Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

Live Quotes....
fraz2
post Posted: Jan 17 2004, 03:03 AM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY texas4qld, Thu 15/01/04 08:04am   [READ POST]

Good to hear you are up and running again -- I'm pretty impressed with the prompt and accurate attention with Jerry Medved it has always been so!! laughingsmiley.gif

--------------------
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

rotuma
post Posted: Jan 16 2004, 05:03 PM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY texas4qld, Fri 16/01/04 10:52am   [READ POST]

Really?!?! What a bunch of slack pr1cks!

--------------------
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has ever been taken from the Earth ..." Napoleon Hill

texas4qld
post Posted: Jan 16 2004, 10:52 AM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY brettan, Thu 15/01/04 09:12am   [READ POST]

Thats great to hear Brettan, I can remember when someone showed it to me (I think it was marco) a few years back I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Just be a bit careful with bandwidth usage.
I had the NAB in perth phone me and ask if I could decrease the amount of times it refreshed............true story.

Tex.

--------------------
The above comments are just my opinions, do your own research before deciding to buy or sell.

brettan
post Posted: Jan 15 2004, 09:12 AM
  Quote Post

I just installed and set up quote tracker with my currentl portfolio. Super impressed with this software!!!!!!!!!!!!

texas4qld
post Posted: Jan 15 2004, 07:04 AM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY fraz2, Mon 12/01/04 01:34pm   [READ POST]

I received this email from Jerry Medved
---------------------
Motley fool - read this:
http://boards.quotetracker.com/board/showf...hp?Number=17203

StockWatch - need to use a custom symbol format: X.SYMBOL where X is the exchange - N for NYSE and Q for NASDQ
----------------------------

it appears that even though I was registered with Motley fool my account had not been activated, this new requirement to access the motley fool quotes has only started on January 1st, hence thats why my data was avaiable before xmas but not after.

Thanks again.

Tex.

--------------------
The above comments are just my opinions, do your own research before deciding to buy or sell.

texas4qld
post Posted: Jan 12 2004, 03:08 PM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY fraz2, Mon 12/01/04 01:34pm   [READ POST]

thanks fraz2
I have sent them an email.
I'll let you know the outcome.

Tex.

--------------------

fraz2
post Posted: Jan 12 2004, 01:34 PM
  Quote Post

I don't follow US stocks however in the past when I have trouble with my broker they have changed the logon scripts. Usualy an update will identify if this has happened and you can select which ones you need to update.
If not use the email contact to Gerry Medved he is usually very responsive bearing in mind US time. Occasionally quotetracker has not picked up on changes and notifying them allows them to check it out for you.
Goodluck Fraz2

--------------------

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

texas4qld
post Posted: Jan 12 2004, 01:25 PM
  Quote Post

IN REPLY TO A POST BY fraz2, Mon 12/01/04 01:17pm   [READ POST]

Hi Fraz2

Perhaps you could help me out ?
I use quotetracker to monitor U.S. stocks.....I use Motley fool for the data feed, just recently I have not been able to get updates.

Any ideas welcome.

Tex.

--------------------

fraz2
post Posted: Jan 12 2004, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

I have to agree I've been using it for years if you have a large watchlist it can take a while to update but if it is small you can update at whatever speed your broker can handle. It has all types of alerts, co news updates, charts and the tech support is great and prompt even for the free version.
Cheers FRaz2

--------------------

texas4qld
post Posted: Jan 12 2004, 12:59 PM
  Quote Post

R/Ross[/QUOTE]
It's a nice piece of software, and a great way to get feed if you're just dealing with one of the online banks that have shocking graphics and data display.
Off course it doesn't compare to aotonline.com.au which costs around $80 a month but really makes a big difference.

keep pressing the buttons and stuff, but if you get really stuck then just post your questions so the rest of the forum ghosters can pick up the details.

p.s. try the different colour schemes.

Tex.

--------------------

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING