TLS - TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED.

ShareCafe

For "long term" thinkers, to disregard BPL and the likes of Google, would be very foolish, IMHO. Just a thought.

Google co-founder sounds like he'd like to Wi-Fi the world

Posted by Russell Shaw @ 6:09 am

Digg This!

googlenyc_2.jpg

During an investor conference call related to Google's first quarter fiscal year 2006 results announced late Thursday Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin offered some clues on where they would like to see Google's services go.

Audio and video link on this page.

Larry Page said he hopes "we and everyone else in the world would be excited about good Internet access that is free, ad-supported and profitable."

Brin said the Wi-Fi offering is based on Google's interest in "providing better, more transparent access to the Internet for our users."

That's code for Google wanting to be an access provider, not just a resource that happens to pop up when someone uses their broadband Internet connection to visit the Google site.

But it was something that Google CEO Eric Schmidt said that really has me wondering.

He said the company was sitting on $9.3 billion of cash reserves, which he noted would give Google "sufficient cash to take advantage of (opportunities) if they make sense."

Like buying out an ISP and rebranding it with the Google label, and then maybe even including Google Wi-Fi in a forthcoming service bundle?

http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/?p=1042

Should the "sale" go through, the (more "mobile") competition will then bellow out ever so loud & clear, ..... "Let the games begin" ....

http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

LC

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real issue is - Will the Accc allow TLS to become a monopoly again? How much support from Australians if it does? And the "what ifs"? What if wireless or Broadband over Power Lines becomes more viable. Fibre to the home must be the right choice for the next 12-15 years for TLS to get an acceptable ROI.

Kes

A stunt.................

I have called CHERRY PICKERS....

But TLS called them....

"like pitching a tent on top of a skyscraper, then demanding rent from all the tenants."

Some posters here have shown concern about competitition for the overall good od the Aussie economy....and that is what it is all about IMHO

Cherry Pickers.....you have picked the low lying cherries and now it is time................

Some facts as I believe them...

(1) The Gov is not going to build a FTTN. And then allow all Telcos access

(2) We need a FTTN

(3) The only one with a costed plan to build FTTN is TLS

the rest is spec.................

TLS should have commercial certainty for good ROI

Other Telcos should have access at whlesale prices.....

Whether they can improve on TLS BB spped is a technological question...............

In reply to: michaelirish on Sunday 23/04/06 11:51am

Telstra is rotten to the core. The sooner it goes under the sooner we get a better communications system in Australia and the better off Australia will be.

20 minutes out of Brisbane and I have a third world internet access. Our broadband compared to world standard is horse and buggy!!! The infrastructure outside my front gate is WW11 vintage!!

TLS's planning is based on its divine right to be a monopoly. Australia can no longer afford a TLS monopoly, its a matter of GDP.

RIP TLS ASAP!!!

Hello BSA I noticed your MACD signal

and I know you are not keen on TLS But for discussion ...

Would you agree that such a indicator would give many false buy signals in an established down trend ?

And those buy signals would be a signal to maybe cover shorts but not establish new longs ?

You have a linear scale chart that will naturally curve in to the trend line as the trend reaches new lows .. This natural slowing of momentum would probably show up in your indicator as well...

TLS is still in a valid down trend.. P&F orthodoxy says IGNORE all buy signals..use them to cover shorts only...

Good advice so far.. And such action can explain the pauses and horizontal congestion zones in a down trend ..

Telstra is unlikely to have a V bottom... So We would look for a classic Fulcrum base

Can not have one till it penetrates the trend line..

Then We can look for shortening of the vertical movements ,, a lengthening of the horizontal

Tight formations along the bottom.. A low ... and then successful test of that low..

maybe some rising bottoms leading to a classic catapult point..

A bit like the formation forming at the moment...

But TOO early still not safely ( as can be ) through the trend line...

There has been too many bull traps.... ( look at the buy point at the previous $3.80 box... Many would have bought in at that point.. But many must have been even happier to sell..Instead of making headway We had an immediate four box reversal ) It is like the false signals from an oscillator... The trend takes precedence !

Does it matter if We miss the bottom ? ( ask all the bargain buyers So far ! ) While other things march north.. And TLS habit So far is to set everyone up for a fall..

However for those with conviction and keen...IF this last formation is a Fulcrum

( yes it is tight along the bottom, yes there is a low and successful retests of that low )

The entry point is at $3.72 with at stop at $3.59.. until a successful catapult point.. which should then usher in a new trend..)

Once the low has been tested ( in a one box chart ) the buy point is the second green box reversing of the retest lows .. there has been four opportunities So far,, maybe more follow..

It is considered a good buy point.. a swing off the secondary lows close to the danger point allowing tight stops.. with good liquidity for that stop if it is needed

catching the early change in the balance between supply ( which has had the upper hand ) and demand ( which is emerging )

The more that low is tested the more there times there is an opportunity to buy at $3.72 the stronger the base.. If We get higher lows then take two green boxes reversing from them...At this stage keep close to the danger points ( support ).. until a new trend is established.. consider those stops...

We all need to diversify positions.. some stocks in mature trends some stocks forming bases.....

No need to buy the ones that are falling though..

Why is the trend line where it is ?

The trend line links through the most significant reaction top.. If this fulcrum attempt fails

then it will become THE reaction top....These are subjective trend lines

as against 45 degree objective ... and not My or your subjectivity,, But the action of the stock.. If you like TLS subjectivity

motorway

post-16-1145943824.png

Hello BSA I noticed your MACD signal

and I know you are not keen on TLS But for discussion ...

Would you agree that such a indicator would give many false buy signals in an established down trend ?

And those buy signals would be a signal to maybe cover shorts but not establish new longs ?

