UBI - UNIVERSAL BIOSENSORS INC.

ShareCafe

http://www.sharescene.com/html/sharesceneradio-logo.jpg

Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (20/08/2008 10:00:00):

UBI - Quarterly Investor Update - Mr Mark Morrisson, CEO

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from the USPTO a pending patent application published today:

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser...918+AND+ICN/AU)

United States Patent Application 20080223732

Kind Code A1

Hodges; Alastair McIndoe ; et al.

September 18, 2008

Electrochemical detection method

Abstract

There is disclosed a method of measuring formation of a barrier to restrict or reduce movement of an electroactive species. The method comprises providing an electrochemical cell having a working electrode and a counter electrode spaced from the working electrode, providing a subject component, a testing component and at least one electroactive species within the cell, the subject and testing components being intended to cause the formation of a barrier to restrict or reduce movement of an electroactive species, applying a potential between the working electrode and the counter electrode sufficient to produce a current proportional to the concentration of the electroactive species being measured, and measuring the current at the working electrode to obtain a measure of the formation of the barrier to restrict or reduce movement of the electroactive species.

Inventors: Hodges; Alastair McIndoe; (Blackburn South, AU) ; Chatelier; Ronald Christopher; (Bayswater, AU) ; Chambers; Garry; (Vermont, AU)

Assignee Name and Adress: Universal Biosensors Pty Ltd.

Mount Waverley

AU

• 7 months later...

Well we saw it rally 40% on the back of that news settling back at $1.18 on the close.

Though this stock is still very much under the radar and trades on thin vol.

The company has all the makings of a 4-5 bagger from current levels. Distribution through one of the global giants Johnson and Johnson, and their Patent goes all the way to 2020.

It is my understanding Johnson and Johnson/Lifescan have 6-8 of their employees working full time at UBI premises.

• 4 months later...

Seems to be a winner. I hold a small amount and will add to it. Still researching it to see how much I should hold.

There are so many good bios out there at the moment on the verge of their product hitting the markets (after many years of frustrating delays) that it is a tough decision.

G

DYOR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
i'm really surprised that theres not more cat on here about ubi, got there 18mil regulatory clearance milestone payment and shipped there first commercial order last month and not a whisper here.... look forward to seeing the quarterly in the next few weeks. certainly some good biotechs around at the moment :blush:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

JMH03

Still no sign of a launch in the US despite the FDA approval. Lifescan certainly dont seem to be in any hurry to release in their own backyard.

I've been disappointed in the lack of concrete developments in the pipeline too. They have been talking for a long time about the other applications.

Hanging in there but ,like the market, I'm starting to get a bit impatient!