TLS - TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED.

ShareCafe

In reply to: flashnick on Sunday 19/03/06 10:17pm

Yes it could go down and be broken up into smaller pieces

Maybe this is the way to go?

Broadband is growing at very fast rates in aust and will continue to do so for a few years yet. Fixed line phone rentals is what is bringing them down, as the decline is faster than anyone expected, ie. those switching from house phone to solely using mobile.

Forget about mobile phones for growth as there is already 18million mobile phone accounts in aust. unless telstra buys out an existing player.

Another profitable business within telstra is Sensis. They were thinking about spinning it off i think last year but decided against it.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to: nizar on Monday 20/03/06 07:03am

Its a real battle of the 'undisclosed buyers & sellers' at the moment - have a look at the share price buyers/sellers details - have you ever seen so many on both sides. I'm enjoying this, its momentous hey.

dawno http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/lmaosmiley.gif

In reply to: dawno on Tuesday 21/03/06 01:55pm

I'm hearing that the Govt only has about another 4 weeks to make a decision on the regulatory environment if it want to sell Telstra this year (which it does).

I'm also hearing that Coonan has been sidelined and Howard is now directly involved. If Telstra has its way, then the low point for the SP is soon. If not, it will go down further. Of course, face-saving for either party may result in an outcome both can live with but neither be entirely satisfied with. In this case, the SP should continue to fluctuate until it becomes clear from an operational perspective whether Telstra is meeting the 'stakes in the ground' it outlined at the last AGM.

goldi

In reply to: Infotrader on Tuesday 21/03/06 02:02pm

Thanks Infotrader - I'm still looking at buying more so that can wait for now.

For those that can access the histiry charts on the various sectors of the Ozi Sharemarket

go & have a look at the Telco Sector & compare its chart against ALL other Sectors.

Now for contrarian investors this is now positive 'alarm bell' time. The absolute comparison to ALL other sectors is totally awsesome. It just goes to show you how the market herd will all follow suit.

Now for those more astute long term investors for me this only suggests one thing - load up on all the quality stocks in the telco sector that you can get your hands on - Cycles have funny ways of keeping in check. For the true long term value investor its been a long time since I saw such a diobolical situation. Wheres the bottom.......????? I don't care I'm continuing to wade in. What a nutter hey.........?? Talk to me in a few years time.

regards to all, dawno http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

In reply to: nizar on Monday 20/03/06 07:03am

Hi Nizar - I notice we haven't got your TLS share price pick in for the Competition I've got running here. What I need from you is your prediction of what the TLS share price will be by 7/2/2007 please.

Please post it on here so I can put you down. Good on you.

regards, dawno http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/lmaosmiley.gif

In reply to: dawno on Tuesday 21/03/06 03:26pm

dawno

can u put up every1s prediction, im keen 2 see what the others thought

Now for those more astute long term investors for me this only suggests one thing - load up on all the quality stocks in the telco sector that you can get your hands on - Cycles have funny ways of keeping in check. For the true long term value investor its been a long time since I saw such a diobolical situation. Wheres the bottom.......????? I don't care I'm continuing to wade in.

Nice one, shows u have faith and patience. I reckon in the long run, ull come out on top. You're already a champ for having the guts to go against the market. Now let's see if u win.

In reply to: nizar on Tuesday 21/03/06 03:43pm

Thanks Nizar got you down $4.19.

Yes its about time I updated to the latest list, here it is:-

TLS SHARE PRICE COMP FOR 7/2/2007

ridgey $4.80

goldi $4.75

alonso $5.25

tel $5.25

wolva $3.70

wilmtrish $5.45

dawno $5.75

nightshif $5.80

zzedzz $3.50

kim $2.95

kacy $4.45

balance $3.74

rozella $4.30

scotts $3.90

drrc $3.00

holmby $3.40

oavde $3.50

flashnik $3.00

spot $4.25

havago $4.80

masteR $4.58

infotrader $3.85

user $5.86

moosey $4.31

michaelirish $5.00

nizar $4.19

OK so is there anyone else out there we haven't got - if so give us your 7/3/2007 TLS share price prediction so we add you in please.

dawno http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/lmaosmiley.gif