EXT

ShareCafe

jtmlee.

There is no way possible that the drill results came to nothing.

The company was drilling to get more Indicated reserves, and also expanding the drilling for Zones 3,4,&5, also they

drilling around the salem & pizzaro areas.

When and if you and other s/hs fill the complaint form in, please make sure you explain that they have stated

that they intend releasing the resource upgrade in the second Qtr which will be after this T/O by the chinese is well

and trulely over.

As I stated in the previous post, we will get no where if we don`t fill in the complaint form.

Cheers.

Simmo.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

India Nuclear Energy, present, future and history:

<h1 style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; font: bold 1.75em/1.4em Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin: 10px 0px 15px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; text-align: left; color: rgb(57, 57, 57); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(182, 200, 209); border-bottom-style: solid; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-image: initial; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">The Darker Reality of IndiaÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Nuclear Power Goals</h1>By John Daly | Sun, 26 February 2012 23:16 | 1

India is betting heavily on nuclear power to meet its surging energy needs. While India currently has six nuclear power plants (NPPs) with 20 reactors generating 4,780 megawatts, seven other reactors are under construction and are expected to generate an additional 5,300 megawatts.

This current rate of nuclear power generation pales into insignificance with New DelhiÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s future plans, as on 22 February Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told a seminar at the India International Nuclear Symposium, "India plans to have a total installed nuclear capacity of 63,000 megawatts by the year 2032, using both indigenous technology and imported reactors. Nuclear technology has several distinct advantages - it is compact and highly manageable in terms of handling, transportation and storage of the fuel. Thermal technologies have the problems of greenhouse gas emissions, fly-ash and handling, transportation, storage problems of large quantities of fuel as well as availability of coal."

As for worries about the hazards of nuclear power generation, earlier this month Atomic Energy Commission Chairman Srikumar Banerjee told a gathering at the Department of Atomic EnergyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Raja Ramanna Center for Advanced Technology in Indore, "All atomic energy plants in the country are totally secured as per international standards and are also capable of dealing with natural calamities like tsunamis or earthquakes."

But amidst the bland assurances lurks a darker reality.

After being in denial for years, last month the selfsame Department of Atomic Energy for the first time admitted that the deaths of its employees and their dependents at the Kalpakkam nuclear site were caused by multiple myeloma, a rare form of bone marrow cancer linked to nuclear radiation.

Not that the DAE willingly divulged the information ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ it came to light in response to a Right to Information (RTI) inquiry from October 2011, with the DAE acknowledging that nine people, including three employees working at the Madras Atomic Power Station (MAPS) at Kalpakkam, 44 miles from Chennai, died of multiple myeloma and bone cancer between 1995 and 2011. The DAE had previously stonewalled all previous requests for information.

The report paints a troubling picture of the policies at the DAE, which sends out high-ranking officials with bland assurances for the public about the nationÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s NPPs while privately compiling reports about their health effects, concerns that can only grow as New Delhi presses forward with its nuclear program. Furthermore, the statements that Indian NPPs can withstand earthquakes and tsunamis, made in a country vulnerable to both, smacks of more than a little hubris, as Tokyo Electric and Power Co. made similar pronouncements before the 11 March 2011 earthquake and tsunami destroyed its Fukushima Daichi nuclear power complex.

But rising to the occasion, on 6 January the project director of the Kalpakkam Indira Gandhi Center for Atomic Research, Prabhat Kumar, asserted that the recent "Thane" storm proved without doubt the ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“foolproof safety, safe technology and design, concrete stability, and enviable worth of all nuclear power plants.ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ

But as for the Japanese following nuclear events in India, what can they conclude if ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“totally secured as per international standardsÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ NPPs nevertheless caused cancer deaths from radiation? Given the immense releases of nuclear material from Fukushima, what will the countryÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s health profile look like decades from now?

Opposition to IndiaÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s nuclear power program is growing, most notably at Kudankulam. Accordingly, given the projected scope of IndiaÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s proposed nuclear future, the country may well prove to be either the salvation or graveyard of nuclear power worldwide.

And one can only wonder what other reports the DAE is sitting on. While no doubt all Indians without electricity would like a light bulb, is appeal is considerably diminished if its hanging over oneÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s hospital bed years from now as one slowly expires from radiation-induced cancer.

Accordingly, the fishermen protesting the Kudankulam NPP could be doing their fellow countrymen a greater service than they currently realize.

By. John C.K. Daly of Oilprice.com

By John Daly | Sun, 26 February 2012 23:16 | 1

Ahh here's the post I was referring to earlier (thanks again Gero - I've pasted your original text below). 28th was a milestone date, but not for us...

According to my investigations, the "Bidders Statement" submitted by Taurus to the ASX on the 14 Feb is just a draft. They now have 14 day (i.e until 28 Feb) to issue the final "Bidders Statement" to shareholders. Shareholders will then be given a minimum of 1 month to respond to the offer (i.e until 28 Mar at the latest).

