Index Trading

Danville

Is there no end to financial engineering?

I do agree it will end badly but where and when.

Will we see the dow at 20000 the S&P 2500 or higher?

No answers from me just think it is wise to not discount this market going higher.

The powers that be are hell bent on it so it would seem.

Stay neutral for now and open minded to any moves is my way of approaching the market.

Out of it all what worries me is how we are now not seeing any pullback which isnt treated as a buying opportunity.

The day will come when the pullback will catch the buyers.

But for now the music keeps playing so keep dancing.

Cs

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• early birds

• Danville

• arty

• blueice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goldman Sachs analysts believe the index may climb a bit higher before its ascent is over at least for the next 12 months. Strategist David Kostin and his team see the index rising to 2,150 in the next couple of monthsÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂanother 1 percent or so from its mid-day levels MondayÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂbefore seesawing around and ultimately settling around 2,100 by year's end

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102688014

============

kinda agree with this. but they better be right!! :unsure:

Former US Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke said that Australia would "have to respond" should a stubbornly high dollar begin to drag on the economy.

"If Australia finds it has a strong Australian dollar and it has higher unemployment, then it would have to respond and that would either be by increasing domestic demand or by weakening its own currency," Mr Bernanke said.

Speaking at the World Business Forum in Sydney on Thursday, Mr Bernanke also threw his weight behind prudential policies aimed at taking the steam out of residential property markets, saying measures such as those taken in Australia and New Zealand to limit higher risk lending were "the best approach" to dampen price concerns.

The former Fed boss was interviewed by Michael Stutchbury, editor in chief of The Australian Financial Review and Alan Oster, NAB chief economist.

"In Australia, the UK and other Commonwealth countries [they] are being particularly good at using various kinds of prudential policies to address concerns about housing prices, so I think that's the best approach."

"If we don't have those types of policies ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ and the fiscal policies won't do anything ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ then it's important that the central bank be allowed to use interest rates and monetary policy to achieve its macroeconomic objectives," he said.

Mr Bernanke recognised the effect of cheap money bidding up asset prices such as shares and property, but said it did not present a threat to the global financial system.

While "there certainly are examples where there's excessive risk taking", Mr Bernanke said he didn't see anything that "looks anything like the bubbles of the tech stocks in the late 90s or the housing market in the US in 2006

======================================

no bubble for sydney melbourne property market from Benny....... yeah right!! :lol:

Hey Eb

You been trading the dax lately?

Its been great trading especially last night.

Sell weakness buy strength from the 15M or 30M candles.

Keep the stops tight.

This has been working great for me.

The nikkei also good to buy on the dips until the trend is ending.

Cs

i didn't touch DAX for over a week already CS.

it is a good index for traders if you are good with TA.

my attention is with H-share at HK market witch is 30% discount to shanghai50{ blue chip index}, and it was trade 18% premium about 6 month ago.......

also hold few a50 witch took a big blow yesterday. :sadsmiley02:

Eb

If you want a simple system for trading the dax send me a PM.

Stumbled across a way to do this with a good win ratio.

No longer will I be sharing my ideas on the forum so if you want to know PM me.

Cs

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/for-the-f...ome_latest_news

Fed officials will gather on June 16-17 to sent policy for the next six weeks. While Fed officials have taken pains not to take a rate hike off the table at that meeting, economists donÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t think policymakers will have enough data to justify a rate hike. Most think the central bank will wait until September

=============

knowing what the Fed might move after the data is more important than put your own judgment for "wrong or right" for the Fed. :graduated:

A rate rise would only exacerbate the Greek problem.

The EU should have kicked Greece out years ago, instead of lending them any more euros under the pretense all is well.

Now the chickens come home to roost, and all global markets get the jitters:

post-20537-1433122581_thumb.jpg