Index Trading

Danville

Safe-haven bond markets succumbed to heavy selling once more on Tuesday, sending equity markets down sharply while the euro jumped 1 percent against the dollar.

The benchmark 10-year U.S. Treasury yield, which moves in the opposite direction to the price, rose to about 2.35 percent, the highest level since December, and Germany's 10-year Bund yield soared over 10 basis points to about 0.72 percent.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102670489

=========

2 thing nipper

1, if it's "greek" thingy then euro should've dived, not rallying

2, as you pin point out that bond market is the real threat ....as us 10 year's yields is over key resistance ---2.3%---that really scared market.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• early birds

• Danville

• arty

• blueice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Natural gas charts showing a longer term uptrend with in a rising channel.

Nice pattern forming and worth watching for the break.

Explanation below for those who do not follow chart patterns.

From Suri Duddella "Trade Chart Patterns Like The Pros

"Ascending Triangles" form when prices attempt to make "higher highs" and "lower lows"

suggesting a bullish price trend. The "Ascending triangle" is bound by two trendlines: a

horizontal line at the top and an upward slope trend line connecting the lower lows.

"Ascending triangles" form in any market and are quite reliable. The "Triangle" prices must

intersect the trend lines at least twice (each) before the pattern is complete. Usually at the third

or fourth attempt to trade outside the top trend line results in a breakout. Breakouts occur near

the apex of the triangle. This pattern has a high success rate as it meets its target about 75% of

the time.

http://i60.tinypic.com/21jacco.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/35hmwdy.png

Stockbroker BBY went into voluntary administration on Monday morning, after the proposed company-saving deal with George Wang could not be agreed.

BBY executive chairman Glenn Rosewall sent the following message to staff on Monday morning;

"I regret to inform staff that despite exhaustive efforts by the BBY board to secure investors to inject additional capital into BBY we have been unsuccessful.

Consequently, we had no option last night but to appoint administrators from KPMG to manage the firm, effective immediately. Ian Hall and Stephen Vaughan from KPMG have been appointed as voluntary administrators of BBY and a number of its subsidiaries.

The administrator will advise you of the new procedures for running the firm. Please keep 12 noon free for a conference call update from KPMG for all BBY staff.

In addition our bank St George has appointed receivers PPB over BBY and certain subsidiaries. KPMG and PBB are working through the practicalities of what this means for our staff and clients."

Multiple trading and investor sources told Street Talk Online on Monday morning that BBY staff had been told they would not be taking trades on Monday ahead of administration.

The Australian Financial Review reported on Monday that BBY was understood to be in final negotiations to secure a financial lifeline from George Wang's AIMS Financial Group and another backer as it seeks to shore up its capital position.

The funding package, which would give Mr Wang equity in BBY, was said to be worth $2.5 million to $3 million.

http://www.afr.com/street-talk/bbys-rosewa...20150518-gh3x7t

================

BBY BROKER is a full a service broker----------------------not CFDs not online broker--

from GFC till now, i only see those full sevice broker {big and small} go bust, but not CFDs and online broker, is this fact say something about where the real risk is???? :B):

When the swiss currency peg was dropped some were quick to say how risky the cfd providers are.

Yes FXCM had a issue and think it was Alpari and another cfd provider went down for good.

What was not mentioned is how other providers actually came out of the drop much stronger and also tightened market risk.

Numerous small caps go broke taking investors funds with them but I dont hear complaints about those like I do cfd providers.

In my opinion the cfd bashing crowd are those who cannot trade and have lost money. They continue the losing way by looking for

a scape goat for their lack of discipline in money management and the use of stop losses. They do not know where to enter the market and then set a stop loss right where it will be hit. But hey lets blame everything else but our own lack of skill and knowledge on trading.

Cs

Hi all , Carsha I think your understating how immoral /illegal some of the cfd and forex providers out there are . Have a read of this list on another forum and see some responses to what actually happened after the switz blow out .

Some cfd providers even changed their pds documents after the event and altered the dates to pre switz crap .

Cfd and forex providers are a scam hence the reason they were forbidden in the USA years ago .

http://www.financemagnates.com/forex/broke...ing-chf-crisis/

"IÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢m on Saxo. Not only they donÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t want to forgive negative balance, theyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ve created them by requoting legal trades 12 hours later!

STAY AWAY FROM SAXO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

cheers gg

Hi GG

Thanks for the list and information on cfd brokers.

I use a few different brokers to spread risk and to get a lower spread.

A few times Ive thought a price movement was suspect but its rare and over all I can only blame myself for losses.

Never had a problem getting funds out.

I remember reading one trader was complaining about a bank who traded cfds would not lend him 10K to trade with.

He thought because he managed to make money on a practice account that it was proof he could profit. So obviously

the cfd provider was unscrupulous for not lending him 10k what a clown and that's not an isolated story.

Point being there are plenty of morons around as well who blame anyone or anything for their own actions.

The one I love the most is the storm financial collapse in Townsville.

Trips to the Mediterranean and cash loans to greedy fools to get them to mortgage their houses then throw it all on a margin loan.

Seminars where the pitch was "your either with us or your out" hard sell type statements while apparently pure oxgyen was being pumped into the room to make the participants feel confident. The fees for the managed funds were outragous but you know greed has no boundaries when you get people thinking this is easy money. Then when it all turns to crap of cause its the banks fault. How could it be their fault for not doing the appropriate research on the risks involved. I would love the bank to give me a million and if I lose it forgive the loan how wonderful.

Sorry no sympathy here for that sort of behavior. I am a firm believer in being responsible for your own actions whether your dealing with an honest business or not.

I am sure there are cfd providers who stretch the rules just like any business your going to get dishonest providers.

At the end of the day if you don't trust cfd then don't use it.

Cs

Carsha I hear u and agree with much of what u say but do u know how many forex providers have been caught cheating clients ?

Do u know who gain capital owns ? do u know how much they were fined for cheating clients ?

Do u know how much fxcm were fined for scamming clients ? http://www.financemagnates.com/forex/broke...t-clients-back/

Boston tech off shoot , recently went belly up , whose owner was Boston Technology and who started the virtual dealer plug in that many meta trader platform brokers use to cheat clients out of their hard earnt . Maybe read this thread and u will note IKON got pinged as well ; http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/...ler-plugin.html

I have seen it happen in real time on one of my platforms as I always use a live futures price to check cfd pricing on indices and forex . Futures went one way and cfd the other way and the more we loaded up against the cfd provider the worse the price difference became which implies I wasn't the only one hitting the crap out of my cfd provider .

CFD's companies are crap . Bankers don't exist for their clients and I NOTE in the USA they are now sort of banned from propriety trading .

I could go on all night but the financial advisor scandal is still being played out as is COMsec giving back clients trading fees for ?????

cheers gg

ps; I shouldn't offer advice but if anyone is trading cfd's or forex make sure u have a live futures platform and share platform as well .

one of those links failed so try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FXCM or look up NFA in the usa