You have a linear scale chart that will naturally curve in to the trend line as the trend reaches new lows .. This natural slowing of momentum would probably show up in your indicator as well...

TLS is still in a valid down trend.. P&F orthodoxy says IGNORE all buy signals..use them to cover shorts only...

Good advice so far.. And such action can explain the pauses and horizontal congestion zones in a down trend ..

Telstra is unlikely to have a V bottom... So We would look for a classic Fulcrum base

Can not have one till it penetrates the trend line..

Then We can look for shortening of the vertical movements ,, a lengthening of the horizontal

Tight formations along the bottom.. A low ... and then successful test of that low..

maybe some rising bottoms leading to a classic catapult point..

A bit like the formation forming at the moment...

But TOO early still not safely ( as can be ) through the trend line...

There has been too many bull traps.... ( look at the buy point at the previous $3.80 box... Many would have bought in at that point.. But many must have been even happier to sell..Instead of making headway We had an immediate four box reversal ) It is like the false signals from an oscillator... The trend takes precedence !

Does it matter if We miss the bottom ? ( ask all the bargain buyers So far ! ) While other things march north.. And TLS habit So far is to set everyone up for a fall..

However for those with conviction and keen...IF this last formation is a Fulcrum

( yes it is tight along the bottom, yes there is a low and successful retests of that low )

The entry point is at $3.72 with at stop at $3.59.. until a successful catapult point.. which should then usher in a new trend..)

Once the low has been tested ( in a one box chart ) the buy point is the second green box reversing of the retest lows .. there has been four opportunities So far,, maybe more follow..

It is considered a good buy point.. a swing off the secondary lows close to the danger point allowing tight stops.. with good liquidity for that stop if it is needed

catching the early change in the balance between supply ( which has had the upper hand ) and demand ( which is emerging )

The more that low is tested the more there times there is an opportunity to buy at $3.72 the stronger the base.. If We get higher lows then take two green boxes reversing from them...At this stage keep close to the danger points ( support ).. until a new trend is established.. consider those stops...

We all need to diversify positions.. some stocks in mature trends some stocks forming bases.....

No need to buy the ones that are falling though..

Why is the trend line where it is ?

The trend line links through the most significant reaction top.. If this fulcrum attempt fails

then it will become THE reaction top....These are subjective trend lines

as against 45 degree objective ... and not My or your subjectivity,, But the action of the stock.. If you like TLS subjectivity

motorway

post-16-1145943891.png

In reply to: motorway on Tuesday 25/04/06 04:44pm

Hi Motorway,

You are a wordy little creature http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif I keep my trading simple you seem to like the intellectual route, thats fine but for me KISS applies.

As far as MACD weekly divergence goes and down trends, a couple of others that I traded and reversed from this formation that come to mind are,...

CSL mid 2003

SGW beginning 2003

Both were V bottoms and triple bullish divergence on weekly charts, of course at the time one would not expect a full blown uptrend to develop, personaly I would trade the bullish divergence and then see how it pans out. I personally like a basing stage to be 12 months or more(a solid foundation to build an uptrend from)

TLS has also come off a small confirmed double bottom, so another bullish pattern in the pot, but again whether a trend reversal or just a brief rally only time will tell. Todays action has broken an 8 month down trend line also.

Cheers

In reply to: alonso on Friday 28/04/06 10:21am

Quite simply it appears the market is starting to turn around... TLS has been oversold and resources overbought.... Thus the funds are redirecting their money to take advantage of the next wave..

Hopefully this might also put a bit of life into other under valued sectors...

Cheers

"TLS has been oversold and resources overbought.... Thus the funds are redirecting their money to take advantage of the next wave.."

Looks like that at the moment...Resources need not go down ..stocks like TLS could just stop falling behind...

"You are a wordy little creature " Just offering some background and some food for thought..

" personally like a basing stage to be 12 months or more(a solid foundation to build an uptrend from)" yes the bigger the base the better and more sure that the sellers have been washed out..

Point and figure displays the base in Boxes not days.. We can see a base forming in the last three horizontal zones... marked with the lines...And the curling into the trend line

Now penetrated... A large green column is a form of base too at the moment one is being formed This will be by the look of it the longest green column on the chart.. This is all signalling .. change of behavior...The real strength will be seen in the next reversal..

"KISS applies" Absolutely.... But with wisdom not ignorance.. I like to question and understand the WHY of things.. Like your MACD... I am that simple I mainly only really use Volume price and trend lines... when looking at charts..

Your MACD = the curving in of the price....But your MACD is limited to it's settings

Simple to me is to read the chart and not get sidetracked with the MACD that is just the chart one step removed..

"What's the driver for all this?" balance between demand and supply changing.. There are only so many shares.. there are only so many held by those who want to or decide to sell

The number being held by longer term investors is growing..( or at least happy to hold )

simply... A down trend will end.. On high Volume...With shares changing hands from those who bought at higher prices.. weak hands looking back.. To those buying in with strong hands looking forward...The new buyers will have a much lower cost base.. the number who are in profit will start to out number those holding at a loss... This change of ownership

changes everything.. All TLS needs is good news..

KISS... yes ... But how hard and how much experience to be successfully simple

With TLS the trend line below is penetrated..looking left You can see How high the current column is and the context... In one box methodology .. TLS is at a significant catapult point

What happens now and what should be done.. depends on your aggressiveness .. Buy signals already .. Some will wait for the next reversal... The real strength will be seen when the red side try to reassert.............

if the lows hold.. either have a new trend ..or a trading range..

How can We judge ? the last congestion zone.. Is where the preparation for this move occurred.. the backing and filling cleared the way...We have a breakout form that zone

the zone gives a horizontal count to $4.08..If TLS get to $4.08 with out meaningful correction... it is an indication of technical strength...

motorway