Gold

Keith49

QUOTE (chiller @ Sunday 04/11/07 10:40am)

Charles, although it has already run I think IGR have alot further to go. They are looking better by the month.

Management can make or break companies, particularly in the early years and IGR have one of the best operators in the business in Chris Cairns, unlike many he can "talk the talk and walk the walk."

They are gearing up for production(although not yet announced) IGR have several high potential properties, Maxwells,Salt Creek and now Red Dale shaping up as the potential flagship property could strike over 1km long by 500m wide.

At this point driling results expected to continue into the foreseable future. I like MON, SBM and RMS but IGR remain my main pick.

Cheers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: chiller on Sunday 04/11/07 09:40am

Chiller

I see that RAU is based up north Qld and it raises a question that I have:

What is it about east coast junior gold companies that doesn't work? From Beaconsfield, to Bendigo and the other Victorian fields to Hill End in NSW and up to Citigold in Chartres Towers and to Crackow (?) there seems to be lots of big resource finds around but none of the associated companies are kicking many goals on the stock market.

I hear talk of management problems, high costs, inappropriate mining plans but the common thread ends up being that if you want mulitple returns you need to stick with the WA or OS stocks.

Why is that? Is it simply because there are so many more WA gold juniors that the law of averages dictates that a few of them will take off? Or, is it because most of the east coast juniors are looking to go deep underground and the profit margins are just not there at this stage of the gold bull market (where AUD costs are rising as quickly as AUD prices)?

Maybe we should just be looking for companies looking to develop open pits? Maybe the horse has bolted with these two, but Ramelius (RMS) and Integra (IGR) come to mind.

QUOTE (alonso @ Sunday 04/11/07 09:57am)

The ones with recent major discoveries are:

* IGO Independence Group [Nickel + Tropicana gold with Anglo]

* IGR Integra

MON is trying to put together already discovered "sow's ears" and turn them into "silk purses"...perhaps they will be saved by rising gold price, but MK seems to have been distracted by the CSM takeover when he should have been looking after MON shareholders more.

I put together a list of South Austrailan IOCGU explorers...but personally have them in separate category to gold explorers/developers. From north-to-south, these are roughly:

ELL, IGR, MXR/ERO, (OXR, BHP, TEK Teck, MOX), AXT, GUN, SRZ, RDM, CRJ, ARE/SRL, CRE/SAU, TAS/WCP Resources

From memory King Baz and Denpal like SAU, Uraniumbull likes ARE, and currently everyone loves IGR.

I also have a separate list of South East Asian explorers/developers:

ZDX, OYM.Toronto, TPJ.London, AMR.Toronto (nickel), WID.NZ (nickel) for Vietnam

ARE, HEG, AYR, RXL, ORD, OXR, PNA for Laos

SAU, OXR for Cambodia

ZDX for Borneo

Again King Baz and Denpal like SAU, Uraniumbull likes ARE last time I heard.

I hold NAV, NWR, SAU, TRF and did hold DOM, CRK and will buy back in again shortly.

CRE is interesting with the big institutional holder plus $110M cash looking for acquisitions but I'm nervous of low low grade (1.5g/t).

IGR seems quite popular ATM.

AAM is a lagger but they've got a reasonable resource and some uranium potential. MC seems very low.

I've got some ZAUBWA Perth Mint Gold warrants too but the $A rising takes the gloss of the nominal gains in the $US gold price.

Also have a few TSX silver companies as no ASX silver companies worth investing in that I know of. MMN is pretty risky I would say as they are still trying to sort out serious production hiccups and shortfalls.

I've had some narrow escapes in this sector: BDG, BMO, TTR, TAM. Lots of danger in all these companies but how else do you get good leverage on the gold price.

QUOTE (triage @ Sunday 04/11/07 12:14pm)

What is it about east coast junior gold companies that doesn't work? From Beaconsfield, to Bendigo and the other Victorian fields to Hill End in NSW and up to Citigold in Chartres Towers and to Crackow

triage, like I said..."management can make or break companies". The management of the companies you mentioned are all big on talk, but very light on in delivering the goods."

Chris Cairns is smart enough that he would have not have involved himself with any company that is faced with issues that make it more difficult to bring a mine into production. He positions himself for success, he doesn't position himself to increase his chances of failure.

Sounds simple, but not really.

In reply to: woteva on Sunday 04/11/07 11:44am

EVG would be worth a look --- moved from 15 cents to 22 --- so timing might be an issue --- certainly worth consideration though.

Nothing is certain however.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian Johnson ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Executive Chairman ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ appointed 4th October 2005.

