Index Trading

Danville

Can anyone confirm that the AUS200 June futures ran up when it reopened after close today? I am having trouble with data & a short position was closed out @ 3745 at 4.28pm.

Did it go this high? Highest on the ASX site for the entire day was 3740.

Thanks

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• early birds

• Danville

• arty

• blueice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi gang, Thought I would pop my head in the door .............been over at forex, waiting till its safe to come back to the stock market.........not safe yet, me thinks.

http://www.actionforex.com/fundamental-ana...-2009040784263/

"Equity markets are once again dancing to the voices of wise market sages who are sounding off about further declines for stocks. Hungarian billionaire George Soros, head of the Quantum Fund hinted that investors really don't get it at present as he told Bloomberg television that the banking system is actually insolvent and that what we're living through is a once in a lifetime event. Boom and Doom's Marc Faber, who originally lit the blue touch paper sending stocks into the relative stratosphere when he recently predicted a bold new bull market, turned tail even if only temporarily, and now prefers a 10% decline before stocks can rally into July."

If these guys will "tip me the nod" before they change their minds again?

cheers

aus

Morgan StanleyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Currency Strategy teamÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s 2009 Outlook

report, ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“Year of the Bear?ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ, centers around their view that

the year ahead will differentiate between two investment

environments: (i) early in 2009, they expect the dominant

theme to focus on continued fallout from the credit crisis

and the global economic slowdown; and (ii) later in the

year, an eventual upturn if and when the aggressive actions

by monetary and fiscal authority policy makers begin to

gain traction.

The team expects that policy makers may be slow to

withdraw stimulus, due to uncertainty surrounding the

timing and pace of an economic recovery. In addition,

they will need to remove the massive doses of stimulus

that have been injected at a gradual pace. Consistent with

the view that stimulus will be present in the financial

markets for a meaningful period of time to help restart

global growth, the Australian Dollar is poised to

restrengthen versus the U.S. Dollar. Australia is geared to

a global economic recovery through the countryÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s heavy

concentration in natural resources, in particular

commodities. In addition, if the Chinese slowdown proves

more shallow or the recovery more pronounced, the

Australia Dollar stands to benefit.

==================================================

Always hard to call blueice but I am cashed up and getting impatient waiting for the drop, I believe there is a large pull back on the way, always happens just when investors are starting to gain a bit of confidence.

FWIW, no I don't. I'm still thinking this is gonna be a relatively mild (500 pts dow) retrace before we march on for another week or 2. However, having said that, there may just be many who have done what I did - exit at least a portion of long term longs, happy to leave the last little bit to the other guy. This may make any round 2 for this rally come up a bit short before the wheels do come off later in the month.

As I posted last week, just playing the short side here for another day or 2 more.