TLS - TELSTRA CORPORATION LIMITED.

ShareCafe

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This semi privatised company seems now to be out of control, the latest aquisition of a company which has had it,s accounts qualified, being KAZ, must have been the last straw, as Mansfield stated, he will no longer be held responsible for an irresponsible board of fools rash decisions is to say the least, a damning indictement as to the remaining boards ability to retain any credibility, as many have said, Twitowsky is unbelievably incompetant.

No wonder we saw the full privatation put off indefinately, our pollies have of course been fully aware of Mansfields, and probably others intentions, what was the old saying? a ship with fools on board, eventually sinks.

A NATIONAL DISGRACE.

If we see a mass exit on TLS today, there could be a few dollars flowing into other bluechips http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/icon14.gif

However the market may determine the news as good...........out with Ziggy and in with some new blood.

Tex.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I kept mine over the new year as I'm sitting on a tidy profit and hope to drag it out for CGT advantages. Agree in the medium term it looks a dud as new technology swamps the old copper cable business. Many more of us will be dialling up our international and interstate calls via our cable modems within a couple of years so TLS has a restricted future. If the Govt was ever able to sell its remaining stock I for one would avoid it like the plague (as I did with T2).

jarm

For those interested in some of the long term threats facing Telstra, the below link highlights just one serious threat faced by this company.

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/0...tid=215&tid=106

Currently you can call any other computer user in the world. This addition now means that you can call any phone.

I have had the software downloaded for three weeks, and the clarity calling my Ma in London is amazing. I have since sold out my TLS holding, as I see products like this pose a serious threat to TLS future earnings.

Exactly my concern Disco Stu. This will almost totally eliminate interstate/international income other than broadband costs (negligible) for all the telcos. That's why they must keep Foxtel investment. Samuels does not get it but then when did the ACCC ever get it? Jousting with windmills.

jarm