A civil engineer with extensive experience in the construction and mining industries - instrumental in establishing a number of public companies including Nevada Goldfields Limited, Austral Coal Limited, and both Portman Limited (1991-1994) and Mount Gibson Iron Limited (ann. 24/04/07: retirement of Mount GibsonÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s founding Managing Director and current Deputy Chairman, Mr Brian Johnson, effective as of 30 June 2007) in the iron ore industry. His particular skills lie in successfully taking a company from its concept stage, through Stock Exchange listing, to profitable operations, and substantially increasing its market capitalisation. Other current directorships:

Linc Energy Limited, TransPacific Capital Pty Ltd, Resource Equities Limited

-- Before placement he held 10.64% of the shares which he has purchased steadily since November 2005

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EnviroGoldÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s first generation of projects in the Dominican Republic, Peru, and China are all expected to operate for at least 10 years -- all are planned to be operational within three years -- utilizing Xstrata TechnologyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s ALBION PROCESS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issued Shares: 197 million (includes current 100 million placement @ 16c)

+ Options:36,334,235 20 cent options - expire 31/12/2007

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦.43,000,000 25 cent options ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ expire 31/12/2009

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦.50,000,000 25 cent options ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ expire 31/12/2009

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ 5,000,000 Options to Indian Ocean Capital.

Total shares: 331 million (fully diluted after exercise of options)

Market Cap @ 22c = $72 million (all projects fully funded)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estimated Production net to EVG: @ 10th Oct 07

(1) Las Lagunas: 70% of 80,000 oz: ---- 56,000 oz (com. by the end of 08)

(2) Trujillo (stage 1): 50% of 65,000 oz: ---- 32,500 oz (com. by the end of 09)

(2a)Trujillo (stage 2): 50% of 65,000 oz: ---- 32,500 oz (ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“quickly as possible?ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ)

(3) Shandong: 80% of 60/70,000 oz: ---- 56,000 oz (com. by the end 2010)

280,000 oz 177,000 oz. net to EVG

Others:

In addition, EnviroGoldÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s business development manager for Latin America is focussing on prospects in Southern Peru and a number of other locations in Central and South America.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estimated average EVG after Tax profit from:

(1) Las Lagunas: Dec 2008 ---- AU $ 9.7 million/year *(July 07 presentation)

(2) Trujillo 1: Dec 2009 ---- AU $10 million/year *(July 07 presentation)

(2a)Trujillo 2: 2010 ---- AU $10 million/year *** (Ann 10 Oct 07)

(3) Shandong: July 2010 ---- AU $10 + million/year ** (July 07 presentation)

Total estimated after tax profit: AU $40 million/year

Project Income based on Gold Price of US $600/ounce, Silver Price of US $11.75/ounce and A$ = US $ 0.75 (Gold Price A$800)

Operating Costs: US $237/ounce @ Las Lagunas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Potential/planned Resource: 2.1 million oz Au. (Net to EVG: 1.5 mil oz)

In reply to: denpal on Sunday 04/11/07 11:20am

AAM has a FD MC of $32M less $5M cash = EV $27M.

They have a JORC resource at Laverton of 1M oz of 2.2g/t of shallow gold with an exploration cost of $5/oz. This is lower than NAV which is I think $8/oz. Since listing in Dec 2003 they have added 300,000oz/pa to their resource.

As well they have what looks like a highly prospective Nickel sulphide untested target at Narnoo. They also have a uranium JV at Narnoo.

Just based on 1M oz of gold, that is $27/oz EV. That is very low, way below the sector average.

Food for thought. I don't hold (have held previously) but will keep an eye on this one now.

In reply to: denpal on Sunday 04/11/07 11:20am

Yes I forgot NWR of course (I hold NWRO).

Have been watching AAM for a long time too.

Chimera likes TMR (which I hold from the IBR takeover), although that is mainly copper...does have IBR's nice Armenia gold assets to develop in the 2010 decade though.

Re silver, held $500 of MAR for the deeply discounted spps to give me some margin of safety in sickly silver!

Thanks for all the ideas gang.

Is ATV worth looking at, they claim to have over 1mill oz in Nova Scotia, Canada? And planning an open-cut I believe. Whilst it has moved recently still seems that it hasn't got away yet?

Sorry Triage your question is beyond my capacity to answer, when it comes to gold plays I am really a newbie (I am in RAU for non-gold reasons). But I take your point that open-cut is a much less costly approach to mining, so thanks for the heads up.

With a number of pundits suggesting that gold will go much higher, seems that there could be many opportunities here and obviously many SS members are already on to this.

Not being a fulltime trader/investor means that I am not able to stay across all the companies actively in gold at the moment so I really appreciate everyones input.

Many thanks http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/wub.gif

Cheers Charles

In reply to: chiller on Sunday 04/11/07 04:05pm

Hi Charles,

SAU might be a diversified one which interests.

Its main gold project is in partnership with DOM in South Aust . . . where discoveries can be brought on line very quickly.

The more grass-roots project is the work being done in Cambodia which is very OXResque!

Good management, strong backing (CITIC, MBL, TGH) . . . excellent prospects . . . SP has double in the last few months but is still a fair way off highs set earlier in the year.

Got exposure to a Ni-projects they are preparing a resource statement for, got a 39% intersest in a Uranium company (SNU), earning an interest into a Wyoming Gold project and have projects all around.

Good luck with the search . . . and enjoy the SLA bash http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif