Index Trading

Danville

Still holding my 1/4, the cash index now sitting at 112% of volatility target.

I liked how, on the intra chart it paid notice to the level I am working with, suggests sufficient others in the market are seeing similar to what I'm seeing.

Always good to have some indication you are working with the current version map.

112% of swing is not enough break of level for me to re-enter a position and chase. If I'm awake tonight to trade (doubtful) and this leg up continues past the 13th minute of cash trading, I'll chase.

I'm more likely to wake early Sat morning and see where the daily bar is about to close and take action from there.

I find am more relaxed about my trading than in past, happy to take a little bit out of each swing rather than trade more heavily, making the broker richer while incuring more stopped trades

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• early birds

• Danville

• arty

• blueice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When Carl Icahn put together an elaborate presentation on why he thought the stock market was in trouble, investors took notice ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ and started buying.

In fact, Icahn's doom-saying seems to have had just the opposite effect, with the market staging its strongest run of the year just as the famed activist investor pushed the opposite case.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/09/the-icahn-b...oom-stands.html

==========

as i said few days ago. "he is an asshole' who told market to sell sell sell, and he bought big chunk of freeport mac the same time as others in a panic"

no one is right 100% time of their analysis. but ican ------hmmmmm. i for one never trusted him.

now, market seems agree with me... :lol:

Last weeks move above 5150 implies a move to 5420 over the next 1-2 weeks. We suggest buying dips around the 5180 over the next few days placing stops under 5050 and looking to exit around 5420.

==========

seems a lot traders turned little bullish after market and commodities all had good last week.

hang on, looks still have more up side from current level.

Chinese trade data at 1. With estimates for a yoy drop in exports of 6% there is ample reason for caution trading xjo long today. Shipping container rates suggest the data will be in line with estimates.

I'm surprised to see the Dow is still tacking on gains without retracing. Alcoa result made no difference. Will see what JP Morgan comes out with tonight and if markets ignore what is likely to be a weak result, l had better rethink trying to scalp a retrace to 16800.

Err - that quote is fairly ridiculous if you consider where our index is right now after topping out at 6100. I've done quite well by getting out of stocks and going short the index . Not without it's risks to be sure, but I do know this strategy is proving a lot better than trying to buy resource stocks (or our index) on the way down which some have done since the index first dropped under 5800. I've kept saying iron ore has a long way to go before recovering. And now our banks are following suit. If the property sector really cools here (and it is only a matter of time) then I fail to see how banks will maintain profits and due to the weight these stocks carry in our index, it pretty much shoots down the case for going long.

Ergo it can be just as problematic going all in looking for a bounce if what you are really buying is a bear rally.

see many try to to play the short term market without stops or jump in and out like headless chicken

but when someone always come out with victory lap dance after the event that makes others feel so funny. ;)

back to market.

hold stocks with cash for our market. and some index longs.

asx200, stops 2150 target 5400.

a50 stops 9500 target 10450

Barra based on the theory of so goes January so goes the rest of the year but with a twist in that so goes July so goes the rest of our [Aussie] year , it implies xjo / xao will close June higher than last year . So if we are still below last years close surely it favours longs than shorts ? and implies we are not in a bear market ?

Technically the market might be in a bear market or may of been in a bear market but things change .

cheers gg

We don't see evidence of people speculating in house prices, we see house prices going up in response to supply and demand."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets-liv...l#ixzz3oanuBIfn

Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

===========

there is soooo many construction of new units everywhere, the over supply market will come either at end this year or mid of next year the latest.

but market already noticed it. that is why CBA dropped 97ish to 71ish now. sadly my shorts on CBA got stopped out near the top. but i didn't make preciction that CBA gonna go high as 131 like someone here. buy sell sell buy.... that makes a market!!

have things to share it here ---welcome !!

see many try to to play the short term market without stops or jump in and out like headless chicken

but when someone always come out with victory lap dance after the event that makes others feel so funny. ;)

What are we talking riddles?

Apart from getting on board the freakish government sponsored push for A50 which had you underwater for some time as I recall, where is the sense in your recent strategy of buying long xjo or big miners as it /they fell and fell and fell and all based on predictions that commodities would spring back when it would appear the opposite is happening? I would call that the actions of a headless chicken and I don't see you reporting the hair cuts which must surely have taken place if the stops were triggered over and over.