the test go? biggrin.gif

--------------------
colaiscute

stainless
post Posted: Nov 18 2003, 11:16 AM
  Quote Post

just a test post to see how it works unsure.gif

The_Muns
post Posted: Nov 17 2003, 07:54 PM
  Quote Post

Thanks, I think you answered my question biggrin.gif

--------------------
The_Muns

People who follow me are bigger fools than I.

ADMIN2
post Posted: Nov 17 2003, 07:45 PM
  Quote Post

Hi All,

With regards to the question of scalability the board is currently running on a great server. It is in the world largest datacenter with 100mbit of bandwith avaliable. In other words, it can take thousands of people surfing at once! smile.gif

But of course, we wont be slack, and if things grow fast we may accept some advertising to pay for a dedicated server to keep things running super smooth for the community! smile.gif

One thing I can guarantee is that we aim for things to work very well, which will be a great contrast to HC... and with the MSN take over and likely change to MSN MONEY system I'm even more worried!

Happy posting!
Andrew

colaiscute
post Posted: Nov 17 2003, 07:01 PM
  Quote Post

I know a friend who has the same forum setup on my hosting server. He has over 1000 members active at one time. This forum is tried and tested across all the net, and is the best avaliable. The problem with a system like hotcopper is that it is made from scratch, and as such has many idiosyncrocies built in. asxboard.com is built on many years of forum programming.

for examples of sites with 1 million+ posts using the same system, go to http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...showtopic=73039

Thanks for your compliments! Keep the posts coming!

--------------------
colaiscute

one fat lady
post Posted: Nov 17 2003, 07:01 PM
  Quote Post

welcome to me on this new site, after being on HC for years it will take me a while to judge, but always willing to give a go

The_Muns
post Posted: Nov 17 2003, 06:56 PM
  Quote Post

Lets hope your right and have this forum matching or beating hotcopper. Mind you, it hasn't been tested with heavy traffic yet, so lets hope your set up can cope. tongue.gif

Great functionally though smile.gif

--------------------
The_Muns

People who follow me are bigger fools than I.

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING