GLOBAL DISASTER BOARD

wolverine

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meat and Dairy production cause more greenhouse gases than all the transport on the planet combined.

So if you want to avert a global disaster go vegan.

If the methane keeps escaping from the sea floor then it's game over for you.

Also stops the torture and killing of billions of innocent animals yearly.

There is no threat to the environment when people can drive 4x4 cars with no penalties, and no geothermal is being tapped (3% of USA Geothermal can supply the whole country). Therefore you know its BS, like SARS, Y2K, Bird Flu and all the other media hoaxes ;)

Even the most stubborn human cannot ignore the changes the planet is undergoing, from floods to fires to droughts and earthquakes.

We are rapidly running out of resources.

The food fed (and wasted) to farm animals is enough to feed two billion humans.

Just replace the animal meat with soya or mushroom meat, so simple.

Time is running out.

Wake up or prepare to die.

Yep climate change caused the earthquakes we are doomed

Two asteroids within a month in close pass orbits relative to earth. Is there a big one coming from behind.

Only noticed a couple days before they passed. If there is a big one coming is anyone going to give notice? Nope, survive as best you can. If you can.

Anyone read Lucifers Hammer by Niven and Pournelle. About the slushy remains of a comet hitting the earth.

Hard rock or slushy, at 30,000 mph the end is the same..................we are in deep crap.

If there is a comet heading our way, we need at least 4 years to build something to deflect, it and it might not even work. http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/sl9/gll29.html Comet Shoemaker Levy that hit Jupiter in 1994 and caused a storm on the surface that lasted years was only spotted one year before it hit ;)

The food fed (and wasted) to farm animals is enough to feed two billion humans.
:blink: Aren't we getting a little carried away there, F?

Last time I saw cattle grazing, the grass they ate didn't really appeal to me as much as the steaks, milk, cheese they produce. If some people like to live on grass, mushrooms, soy and other beans - it's up to each individual. But be aware that eating beans etc will let humans create just as much methane as cattle do.

You're right in one regard - at least partially: We are running out of non-renewable resources.

It's therefore imperative that we stop wasting oil, timber, metals, water. I'm all for geothermal, solar, and tidal power. But I draw the line at reducing animal numbers so that 2 Billion more people can be fed. The problem is not too little food for humans, but too many humans competing for humans' fair share of resources.

(Which is part of the reason I vehemently disagree with the Pope on the condom issue, with John Howard on indiscriminate handouts of baby-making incentives, and with well-meaning idealists interfering with other peoples' lives. Always from the noblest of motives. Always with the worst effect on individuals and environment alike.)