Index Trading

Danville

well then, eb: Would you now at least consider the possibility that our shares "were MADE to drop" for the benefit of option writers?

Nothing is certain in this game, but we'll know after tomorrow, maybe next week, whether today was a one-day wonder or more.

btw, don't anybody come blaming shortsellers again: If a big fund wishes for a share to go down, they can achieve that aim by way of selling their own stock and buying it back for less. No need to "borrow" or be caught naked.

Of course, us "bluddy daytraders" must also reject any attempts to blame us :)

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• early birds

• Danville

• arty

• blueice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that's really over played at our market today!!

if i guess right, we should see it all over CNBC, BLOOMBERG, especially FOX bissiness channel, to ask this blunt manipilation.

you guys should email them ask who is the 'black hand" pull the strings for today's sell offs. because TOL won't contribute this magnitude fall.

currently i sit on big pile of aussie longs, and just shorted BLT RIO at UK market as both nearly trade at flat from yesterday's closing price.

also shorted spx at 1101.

the hedgging shorts will be closed at their market clossing bell!

wish me luck guys, i do need it!!

EB,

I'm trading ES and scalping but was happy 1100.50 to 1098.50 where i took all except for a free carry runner.added another @1099 about 30 mins ago, see if we get some more downside.

Looking for 1094 before the bounce.

I'm very short term.

Cheers, M

http://www.cnbc.com/id/35581471

even funnier,

every man and his dog knows GS JPM UBS eg.. did the job

evry time they mention Volker rule" those sharks go to buy greek CDS to scared cow of market! ;)

==================================================

It was these same kind of trades that nearly toppled the American International Group, the Times said, and is making it harder for Athens to raise the money it needs to pay its bills, according to traders and money managers.

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“ItÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s like buying fire insurance on your neighborÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s house ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ you create an incentive to burn down the house,ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ Philip Gisdakis, head of credit strategy at UniCredit in Munich, told the Times.

==============================================================================

old tricks always works! or is it this time??

U.S. stocks fell, erasing most of yesterdayÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s rally in the Standard & PoorÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s 500 Index, as MoodyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Investors Service said it may downgrade Greek debt and reports on jobs and manufacturing orders trailed forecasts. Equities also slumped as the cost of insuring against default on Greek government debt rose for a fourth day on concern ratings downgrades will cut the nationÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s access to European Central Bank funding. Credit-default swaps on Greece jumped 10 basis points to 394, the highest in more than two weeks, according to CMA DataVision prices at 2:45 p.m. in London.

The premium that investors demand to hold Greek 10-year bonds over German debt widened 16 basis points to 355 basis points, quadruple the average over the past five years.

Greece has to repay more than 20 billion euros ($27 billion) of maturing bonds and bills by the end of May, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. A MoodyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s downgrade may make it harder for the nationÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s banks to fund themselves by making Greek government debt ineligible as collateral for European Central Bank loans.

bloomberg.com