QPN

ShareCafe

this is what I think of NEO...... http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/thumbdown.gif ....

it had 10 bagger potential 3 years ago.... it has 10 bagger potential now...

in 3 years time it will have 10 bagger potential...

all this potential but never any action....

http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif

..^sc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: Shrewd Crude on Wednesday 07/03/07 02:28pm

When you read the announcements from the last few years, you might start to wonder if it really has 10 bagger potential, especially with the imo hopeless management or could it just be that the directors never let the truth get in the way of a good story?

Traded it from 12 - 16.5 and kept a few just in case.

I held abundle at around the 4.5c mark and sold at 3.9c and was not a bit happy except to say I'm another who diddn't hold longer, and thta is the only thing that made me happy.

But I don't understand why Waller and co are still directors...why havent they been voted out. We all know how dodgy they are, I even heard they were being investigated a while ago.

Lesson learnt ....and the trend is your friend.

I suspect they will build another pipeline soon then test the well.......... http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/grrr.gif

Holding and confident. You guys can suit yourselves. It matters little to me if you buy or not. I may just be able to pick up some more at less expense. And if you are holding then sell out as well, again the same story. Why hold on to shares you have no faith in?

In reply to: Shrewd Crude on Wednesday 07/03/07 02:28pm

Hi Sc. I had a largish position in NEO a year ago. I couldn't cope with lack of deliverables. I also was unimpressed with AK at Upstream Petroleum Conference.

Glad I'm out. Quality management is the key to successful investing.

Thats why I hold AWE/AOE/SAE/NWE/FAR/BKP in the oil and gas game. All lead by outstanding or quality people.

• 4 weeks later...

California, Here We Come!

4/04/2007 By: Rudi Filapek-Vandyck

Many a CEO of a publicly listed micro cap company is forced to continuously put in crazy amounts of hours, often simply to keep the boat afloat. They seldom do it with the energy and commitment Anthony Kain puts in at emerging oil and gas company Nuenco (NEO).

We meet in between visits to stockbrokers, shareholders, industry contacts and a few prospective investors in a seedy sports bar underneath the lobby of a well-known hotel in Sydney. Kain apologises, multiple times, because of the location, and because he is tired of all the traveling in between California, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney. He's had another busy day and is looking forward to lying on his bed, maybe watching some late night television.

Instead he's sitting with this journalist in the bar underneath the hotel. Within five minutes the table is covered with maps and presentation folders and Kain confesses, while pointing at the table: "This is my life".

The story of Nuenco is closely aligned with the re-discovery of California's untapped oil and gas potential. It is just as much a story about priorities.

If we consider all individual US states on their own merits, California becomes the world's fifth largest economy. It is also the fourth largest energy producing state in the US, after Louisiana, Texas and Alaska.

Although the industry has known for decades there would seem a far larger energy potential under Californian soil, large parts of this potential have been left untouched until today. The reason? Major oil producers, which still own most of the land positions and exploration leases throughout the state, considered easier targets elsewhere of a higher priority.

Nuenco is one of many junior players that have tried to carve out their own opportunity in the region. It has been a journey marked by more downs than ups - not in the least because one of the company's main commercial partners turned out to have its priorities elsewhere.

Kain's body language turns tense when he is asked about joint venture partner Orchard Petroleum. Both companies share a few joint ventures in the highly prospective San Joaquin Basin, mostly with Orchard owning the largest equity stake. Mentioning Orchard's past behaviour clearly brings back painful memories and latent frustrations about a partner that was supposed to bring in the riches, but ultimately couldn't be bothered.

According to market sources, Nuenco at one stage offered Orchard to take on the operational responsibility over the JV projects. Is this true? Kain says he has repeatedly thrown the offer on the table. At one stage he even proposed Nuenco would fully finance all drillings.

A radical change of fortune came with the arrival of Crosby Capital Partners, a Hong Kong headquartered asset manager and investment banker with Macquarie Bank-alike ambitions. Crosby, oddly enough listed on the London Alternative Investment Market (AIM), in 2005 unsuccessfully tried to buy then ASX listed Tethyan Copper for its enormous Reko Diq copper/gold project in the wilds of Pakistan. However, shareholders of Tethyan were not keen on considering the various lowball Crosby offers and in the end decided to sell out to Chilean resources giant Antofagasta.

Other attempts to buy undervalued assets from Australian companies proved equally unsuccessful - until the dealmakers at Crosby came across Orchard Petroleum. Market gossip has it Crosby was easily convinced about the significant potential among the various Orchard projects. The Hong Kong financiers' swift actions recently would seem to support this.

Crosby bid circa US$130m for Orchard and did not even wait for the takeover to be fully completed to embark on a busy drilling program. One may suspect Kain is pinching his arm every morning at breakfast.

On Tuesday Crosby announced the full takeover of Orchard had become a fait accompli. The same announcement also vindicated Kain's confidence in the joint prospects: fourteen holes have been drilled in between Lost Hills and South Belridge in the San Joaquin Basin and all fourteen successfully encountered oil and gas. Most results have exceeded pre-drilling expectations.

Already, eight of the wells have been successfully completed with multi staged hydraulic tracing. Three of these wells are currently in production. Five others are scheduled to start imminently.

The same press statement also reveals where Kain's and Crosby's confidence stem from: Eleven of the current top 100 US oil fields are in the San Joaquin basin, including four of the top 10.

The joint ventures with new-born Orchard Petroleum cover only part of Nuenco's potential. Other ventures at other projects, such as the Kreyenhagen oil field, are equally considered to be of "company making" potential. The first well at Kreyenhagen spudded in February this year. Nuenco has a 5% free carried interest in the project.

Probably the largest upside potential stems from the significant acreage position the company has secured over the past few years. In fact, Nuenco's gross acreage position today is considerably larger than total acreage from Orchard, Salinas Energy (SAE) and Livingstone Petroleum (LPL) combined. All three are similar California focused explorers/producers.

Kain says in-house petrophysics suggest oil-in-place (OIP) for Nuenco's acreages runs into billions of barrels. (Note: oil in place is the total estimated hydrocarbon content of an oil reservoir, not to be confused with oil reserves which are the estimated technically and economically recoverable portion of the OIP.)

The only things that seem to be missing are increasing investor interest and a rising share price. At 16c Nuenco's market capitalisation barely exceeds the $18m. But Kain is hopeful this too will change in a not too distant future. He says he feels some stockbrokers have started to show genuine interest lately. Some of them may even start following the company informally.

In reply to: skorpian on Sunday 08/04/07 08:41pm

I still have high hopes for NEO but the same issue which forced me to withdraw last year still exists.PRODUCTION not investor interest.ACTION not "oh we found some more".

The only things that seem to be missing are increasing investor interest and a rising share price. At 16c Nuenco's market capitalisation barely exceeds the $18m. But Kain is hopeful this too will change in a not too distant future. He says he feels some stockbrokers have started to show genuine interest lately. Some of them may even start following the company informally.   

develop a gas field from its first project at South East Lost Hills in the midst of one of the worldÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s best markets for natural gas;

develop a major oil resource through extending large existing oil fields into adjacent acreage at South East Lost Hills.

They are still talking about S.E. Lost Hills.I`ll come back when they show some reserve figures and ACTION.