EXT will have 14 days from the issue of the final "Bidders Statement " to shareholder to respond to the offer and advise Shareholders.

So we could be waiting until the 13 Mar to hear from the EXT Board.

We can only hope they are using this time wisely

So it's 13MAR2012 or before...

Cheers,

Kos.

Simmo,

Any chance you can post a link to the form; and perhaps the details which you have completed on yours? I dearly want to follow this up, but I'm in the middle of changing jobs and very busy atm, any assistance to raise this issue with ASIC would be appreciated.

Kos, not sure about you or others, but I have not yet received a bidders statement in the mail - is anyone else in the same boat?

Cheers

SR

surfrat70

As I explained in the earlier post I could not copy & paste it on here, so what I did my self is phoned the ASX on 131279

when it answers ignore the first prompt and wait for someone to answer, make sure you are already on the asx site, and

the person will direct you to the form, even though this was done for me I could not fill the form out online it would not

register, so I got the person than ran me throuhg to the form to email mine through, and I wrote mine out and faxed it

to them, the fax number is 0 292270885.

My complaint is.

As you would know ext are under a t/o offer which the target statement is due today 28th/feb/ 2012.

ext management have eight months of drilling results, which have not been released to the market, of which six months

should be collated and ready for a upgraded JORC resource release to the ASX.

The company on numerous occasssions has refused to release the upgraded Jorc resource, if this resource were to be

released to the market, this would easily put the resource as the number two Uranium only resource in the world.

I always thought it was a CEO`s and Boards duty to get the best price for shareholders, and even more so when the

said company is under a takeover offer from the Chinese Taurus Minerals, they ext have replied to requests from

shareholders on numerous occassions, stating the drill results will have no material affect on the Shareprice.

With that said, surely they have a of responsibility to all shareholders to release these results, so all shareholders

can make a proper informed decision whether to accept the offer or not.

Cheers.

Simmo.

Simrose,

i think you'll find the Target Statement from EXT is due within 14 days of the 'Official Bidders Offer' which i think is due today or tomorrow, hence don't be surprised if we dont hear anyhting for another week or so. who knows, we may finally hear from our extremely well paid Executives sooner then this, but going on present form doubtful!! My only hope is that they've actually been doing something extremely constructive with this time!!

I was thinking about Leslie's refusal to release drill results when I Iooked at the EXT pre-open depth just then.

There are 450,300 on order at $8.60, 250,000 on order at $8.59, 258,622 on order at $8.58 and 501,000 on order at $8.56.

Strange orders if you think that $8.65 is all there is for EXT. The percentage profits at each level are 0.58%, 0.70%, 0.82%, and 1.05% respectively.

I have read all the stuff about "that is still a great percentage annualised" and I have listened to people saying that it is still big money even if the percentage is small. Still, it doesn't seem convincing, I find it strange.

What if Leslie does not want too much competition at the moment? What if he is deliberately wanting to dampen enthusiasm so that his mates have less competition to accumulate? This is despicable if that is what he is doing but, given the low percentage returns, why would his mates be interested at all?

Unless $8.65 is not all there is and Leslie knows it. Is it at all possible that he knows another bid is coming and he wants to keep things quiet whilst his mates accumulate for it?

Probably just wishful thinking on my behalf but we will find out soon enough I guess.

I stand corrected on my previous post after re-reading the Bidders Statement. It would appear that extract have not provided a date for the target statement to be released, however surely this must be released prior to shareholders receiving the official offer?? Does anyone know the official ruling on this, ie how many days the company has to release a target statement from date of initial offer??

It is normal if you keep an eyes out on every takeover.

A small percentage is a big gain for hedge fund, especially when you are pretty sure it will be successful.

i.e. 0.5% of 10K worth is $50, hardly worth our effort (small fish).

Hedge fund? 0.5% of $10M is what? or may be $100M?

Bochman, it does not add up. Look at this table:

Buy Price Percentage Profit on $8.65 Sale Profit on $10 Mill investment Amount of Shares You Must Buy to Spend $10 Mill Amount of Shares You Must Buy to Spend $100 Mill 8.6 0.58% 58,139.53 1,162,791 11,627,907 8.59 0.70% 69,848.66 1,164,144 11,641,444 8.58 0.82% 81,585.08 1,165,501 11,655,012 8.56 1.05% 105,140.19 1,168,224 11,682,243

So for $10 mill you make $58K at 8.6 and you need to buy over 1.1 mill shares. Assuming you can buy that many without drying up supply, is it worth all the effort for $58K ???

Like I said, something does not add up. p.s. $100 million investment and you would have to buy over 11 million EXT shares, that isn't going to happen.

"Invest $100 million or $10 million" is easy to say, not so easy to do. Something is rotten in Denmark, more and more I think someone knows a higher figure is due and therefore I am not selling yet.