Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

US Election
early birds
post Posted: Nov 13 2016, 01:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: marketwinner's post @ Nov 13 2016, 11:47 AM

i don't think he can hold himself vary long
soon enough he will show his 'din don' again and this time is to the world . weirdsmiley.gif
never care the any election results before
but when i saw a picture of a young girl lay her head on Hillary's shoulder with tears, the sadness strikes me.
and i don't even like Hillary.

marketwinner
post Posted: Nov 13 2016, 11:47 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 9 2016, 10:42 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/no...transition-team

Donald Trump, pragmatist? President-elect's stances seem to shift after win

early birds
post Posted: Nov 9 2016, 10:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Nov 9 2016, 09:56 PM

"It's the end of an era, that of neoliberalism. What will succeed it, is yet to be known, unsure.gif
==============

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 9 2016, 09:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 7 2016, 05:03 PM

You heard it here first, back on July 7th 2016.

I love making predictions.
My prediction this week is that Donald Trump will be the next POTUS.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 01:15 PM
  Quote Post

Nate Silver famously predicted Obama's success, then got Trump very wrong
...with some time to reflect on the problem, I also wonder if there's been too much #datajournalist self-flagellation. Trump is one of the most astonishing stories in American political history.

If you really expected the Republican front-runner to be bragging about the size of his anatomy in a debate, or to be spending his first week as the presumptive nominee feuding with the Republican speaker of the House and embroiled in a controversy over a tweet about a taco salad, then more power to you.

Since relatively few people predicted Trump's rise, however, I want to think through his nomination while trying to avoid the seduction of hindsight bias. What should we have known about Trump and when should we have known it?
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-i-...n-donald-trump/

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 11:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Jul 11 2016, 10:57 AM

There was an episode of The Simpsons where Doald was POTUS.
It must be an omen.
Mick

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

Sorry Mick but I predicted that about last August. Not so sure now.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 7 2016, 05:03 PM
  Quote Post

I love making predictions.
My prediction this week is that Donald Trump will be the next POTUS.
Mick

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Nov 9 2008, 03:34 PM
  Quote Post

One of the guys on the Jim Lehrer news report made a comment which I found not only amusing but fairly apropos as well.
What he said was something like: a lot of the people voting Democrat were leaving home to move into their own apartment with a view to moving eventually into their own house, whereas most of the people voting Republican were leaving their home to move into a rest home with a view to moving on to a funeral home.
I never disclose how I vote but I don't want to think about which group I might come under.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

jfgao
post Posted: Nov 7 2008, 11:47 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: triage on Friday 07/11/08 10:23am

Just as the Russians have the "right" to relocate a couple nukes to a place, in their own bkyrd, which just "happens" to border Poland (definitely a coincidence huh?), the Wall St Houdinis have the "right" to feign death by a thousand shorts. We also are fully entitled to our "right" to play along in this game of pretend coppers and robbers...Oh, and there's nothing nobody can do about it all cuz even if the markets were to get the merest of a whiff of regulatory enforcement, the intent to exert control will be instantly construed and ostracized as an act of totalitarianism. We love deomcracy because democracy imbues upon all participants their sovereign "right" to behave like the @55h0le$ they intrinsically are - even if it's only being utilized as a temporary basis for our pathetic excuses. Just ask Putin and his Bolshevik cohorts. The Russians have been savvy for a long time now and it only took them 13 odd days in the month of October back in 1992 to work things out.

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING